Its going to be shit

Its going to be shit
youtu.be/dzxFdtWmjto

Ur shit

>its going to be shit
>Sony
Ya think?

Of course it will be, its made by SONY. They lucked out with Jumanji what with the cast. I like Tom Hardy, but NOTHING about this trailer says "Venom".

Its a jason borne movie plastered with the nave Venom
Your mother

I swear to Christ Sup Forums if you or anybody else ruins this for me ill make sure you ALL PAY.

IVE BEEN WAITING 30 YEARS FOR THIS! ITS ALL I HAVE LEFT!

So is this going to be connected to Spider-man at all?

See this? This is a desperate fanboy willing to eat shit just to see his favorite character on screen.

You are gonna have to wait another 30 years for a good one then or death

Nobody knows

press 7 while the trailer is playing to see my reaction to how bad this will be

>teaser for nostalgic or comic book property does not show or even tease the property in question at any point (no, goop in a container for 2 seconds doesn't count)

That's a sign that I know it's going to be shit.

didn't we have a venom movie with Spiderman 3

“Supposedly” it has to do with a time period after he meets spoderman

I cant wait for Venom to show up in the last 5 minutes for the fight against generic government guy

Yeah, he gets the black suit during infinity war but he throws it out and the post credits is venom

How the fuck can anyone tell from that trailer if the movie is going to be good. It reveals fucking nothing.

answered your own question

That's it though, they had nothing to show. We don't want the entire plot spelled out or anything, but a teaser is supposed to actually get people interested and talking about it. This didn't do that. Someone slapped this trailer together and thought this was acceptable, it isnt. A claw hand, a smile, seeing the goo take him over, ANYTHING would have been better than this

>Do a venom Origin
>Without Spidey

It was dead on the start

It'd be cool if he gets the suit in Infinity War but I think he needs to keep it longer than a portion of a movie

This is whats going to happen

Honestly, if they didn't put the face and the word Venom on the end of the trailer, you wouldn't even know it was a Venom movie.

Venom > Black Pansy, Guardians of the Grating sense of humor, White Miles, and whoever else you soyboys like. Eat shit.

Why is it an origin story?

Why does it have the visual style of every other superhero film?

Why isn't it a comedy-horror in the vein of Return of the Living Dead?

It can't have zero connection to Spidey. They'll do something completely retarded, but it will have to connect somehow, because Venom's appearance and powerset make NO FUCKING SENSE if you completely divorce him from Spider-Man.

Venom brings out the most edgey comic fans

>Sony
>We see the symbiote in a grand total of one shot for about two seconds
>We literally never see a shot of Venom, or even a hint to his existence outside of the rambling voiceover
>Fucking Sony

No shit.

Or you know they aren't retarded enough to show everything in the first TEASER.

We're not asking for everything, we're asking for ANYTHING

Did you even read my fucking post? A teaser has to tease SOMETHING for fuck sake. Had the title card not appeared at the end, would you even know that this was supposed to be a Venom movie? No. How about you go next door to the editor and tell him to make a trailer worth people's time, you Sony marketer

>sony
And water is wet.

This is being made for the fans...

No you mongaloid, if you know its going to sell well you show a silhouette of Venom, or a arm, voice something. It shows you have confidence in your product.

Why hasn't Sony gone bankrupt yet?

yeah calm down lad. I agree. I finished reading your post after i clicked post.
yeah i guess. I mean its not really a big deal. Not like we're loosing anything.

>because Venom's appearance and powerset make NO FUCKING SENSE if you completely divorce him from Spider-Man.

How? Eddie has rocked space goo without the spider, and as far as his "webbing" goes, you do know it's a pseudo webbing right? It's not real web, it's just symbiote tendrils he uses his shapeshifting powers to make look like the webbing because....reasons

Jumanji did better than TLJ.

They didn't even do THAT. For all general audiences know, "V" is the name of the movie.

>it's an eddie brock adaptation and not an agent venom adaptation

what a waste

>it's being made for the fans
What are you talking about?

Why does that mean they shouldn't do something more inventive with the medium than we've seen 30 other times?

Hell, if it's being made for the fans why does it seem to have little to do with the character beyond the symbiote being present?

based liefeld

Venom white spider symbol in the chest is one of the reasons for his popularity.

>Hell, if it's being made for the fans why does it seem to have little to do with the character beyond the symbiote being present?

I see you've never read the comics actually titled "Venom" before. Notice how it says "guest staring" Spider-Man, because he was not the focal point once Eddie went off on his own.

>this run from the generic evil government
>super serious generic demons inside monologue.
>only hint of Venom is goop and his arm making a tendril just out of frame.
I just wanted a goofy Venom movie where he shatters bones, threatens to eat brains, gives women head pats, and surfs the web. Fucking Sony!

user I'm not saying that Spider-Man should be in it, I'm complaining about how the film itself looks. The style looks incredibly bland and it'd be able to distance itself from Spidey as a character more effectively if it wasn't an origin story.

Where did you get that I thought Spider-Man should be in it from what I've been saying?

>surfs the web
What boards would Venom browse? We all know Eddie Brock's a /fit/izen but has bonding with the symbiote changed his taste in boards?

/trash/ and /d/

this

>>this run from the generic evil government
You mean like, in the comic book?

Except those guys were given interesting costumes and stuff. The movie will just be generic soldier guys you could see in any other movie.

>/h/
>/fit/
>/gif/

/x/ maybe.

Go back to the 90's faggot. Symbiotes are played out and were only cool for edgy teens.

Fuck it, I'll make a better teaser trailer
>Eddie is in a bar, drinking
>Bartender walks up "Drinking alone?"
>"I'm never alone...."
>Looks at his hand, some black goo quickly darts underneath his jacket to hide
>Random shots of armed black ops soldiers
>A flash of a clawed hand
>A fully transformed Eddie is holding a thug against a brick wall in a dark alley
>"What the hell are you?!"
>End with a shot of Venom's face, slowly splitting apart to reveal his elongated jaw with sharp teeth
>VENOM

>Except those guys were given interesting costumes and stuff. The movie will just be generic soldier guys you could see in any other movie.

Huh, you mean like...comic book movies play down the more "ridiculous" aspects of the source material, like Hawkeye wearing a bright purple mask and being relegated to muted purple tacticool genericness? Or Scarlet Witch wearing tights,a cape, and a headdress but instead dressing like Amy Lee of Evanescence on casual friday??

Not him, but you're going out of your way trying to justify a shitty trailer that couldn't be bothered to show even a tease of the main character's suit. Also you're trying to equate regular costumes to a "costume" that in it of itself is a character

See this is exactly what I'm talking about.

A lot of you 'true fans' guys don't seem to care what the film is actually like beyond there being similarities in plot.

Where are the striking visual palettes in the trailer? Where's Venom's unique dialogue sense? Where's the over-the-top melodrama? Where's the 80's B-movie character archetypes?

Venom, as a character, is a child of the late 80's and early 90's. There's no sense of that in the trailer, there's no sense of any kind of directorial vision.

What I'm saying, user, is that you've got very easily sated tastes.

The eyes alone already speak volumes. Hardy's Venom is going to look at least equally as shit as the one in Spider-Man 3. Symbiotes only look good on paper.

That is cliched as hell, goofy, and would be done in fifteen seconds, and that's still better than the trailer we got.

That was the point, yeah

Symbiotes were in multiple video games, cartoons, and were in or planned to be in every Spider-Man film series of the 00s. They have been continually popular, and certainly sell more merch and have more brand recognition than half of the characters in the MCU even still. You're severely delusional if you think things have changed that much since the 90s in terms of who's popular and who isn't among the target demographic.

Vision will never sell toys, never. Sorry cuck

And what I'm saying is you're judging the movie based on less than two minutes of non footage. It's a teaser, they're teasing the movie, it's not an official trailer. They just want people to know it's actually being made.

Your cynicism before seeing it tells me all I need to know about your intentions, you want it to fail.

>wall-crawling
>spider-sense

Well it's a shit teaser then, user; if the film manages to surprise me I'll be happy but right now there's nothing there that looks interesting.

All symbiotes can wall crawl, they're fucking made of slime. It's not unique to Venom. Venom also doesn't have "spider-sense", his symbiote has no true eyes, it can see from all over it's body and relays that information to the host. The only thing having to do with spider-sense is that the Venom symbiote can bypass Spidey's spider-sense, hell maybe they can all do that but IIRC it's just Venom because of their prior bonding.

Buddy, it was a shit teaser. There was nothing to tease, nothing that makes a moviegoer or a comic fan say "I want to see that!" which is the entire point of the goddamn teaser. People don't want it to fail, they're just smart enough to read the signs. The signs being Sony's track record, and what we've seen thus far. You think we're looking for things to hate? Well it sounds like you're reaching for things to like

>Sony's track record

Ok let's take a look
Good:
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
Amazing Spider-Man

Bad:
Spider-Man 3
Amazing Spider-Man 2

Really not that bad of a track record. And no, other movies don't count because they're not Sup Forums related. This is not Sup Forums. And for what it's worth, I find nothing to like in this teaser either, because it shows NOTHING. I can't judge nothing.

>And no, other movies don't count because they're not Sup Forums related
Other films they've made in the past 5 years count for more than the Raimi Spider-Man films do here. We're talking about a film adaption, other films produced by the company are relevant.

Way to use examples 14/16 years old. And why don't non capeshit magically not count? Its still Sony. You're blatantly ignoring their other movies just to make it seem like Sony hasn't been hemorrhaging money for years thanks to stupid decisions. A better argument would have been Jumanji, but that wasn't exactly hard to make money off of given the cast and thanks to Last Jedi being shit. Also your logic is flawed because it DOES give you something, a fucking trailer which is designed to give you investment in their movie. A poster for example would suit your logic better.
>Amazing Spider-Man
>Good
Well that's just shit taste.

You're just a shill. 'Nuff said, true believer.

Look I'm only here to talk comics and cartoons.

No, you're a shitposter trying to start shit. Calling out Sony's stupidity doesn't magically make someone a Mouseshill

So, name the top ten worst MCU movies if you have it in you.

Thor: The Dark World
Age of Ultron
Iron Man 2
Civil War
Spider-Man Homecoming
Pretty much all of the Netflix stuff

If I'm being honest only Iron Man, Iron Man 3 and First Avenger are good for more than a single viewing, the rest is forgettable at best and actively repulsive in the case of the above films

>Name 10 out of the current 18 movies
Well that doesn't sound bias

it's actually stated that symbiotes can retain the powers of their previous hosts, that's how venom and all the later symbiotes got spider-mans powers

Interesting, I would say Civil War was at least entertaining minus the Spider-Man parts which was puke worthy.

As for Iron Man 3, I hated it. Mandarin has the potential to be an epic villain and they squandered it, as well as making the movie about some little Disney channel looking homo twink. I prefer Iron Man 2, even if it is still kind of shitty.

>it's actually stated that symbiotes can retain the powers of their previous hosts, that's how venom and all the later symbiotes got spider-mans powers
But that's wrong. I'm sure some sloppy writer stated that because they didn't bother to learn about the character they were writing, but it's wrong. Venom's webbing has always been just part of his symbiote disguised, it weakens the farther he gets from it, he never had a spider-sense, his symbiote just sees for him, and he can climb walls because symbiotes do that. Why do you think no symbiote other than Venom uses webs yet can use their mass in the same exact way?

cliches are not a bad thing you fucking goof

I don't know why people are making a big deal, think of it this way, it's not like a Venom movie would be made otherwise, it's literally doing no harm to anybody but Sony if it sucks. You'd have to be dumb to believe the MCU would do anything with the character and if they did they would just make him a ruined one off villain.

What's happened with Venom since 150? I got mad took and took a break for while.

Uh, Eddie is doing Eddie things, Flash became Anti-Venom, Sasuke became Maniac, Eddie fights Kraven, some dinosaurs, teams up with past X-Men or some crap

When they dont show Venom in the trailer, then yes. Because they are relying on the reveal of the character tp sell tickets instead of the movie itself. Corperate hacks need to leave the creative process to the creative people.

He will look like Venom for 5 minutes tops.

It's not the real trailer, it's a teaser

I'm sorry m9 but maybe you should just enjoy the exitsing media instead of living in wishful fantasies when you're 30+ years old

Damn, I got fucking told, I guess all I have left to do is wait for you to teleport behind me and kill me with your katana

Shut up.

doesnt make it exempt from criticism

Notice how Venom is actually in costume in this picture

>and if they did they would just make him a ruined one off villain.
That already happened in SM3 so not a great track record here

>I don't know why people are making a big deal, think of it this way, it's not like a Venom movie would be made otherwise, it's literally doing no harm to anybody but Sony if it sucks

The more bad dark comic book movies we got, the more execs are going to think the MCU is the only way to do things.

I love the MCU(ree at me all you want faggots) but we need more diversity of tone. Logan isn't enough to sell the notion that these can be dark but good.

Just another Venom hater. He will keep being one of Marvel's most popular characters no matter how hard you try to prove otherwise. Fuck you faggot.

The best thing Sony could do for the fans is sell their license.

As if you'd know what Venom fans want. Being an MCU fan = being basically not a Venom fan. You are against everything Venom stands for, being complex villains, anti-heroes, and non kid friendly violence.

Better chance of the MCU taking a risk and making that than Sony creating anything worthwhile when we all know they are just squeezing Venom for cash.

>Just another Venom hater

This is absurd. This movie looks fuck-all like Venom, it looks like Diet Bourne starring Tom Hardy.

>Better chance of the MCU taking a risk
Yeah, and I guess McDonalds will start selling sex toys in Happy Meals

Well you sure showed me.

Enjoy your venom movie friend. I'm sure Sony has the wishes of the fans in mind.

>I just wanted a goofy Venom movie

Whoa there big guy, audiences might think it's a comic book movie.