Black Lightning Talkback Thread

"And Then the Devil Brought the Plague: The Book of Green Light"

PAYBACK IS A BITCH - An unexpected phone call unearths the long-buried need for Jefferson (Cress Williams) to investigate the murder of his father. Meanwhile, Annisa (Nafessa Williams) wrestles with the fact that her actions have dire consequences. Lastly, Jennifer (China Anne McClain) learns the importance of controlling her temper - in all situations.

>Stream 1
arconai.tv/stream.php?id=92

>Stream 2
livetvmisc.wixsite.com/main

>Stream 3
tgo-tv.net/watch/live-tv/cw-live-stream.php

>Stream 4
streamgaroo.com/television/united-states/cw-live-stream

Oh good, Black Lightning is back.

flashbro that was skeptical of black lightning here

i watched all 4 episodes and really got into the show. I'm sorry that it took so long to get into it. Thanks to the anons who told me to give it a fair chance.

Was gonna make thread. But seriously what is CW doing why isnt Legends and this on hiatus like the other shows. Its the Winter Olympics.

Prepare yourself for more Jeff pining after his ex instead of going ball deep in that vice principle

does black lightning ever get a vehicle? seems inefficient to go everywhere on foot

He needs the exercise

Welp, there you go.

Now you have your answer.

The target audience for Black Lightning has no reason to watch the Winter Olympics.
Winter Olympics is for white sports.

Does he look like he needs a vehicle?!

Hey, is Black Lightning back?

BLACK LIGHTNING CAN FLY

The dude can glide/fly!?

>Not knowing that you can use electricity to fly

>hes having so much fun with his flight

This is literally Infamous

I'm going to say that the target demographic for Black Lightning is not super interested in the Winter Olympics.

Because the only black Winter Olympians are in bobsled.

This seems too OP... there's gotta be a catch. He can't fly everywhere like Ironman.

Glad you’re having fun!

Im getting into this show.

I like the figure skating and im black

In my opinion, someone with the power of electricity should be fully capable of being The Flash, AND, flying through the sky like a bolt of lightning.

>Anti-Aging serum
Wow, "Light Black" reeeeeally don't crack.

Like some kind of Bike Lightning?

Fucking hell, Gambi had a deal with Tobias? Fuck!

And the ASA? What is Gambi involved in?!

The CW dont have that kind of budget.

>Based White friend is dirty
why

Figure skating ain't gots nothing on curling.

Yer pregnant Anissa, that's why you got powers

This is Legends' chance to prove itself by standing on its own. Same for Black Lightning.
Not unless we're talking about retard Barry from Supergirl season 1. The one who throws lightning at a woman made of lightning.

>character in the show is doing something
>background music is relevant to what they're doing

What is this called? I'm not sure if I like it or if it's corny.

I adore the sisterly banter.

>Legionnaires

Because he always was in the comics. He's a redemptive arc, and his brother (who existed first) was the TAILOR OF CRIME, who made the Flash Rogue costumes.

Necessary opinion: the "Power, power" intro is really bad.

So does that make the outsiders real on this earth?

I love edits of music put in during curling events.

I'm just talking about the full potential of electricity, that most don't seem aware of. Most, like Black Lightning, do little more than shoot lightning from their fingers.

Did you forget that time Supergirl used heat vision on a woman with fire powers?

It's corny. Specifically, shit like Greenlight and the Freeland song that are way too close to the plot. I don't think there's a term for it specifically, but you can call it non-diagetic if you want to sound fancy. ("Diagetic" means the music is coming from something like a speaker, that the characters can actually hear)

Baby girl got the moves, even without her powers waking up yet.

Having fire powers doesn't mean you're made of fire. But Livewire was clearly living electricity.

POWER POWER POWER POWER POWER

It's also super fucking loud.

commercial break

>I'm just talking about the full potential of electricity, that most don't seem aware of. Most, like Black Lightning, do little more than shoot lightning from their fingers.

Some times that's what their power is though. Not electrical control, just electrical blasts.

He does that kind of shit in the comics and the shorts from DC Nation.
The CW doesnt have the budget to do it on the show. If it lasts long enough i dont see Jennifer geting her lightning body.

And when you cum on Livewire it tingles her skin.

This show has a lot of black people in it.

So, there was a conspiracy regarding powers related to experimentation on black soldiers in WWII. Interesting world building regardless if it pans out to actually be something or not.

So I thought that both his girls got electricity powers. Thunder and Lightning.

Seems like him using his powers so much is overly taxing him.

Huh, has he taxed himself on his powers or is it actually an addiction thing.

Yes, both of them. Anissa got her first, Jennifer's come later

HOW DARE YOU DO YOUR JOB?!

Jefferson Pierce is an upstanding member of the community.

I really want it to be total BS speculation.

Get this dude a fukken aspirin!

I actually think one of the girls got super strength, and the other got electricity powers

Only Jennifer gets full electric powers to the point of bbecoming living lightning.
Anissa is more sound and strength based.

I always wondered why metas could do whatever they wanted to do without having to eat like 10k calories a day.

Well she's putting it all together.

Obviously the younger sisters powers hasn't awakened yet.

What actually IS thunder as a power?

Thunder doesn't really have electricity powers. I think it's more like density control IIRC.

His ex-wife who seems to have no advantage over said vice-principle, even outside of black lightning discussions they dont have much of great relationship

So there are 14 other black guys with superpowers?

Could the Tuskegee Metas be related to Tobias' anti-aging serum and Green Light?

OK.

>red hat
Subtle

What's the difference between Black Lightning and... Lightning, in terms of abilities?

In the end, he was just a man afraid.

Also, damn! Jefferson is taxing himself something fierce.

First love can be a powerful thing, plus mother of his children, plus the fact that Jeff is dumb as a fucking brick when it comes to his dick

Welp. Black Lightning is dead.

Black Lightning shoots lightning (originally coloured black)

Lightning turns into a lightning elemental.

Black.

Is he kill?

Experience and creativity.

I think Lightning is going to be like Livewire from Superman/Supergirl, where she can turn into electricity, travel through cell phones and shit.

Maybe Tobias has other powers besides an anti aging serum.

Heyyy they finally made it explicit that it's Peter Gambi, not Paul.

Clear info on Anissa's powers

he is capable of increasing her physical density, rendering herself bulletproof, and creating massive shockwaves when stomping upon the ground.
So yeah Density manipulation. But the shockwaves sound like thunder and her dad is the OG electric hero so homage.
Jefferson doesnt become living lightning for one. Classic kid has same power as parent but can unlock more potential.

I hope it turns him monstrously large

he died as he lived

The only thing I was thinking about was mother of his children, forgot all about the first love part. He will probably get over her if she dies after finally accepting him as Black Lighting or something

I can't believe Black Lightning is a FUCKING DEAD!

Is he a Freeland Meta?

So, Black Lightning just shoots and projects electricity, and Lightning IS electricity?

Can Black Lightning absorb electricity and recharge himself or whatever, or does he only generate it? Can he absorb Lightning? Or, alternatively, can Lightning go inside of Black Lightning and give him a power boost?

>Tobias Whale
>Whale
>turns into a Manatee

>if she dies
Jeff will never touch another titty because muh lost Lenore
Only way for him to move on is for his ex wife to move on

angry?

That would be amazing

Black Lightning can absorb electricity and do some Magneto type stuff.

Black.

>TObias Whale
>Whale
>Turns into a whale
>A killer whale

Hopeful

They will probably do whatever they want. On LoT there's a character who can turn into water, and when she drowns people they cough up water afterward, which should mean that she's literally missing a part of herself.

Headaches, mood changes and passing out? That could be just stress, y'know?

It's already turning him monstrously white

I want this to lead to Paul on Flash.

>can Lightning go inside of Black Lightning and give him a power boost?

Lewd AND incestuous.

Jefferson you are what we like to call an old ass nigga. Slow it down.

Where did they find this dude to play Tobias, he's perfectly casted

Not in that way, sicko.

The albino wing?

Is that Kyle from living single?

craig's list