What did you think about V for Vendetta the first time you saw it? What do you think of it now?

What did you think about V for Vendetta the first time you saw it? What do you think of it now?

I thought "BUCK FUSH!" the first time I saw it.

I actually only watched it quite a while after all the hubbub died down and pretty much nobody was running around in Guy Fawkes masks anymore.

It's a great movie that got slowly poisoned in the collective opinion of places like Sup Forums by overeager and inattentive children who couldn't sit still long enough to actually understand the message of the movie and instead latched onto the "coolest" parts, much like Fight Club.

>don't be totalitarian kids!
Wow such a deep and thought provoking message.

I think it's great that Hugo Weaving carries the whole movie while committed to wearing the mask the whole time.

Natalie Portman and John Hurt are good too

>totalitarian
he was also anti-democracy

I liked it when it first came out and I still think its a good movie.

I saw this movie in theaters. I fell asleep half way thru and when I woke up Natalie Portman had no hair. I did not like that one bit! Never tried to watch it again. The "remember, remember" edgy kids scared me away from trying a Rewatch. I don't really think about it now.

>Hugo Weaving carries the whole movie
pretty much this

I sperged but not enough to be ashamed about it. Then I read the comic and hated my old self.

I liked it. I follow politics and still didnt think it was as heavy handed with stuff about Bush. It was more about the PATRIOT act than Bush, but sadly nobody gives a fuck and shat on it for having any implications that could be applicable to current events
its definitely better than the comics. The comics are just fucking weird.

I loved it the first time I saw it. Now, I can still kind of respect it. I know Moore hates it for taking a criticism about Thatcherism and turning it around to Bush, but I understood what the Wachowskis wanted to do.

It was mildly entertaining the first time I saw it. It doesn't have enough depth to go back to, even years later.

>we have to live in the same world as people like this

i'll be honest it what got me into comics first saw the movie then read the comic,looked for more stuff by alan moore and it kinda branched off into finding other comics and whatnot

One of the better adaptations of Alan Moore's.

>4cham

the only reason 4gams has any association with it is because the weaver (the artist) did his epic fail guy which took off, and because Anonymous(the fagtavist group) took that and tried to make their home here.

Growing up, it was meme'd so hard by cringe-inducing 4-faggots that went to scientology protests that I literally made fun of, mocked, and scorned anyone who wore the masks or quoted the movie, so I'd kinda be a hypocrite now to go back on my word and actually watch this.

It's a pretty good movie, my opinion about it didn't changed much since then, it's pretty solid.

When I first saw it I thought Equilibrium was better.
Still do to this day.

Good movie.

Do it. It's good.

Read the comic first. Not saying the points in the comic are right or that I agreed with them, but they did make me think. The movie less so.

I thought it was okay when I first saw it.

Now, I dislike it based on how much Alan Moore trashes everyone and everything who isn't him and how Alan breaks both his arms jacking himself off.

An ok movie that Sup Forums ruined to the point where you can't like it.

If it came out today, man oh man the “muh Drumpf” headlines.

>Not saying the points in the comic are right or that I agreed with them, but they did make me think

Satire of Thatcher-era British politics has zero relevance in 2005. Adapting it to the times was the only way to not make it seem like a dated historical artifact.

>wow, that movie was cool

Unironically one of my favorite movies.
This
>I can't like things other people like
?

Overacting.

I loved it. One of my favorite movies still.

first time
>wow, this makes a lot less sense when you remove that many bits from the comics also why did they turn the Leader into generic evil totalitarial villain number 783?
now
>bollocks

Hard if not impossible to be totalitarian while not being anti-democracy.

Thought V was a bit of an edgelord, and suddenly realized where all them fedoras got their personalities from.

Didn't care much for it.