Yikes. How did Hal ever recover from this complete and utter thrashing?

Yikes. How did Hal ever recover from this complete and utter thrashing?

Other urls found in this thread:

gatesnotes.com/2018-Annual-Letter
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He got hit on the head a few times, went insane, tried to destroy the universe, died, became the spectre, came back to life, and is now the greatest Lantern who ever lived.

So no, probably not.

If this individual didn’t have such a low IQ he would now that Hal saving the planet and universe means that he is also saving the black skins.

By fucking that dude’s daughter or grandchild

By going home to his nice neighborhood.

People will shit on this for being dated but I absolutely love Green Lantern/Green Arrow

By hiring black Green Lanterns. Affirmative action is the only real solution to racism!

>race is just skin color

what nice neighborhood? Hal lived in his car and collected unemployment around this time

same tbqh

>dated
It's more relevant than ever in the current political climate.

Those are some unfortunate genetics.

You joke but John is a thousand times the Green Lantern Hal ever was.

He got back at Green Arrow for making him deal with ghetto people later by mocking his degenerate adopted son's heroin addiction.

>The government won't give me money
>better set a cop car on fire

>Well what's your answer to THAT--?
>*text shakes and explodes out of the box*

So are blue skins, orange skins and purple skins less important than the black skins or white skins?

Man, that was some stuff. I still remember the part where Roy was suffering from withdrawal and only Dinah was there to support him because Olli was too much of a shitbag

It's okay to be purple.

>Save the planet from destruction on a daily basis
>Some ungrateful nigger harangues you for not giving him a handout

>one of the few Republican superheroes
>insane and a villain
What did Marvel mean by this?

He's saying Green Lantern goes around doing publicity stunts with extraterrestrials while ignoring the poverty and marginalization of black people back on his home planet.

has he killed a thousand more planets than Hal or something?

Eerily similar to Donald Trump.

he's neither a republican nor a marvel character user

It's funny how a government PSA turned into a character defining moment.

As a green lantern he no longer can defend just earth, he has to defend his entire sector.

Donald Trump works for Oa?

For a similar argument, see this Bill and Melinda Gates Q&A where they respond to how a lot of people ask them why they give so much to foreign nations and don't do more for their own.
gatesnotes.com/2018-Annual-Letter
Or the classic "Why are you sending astronauts to space when people are still starving on Earth?"
Basically statists and liberals have always felt entitled to complain about investments in anything other than gibsmedat free money handouts.

Obvious joke is he's an Orange Lantern construct.

America first, Oa works for him.

Out of context this just seems like some old grumpy black asshole complaining about shit.

It seems that way in context too.

I tried reading this run but it's really tiring. Very one-sided and they make Hal a drooling strawman for the most of It.

Whatever happened to when you could get "bigger and better" comics for 25 cents? Now they expect you to pay more for less. No wonder people just read it all online. The books aren't even made out of good material.

>paying
>for comics
Do people still do this? Is it that much more enjoyable to read comics on paper instead of on your laptop?

That's my point. People don't do it because it isn't even affordable anymore. It made sense back then because they didn't have the internet back then and a quarter was literally nothing. When my mother was a child she had this comic store that she could go to that even let you return comics and get new ones.

Didn't Hal and Dinah actually try to help Roy while Ollie fucking ditched him?
I'd ditch Roy too at this point. Guy's a lost cause

Freaks don't count.

It doesn't really make sense because Hal saves the earth a million times. Also the social issues in this series was really hamfisted

He's not asking for the Earth to be saved, he's asking for welfare bux.

I hate how they draw him sulking like a faggot.
The Hal I know would be thinking along the lines of "fuck you, nigger man".

the art was the only good parts. also it ruined hal's character for years to come

>Yikes
Kill yourself

By keeping his book while Green Arrow got dumped to a back up in Flash.

...Yikes.

Green Lantern hates people with no hands.

you have that backwards user, Green Lantern got cancelled and Hal ended up as a Flash backup feature for a couple years

He's a far better leader, and makes far better constructs. Hal is a whiny bitch. The only reason he's considered the best is Johns constantly wanking him off.

>and makes far better constructs
yeah, making nothing but guns and construction equipment is way better than planes and motorcycles

In what way?

nigga I save the entire earth on a weekly basis

If I were a Green Lantern I would make my constructs giant women all the time because that would be neat.

It wasn't just a character defining moment. it was a MEDIUM defining moment. It was an open presentation of comic's ability to handle more mature topics with more nuance than "drugs are bad"

Uhh, our president who hates black people? Did you miss that?

He got Green Arrows sidekick addicted to heroin and said now what you going to do about that Ollie you dumb hippie fuck

"Because you roody-poos fuck up everything you touch."

"And your grandson stole my car. Asshole."

the guy in the comic is drawn with african features, you know what he meant.

>unironically fighting for mutants

>hating mutants

Hi, Kyle

Jesus Christ, if mutants existed and I saw this interview on the tv, I'd instantly hate them.

>Marvel

How dumb or new are you?

Upvoted ;)

Wow, Marvel's writing is horrible.

They're actively encouraging you to root for the non-mutants.

I mean, the image is true.

Seriously? The other guy is literally a racist caricature and you're taking his side?

>Vote for a brash jackass businessman
OR
>corrupt hell-bitch from Mars funded by the Saudi's who was responsible in part for our invasion of Iraq and also fronted the money to put together a Trump-Russia dossier

Wew, hard decision there

Or you could vote for neither. There's certainly a lot you left out to make him look better than he is.

"Because all of your problems are self-inflicted and I can't say your retarded asses from yourselves."

>It's Hillary's fault
>It's the Democrats' fault
>It's the media's fault

Did you miss the fact that that is not true. I know you don’t like the guy, but could you stop lying about him?

This is real? Not an edit?

It's real. Gerard Jones' run.

>what is shitholegate

When did he even imply that he hates black people?

>calling countries shitholes means he hates black people

wew, what level of IQ is dis at? 189?

Better question, why are there so many fucking Sup Forumstards on the comics board? You know it's not good optics to care this much about comics, right?

This.

>some mong brings up muh drumpf out of nowhere
>it's/ pol/ 's fault

Like what jefe?

So Haiti isn’t a shithole? What with slavery and Rampent poverty?

Way to dodge the question. When did he ever say he hated black people?

I'm not repeating myself.

Like all the business interests he has in other countries which are profiting from his presidency. He's entirely motivated by self-interest.

Neither am I.

Good. About time you Sup Forums shitheads learned when to shut the fuck up and sit down.

Funnybooks have been golden lately.

>Hal's fucking face in the upper right
My sides, every time.

Oh sweety, it's time to grow up and quit the soy-diet. Your little shrimp dick is starving for something with sustenance.