Allen Gregory

What went wrong?

Jonah Hill is unfunny and unentertaining epitomized.

>Had no idea who it was making fun of, rich spoiled liberals, or people put off by rich spoiled liberals
>No sympathetic characters with major roles
>Off-putting art style

First look at that promo art and tell me what went righiiiiiiighhnmk ,.

I watched the series for the first time and I hate how the characters are constantly referring to Allen by his full name all the time for no reason.

If Meet The Robinsons is Chicken Little with a heart, is pic related OP with a heart?

regardless of what people say it had potential
the main character was an insufferable prick but he ends up paying for it in many ways
rusty venture is pushed into realizing he lives in a bubble but he doesnt break free
the adopted sister and the boyfriend can find a real family in each other
its all touched in what little episodes there are but not fully explored, i think if they got a chance they would have taken it places

Sit Down and Shut Up was OK

i can't recall allen getting any comeuppance except for that woman he thought was her mom telling him and his dad how horrible they were.

Everything.

>lost his chance to connect with his mom because he couldnt take anyone having authority over him
>lost his chance to develop a real bond with jeremy too even tho the poor guy constantly tries to be there for him
>cant develop any real friendships because he is so self obsessed, hell he stole the cool kids friends by being a better person than him and then threw it away for a chance to suck up to him even when confronted with how much a bad person the cool kid was
just because allen doesnt realize how much his attitude costs him it doesnt mean its not there

What's co's opinion on big mouth? Seemed like the kind of show it'd automatically hate

It wants to be a Seth McFartland show, and fails at that.

Also, all the characters in that picture are teenagers.

ah! didn't see points 2 and 3 that way.

was looking more of allen being told exactly what's wrong and realizing he was wrong.

Fuck off Pan, do your own work

which richard is scarier in their incompetence? de longpre or watterson?

outside of toonforce that is.

*middle schoolers

well, i like that the show is more subtle with it
a character doesnt have to be confronted directly with his actions to be a good character
allen is alone, he has been alone since the first episode and they build om that by showing us why
they didnt do much with the premise but i think thats because it got cancelled

middle schoolers are 12-14, so yes, they can be and probably are teens.

iirc he does get told but it doesn't really stick because one way or another it works out for him.

like the racist play that the audience thought was too meta or something that it became a hit instead of a bomb.

/thread