ITT: Oh yeah, they tried to make that a thing

ITT: Oh yeah, they tried to make that a thing.

Weirdworld during and after Secret Wars, having many books just take detours to this floating fantasy island in the Marvel Universe.

The Forgiven, a group of vampires who were going to be set up as major players in the Marvel Universe post Fear Itself.

Johnny Walker/USAgent was basically Judge Dredd for a bit in the 90s. It's unironically a better design that The Captain

When the post AvX was supposed to merge the X-Men with the greater Marvel U...only for Perlmutter to happen.

He popped up in an issue of Captain America: Sam Wilson and cameoed as a member of the Resistance during Secret Empire.

The various "old creator returns to continue his old series" books.
>X-Men Forever
>X-Factor Forever
>New Mutants Forever
>Transformers: Regeneration One
>G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero
Did DC ever do any of those?

Didn't they replace Otherworld with that?

I'd love for these two to come back grown-up, jaded, and bitter about being forgotton

storytime it, Del Mundo makes pretty art

At least it was someplace new, and not the fucking savage land for the umpteenth time.

>new
Weirdworld is almost as old a savage land just not used as much

that was what it felt like. a replacement for the savage land

Vampires were incredibly popular in media at the time. It's actually kinda crazy thinking back. So many shitty movies and tv shows. Not to mention books. I guess they thought it would be like the zombie trend and last a good while. Oops.

I fucking loved the Secret Wars Weirdworld book.
Arkon was a good old fashioned Conan badassness.
Also that fuckin' art, man.

>during and after Secret Wars
The latest one had so much good shit why didn't they just continue with all the universes melded it was pretty fun.

Was this just a failed experiment for more alien races in the DCU?

They also tried to make it a feminist thing.

There's Dixon's Bane comic which I think is still ongoing and Woofman's Raven miniseries.

A slate of new characters coming out of the event. All aside from Hitman quickly forgotten.

Probably the same thing will happen with the Dark Matter characters.

I collected Anima and Loose Cannon

Didn't the same thing happen with Zero Hour? Only Starman and LoSH related books (LoSH, Legionnaires, and REBELS) amounted to anything.

Looking it up there was also these.
>Extreme Justice
>Fate
>Manhunter (Chase Lawler)
>Primal Force
>Xenobrood (limited series)

EJ and Fate are usually brought up as a joke.

The bane one is self-contained right? at least it acts like it is

>hhaavveenn
That might be the most unreadable title i have ever seen on a comic, and it's ugly as sin to boot.

Soon to join this category.

At best the not-F4 will survive, because they're existing characters, but Damage? Sideways? whatever not-Black Widow's name is? They were marked for death at birth.

>EJ and Fate are usually brought up as a joke.
Which is sad because EJ is high melodrama that turns campy toward the end and Fate is a solid adventure. And I like 90s Manhunter.

I think so, I haven't seen it referenced in much else. It's only 12 issues with issue 9 or 10 coming out last week.

it's not fair

DC did it with some Convergence miniseries

this was meant for this

I remember reading like two of the old Weirdworld comics.

I thought it was kinda neat they brought it back, but I have no idea what happened to the elf dude and chick.

why..?

Whatever happened to this?

The 90s ended.