They’re like, super advanced and have way better tech than everywhere else on Earth...

>They’re like, super advanced and have way better tech than everywhere else on Earth, and they have the most intelligent people
>because of vibranium

How exactly does having a rare metal turn cavemen into the most advanced society on earth?

Other urls found in this thread:

history.nasa.gov/sp482.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is Vibranium a room-temperature superconductor? Because that could do it.

The better question is

Why is Wakanda depicted as an ethnostate

But Asgard is mixed race?

Vibranium is literal magic-tier. It can do basically anything.

PANTHER GOD
Because Wakanda doesn't open their borders to anyone. Asgard has frequent travel

because it's a comic movie you fucking autist lmao jesus christ what a loser god get a life virgin lelelelelelelelel

Because Asgard is a hub, it literally has a space bridge to eight other realms, but Wakanda is shut off from the rest of the world.

>The home of the viking gods has more travel back and forth then a small landlocked African nation.

The only way to get to Asgard is a fucking dimensional gate or a spaceship

You’re telling me it’s harder to get into an African state?

IIRC there's also some kinda special herb that turns them superhuman, the ruling Black Panther bloodline anyway.

>Because Asgard is a hub, it literally has a space bridge to eight other realms
The bridge just goes one way though. You never see any other realm species in Asgard in the films. In fact it's a plot point that Frost Giants aren't allowed, and humans never even know Asgard is real.

They managed to become the most advanced on earth in total isolation?

Better open up the borders

Just like in reality, no one wants to go to Africa

>Having the most valuable and technologically viable substance on Earth thousands of years before other nations even had access to basic mechanical knowledge combined with magical gods and herbs which grant them literal superpowers

I think that would be enough to give any civilisation a head-start in terms of progression and development. I mean, Vibranium basically hand-holds you through its use. The Wakandans essentially got to live life on easy mode.

The small landlocked African nation was previously thought to be another third-world shithole that no one would ever visit anyway with the added caveat of having a particularly conservative foreign policy.

Asgard was way more active than Wakanda in others affairs.

Asgard saw itself as protectors of the realms from the other cosmic fish.

Wakanda is fuck everyone that isn't Wakanda and has god damned tribal gods making avatars so the tribes can build a wall and keep out everyone else.

allow me to quote from this chapter of "Vibranium, Vita Rays, Pym Particles, The Speed Force and You:"

>AIN'T GOTTA EXPLAIN SHIT.

Asgard frequently travels the nine realms when it pleases. Earth however isn't one of their usual stop. If you remember, Hogun the Grim isnt from Asgard, but a neighboring realm. He started a family off Asgard for fuck sake

that's only theoretically valuable even to us at this very highly developed technological level.

the concept of wakanda is a joke

and the Power Cosmic
and Odinforce

Wouldn’t they have to discover electricity first?

All these heroes appearing out of nowhere no longer feels natural.

Well not quite, one of the three Thor buddies belongs to one of the Realms. It's just that people from Asgard can go anywhere in the 9 realms, and anyone can get in as long as the (Rose-Einstein) Bridge is open, which is what Hela did. Normally it wouldn't happen since there's a gatekeeper (Heimdall).
Either way it really is no coincidence that the Devil's Anus, the biggest hole in Sakaar, was precisely the one that led to Asgard, it had to be a big hub, the Junction to Everywhere.

>metal that, if used in any weapon, would be unbreakable and allow even the weakest warrior to defend himself against the fiercest attack (vibration canceling)
>even if they just made simple weapons, they'd be able to defend their homeland against any conceivable bronze-middle ages invasion, leading to the longest unbroken chain of civilization in the entire world
>Focus on this weapon crafting and delicate metallurgy leads to a focus on chemistry and technology, shitty societies around them leads them to focus efforts inward

That's ignoring all the crazy other tech you can make with vibranium. And the herb. And the mystic shit.

Basically its the one time a nigga has won the lottery, and they still complain.
And yes I stole that from Dave Chappelle

Also, they likely were a civilization during the golden era of African civilization, and kept it going. While we may see Africa as a shit tier continent now, they had a pretty good period for a while.

Mansa Musa (Mali) once took a trip north and gave away so much gold on the way that it took over a decade for the markets to recover, because he devalued it so much (AKA he had so much to give away).

Reminder that Wakanda was already advanced 800,000 years before the Homo sapiens was even a thing.

Reminder that Wakanda is so advanced that they can build an Empire in another galaxy in just months.

Reminder that, if you call Black Panther a Mary Sue, you are being racist.

In the comics, wakanda was primitive but had magic and panther god protection. The. T'Challa goes to Oxford and is educated by the white man. He then takes his advanced knowledge home and makes wakanda super advanced.

Okay the Galactic Empire shit is just fucking retarded. Or did Marvel forget that they're a country of shut in Xenophobes? Oh wait, their editors confirm that every day

So Wakandans are a privileged people?

That was just Jason Aaron seeding ideas that I'm sure he doesn't have the answers for yet. Since Legacy came out there's no clue as to what's going on with all the stuff he came up with, only the No Surrender crossover and the return of Wolverine, which is tied to Infinity Countdown because fuck you. Everything else is up in the air.
So I wouldn't take that as gospel just like I wouldn't expect any timeline for the Golden Thor that was foreshadowed in a recent Mighty Thor issue.

Can't get any more privileged than settling on top of the world's most valuable natural resource and receiving the blessing of a literal god in hoarding and industrialising it.

Because it only works on spear chuckers.

Wakanda's privilege has never been called into question. This movie's more concerned with how they use that privilege to fuck off from the rest of the world and live in comfort while others suffer.

I'm worried they will bring the tech too far in the MCU. When you can have shit materialize out of nothing, you kind of can't top advancing technology any further in the MCU.

What do Asgardians being the inspiration for viking gods have to do with anything?

Same reason why it would be dumb as shit if Wakanda gods were white dudes

It's not an ethnostate, there's multiple tribes in Wakanda.

DESU, Wakanda as a space empire is pretty fucking interesting, and probably the most interesting thing they've done with BP since him and Namor were blood feuding.

You mean Black Panther and Iron Man's new nano suits? Why miraculous machines, I doubt they're something that can be mass produced. If anything, the tech boost for the MCU world might give way for the Sinister Six happening. I mean how many times are they going to use the "reverse engineered alien tech" excuse?

history.nasa.gov/sp482.pdf

Availability of certain metals is what allowed most societies to progress faster than others. Its what allowed the English to go straight into mass mold production instead of the Japanese with their poor quality metals needing intensive refining

The Wakandan gods are beasts. Shows what you know.

black people are the smartest race on the planet duuuh

What's the canon history of Wakanda right now? Even if they imported electricity and computers around the same time everyone else discovered it, a monopoly on Vibranium can jumpstart their technological advancement far ahead of the rest of the world if it's as godlike as they make it out to be.

Well, according to Black Panther's midcredits scene Black Panther vows to help the rest of the world by integrating Wakanda technology with it all. If they really plan go to through with that, the MCU could be radically different with flying cars and shit.

More like Wankanda.

>introduce Wakanda in 1966
>literally no one gives a shit about an advanced African nation
>Wakanda in 2018 is a problem
lmao, what happened to you Americans

Well I'm sure it will be a gradual introduction. Can't see Wakanda dumping all of their trade secrets to unprepared nations. It's a great excuse to introduce new science for both Doctor Octopus and Reed Richards

>the most interesting thing they've done with BP since him and Namor were blood feuding.
How interestizzZZZZzzzZZ...

>inb4 Hickmanfags pretend that New Avengers is an absolute classic of the industry.

Wakanda was a anti colonialism parable, during the end of African colonialism and communist guerilla wars.

Vibranium, as amazing as it may be, isn't of much use in many scientific fields aside from weapon development and engineering though, no?
How could it contribute to development in, say, medical science or computer science? Especially if we consider the isolated state of wakanda which also hindered the exchange of ideas with sciences in other parts of the world.
Now, if wakanda had been a state that openly traded its vibranium with other nations, thus gaining wealth to simply buy knowledge and technology to improve their own scientific research, and use its wealth to invest in in education and sciences i would understand, but they have been closed off.

>How does it help medical science
Heart Shaped Herb

>>They’re like, super advanced and have way better tech than everywhere else on Earth, and they have the most intelligent people
>>because of vibranium
>
>How exactly does having a rare metal turn cavemen into the most advanced society on earth?
Its retarded, makes no fucking sense, but Marvel are cowards wakanda should had been the center of the slave trade, a shithole that ised their superior metal to enslave others and trade people for tech and ancient greek, egypt and roman texts for their country.

>aside from engineering
just how much "engineering" do you think is part of your life right now

>How could it contribute to development in, say, medical science or computer science?
Did you even watch the movie? They had vibranium balls which could patch up wounds with vibrations and computers which used vibranium to create holograms.

It's vibranium: you ain't got to explain shit

Yeah, because Jesus was blue-eyed magazine model instead of some rough-hewn swarthy motherfucker as popular depictions imply. People will adapt their beliefs to match what is familiar to them because it's a part of human behavior. The Asgardians and Asgardian culture existed well before the vikings, the vikings simply adapted their beliefs and culture of what they knew of them.

The Wakandan gods are endemic to their culture and society so it makes sense if that's directly reflected, the Asgardians are just superpowered demigods that simply inspired the vikings but are entirely their own race.

Wukanda doesnt even want other blank nation's inside their borders.

>vibranium balls which could patch up wounds with vibrations

Lurk for a year before posting

Is this your first experience with comic books?

Because you, my friend, are never gonna make it.

>people never had a problem with starkly contrasting Earth tech (normal Marvel citizen society and Stark/SHIELD's bullshit)
>vibranium tech bullshit is where the line is drawn

Looking for any reason to bitch huh?

>They had vibranium balls which could patch up wounds with vibrations
What does that even mean?

DON'T GOTTA EXPLAIN SHIT

>this rare ressource that has one very specific property can do everything
That's so retarded kek

It's like the arabs using Oil to heal people or program computers.

We used to know exactly what wakanda virbanium does, though. It absorbs kinetic energy and also emits a mild radiation that can cause mutations after prolonged exposure. That's pretty specific. But yeah i guess it's just a mcguffin now like Chitauri tech in the MCU.

>But yeah i guess it's just a mcguffin now like Chitauri tech in the MCU.
>vibranium is a MacGuffin because a more advanced society understands and knows how to use it better than outsiders
>advanced alien tech is a MacGuffin because it kicks domestically produced Earth tech

Vibranium isn't a MacGuffin because it's been long established to be important to the setting. Chitauri tech didn't disappear when they were beaten, it was believably salvaged by government and private entities and sold off to the black market, no shit it's going to show up more often in the setting.

I don't think you understand what a MacGuffin is.

Well for one asgardians are not human.

It is more likely than that story from a bunch of people who reportedly saw their past lives in Egypt and claimed there were both AYYYliens and hwite blone blue-eyed time travelers from the year 3000.

Don't worry, your movie is not that far out.

>cavemen
racist detected

Cavemen is a meme anyway. They were forest men, who visited caves during really bad weather.

Internet happened

The concept of a superhero is a joke.
It's a comic, it's dumb as fuck by definition.

Some (I said SOME) cape comics are not shit however.

I didn't say they are bad, just that they are dumb.

Would you believe that sympathetic vibrations help to align the body's chakras and thus accelerate natural healing?

Stop that, Mencia.

Most. #NotAll

That is some obscure knowledge, average user doesn't know.

Will this be the end of old man Logan with resurrected Wolvie taking his solo comic spot?

No idea, but they recently announced four minis to tell the story of his return. Yes, four teams in four different minis for that shit, that's how hard he sells because I doubt Marvel would take that risk otherwise.

You know why.

Worked for Australia in the TF2 universe.

I hear rumblings of resurrecting proffessor x too. Maybe death herself brings these heroes back to help stop thanos.

And look what happened. Whole bloody continent, gone.

That's New Zealand Australia is still alright

Mencia doesn't admit to the jokes he steals