Unsounded

Almost forgot to make a thread

what's with all the niggers?

>Queenie's got an Aldish nobleman in one hole while the black tongues is tonguin' the other.

Sharteshanians have such a way with words.

I swear Ashley puts these up herself.

Nah, she just is a slave to staying on schedule. She always updates between 10:45PM and 11:00PM Central time. I bet its actually a race to see which user can create the thread first.

>when there's blood and skulls everywhere but you ain't care because the valium's kicking in

a page late, but I expected Nary to look older, sometime in his 40s at least, given the glimpses we'd seen and the fact that sette is supposed to have stopped aging years ago

He looks fairly old to me. I got no idea what all you guys are talking about. Half of you claim he's a "pretty boy" and now you think he looks young for some reason.

The last couple of comics have really reinforced the idea that Cresce is a more impending threat than Alderode, at least for Sharteshane.

>when two super powers are getting into a final war of super magic genocide and you're just trying to be an honest rogue
The politics in this story are always fun. Also, I have to check back and see how many times Beadman's name pops up on stuff.

I don't get how Beadman can pretend to be unconnected to Frummagem when they're the ones smuggling his silver.

Subcontractor of a subcontracted client, originally paid to transport slaves.

Cresce is closer and can attack on a front Sharteshane can’t defend as well on. Sharte navy makes every other navy blush, but I doubt its army could hold against a full Cresce assault.

Beadman is either unaware that 'Nary was the one who smuggled the red boys or he's fully aware and figures if 'Nary was good enough to get it done the first time he's good enough to trust with whatever skull'duggery he's about to ask for.
>but I doubt its army could hold against a full Cresce assault.
Or they just wouldn't want to. If a good deal of your standing army is religious the last thing you want to do is ask them to fight against the guys who are supposedly fighting their religions sworn enemy's.

Not only does General Bell's faction know the Frummagems were the ones smuggling the silver, the Queen's own sister just saw Nary Frummagem waltz into the palace. Bastion Winalils, an Alderode, recommended him in the first place. Delicieu obviously knows. I mean, is there a single side to this conflict that would not instantly connect Beadman and Frummagem at this point if he pokes about Cresce/Alderode.

The only scenario I can think of is that Beadman wants Rilursa neutralized before she can leave Sharteshane. Have Nary kidnap her and demand a ransom from Cresce. Any political fallout can simply be blamed on another Sharteshane gang doing lawlessness as usual. Beadman did not arrange it before hand since he genuinely wanted to reach a deal with Cresce. There is plenty of time before all the different Gefendur Orders can send representatives to meet with Rilursa. Nary's connections to Beadman won't matter if the entire affair is contained within Sharteshane.

I wonder how spies get into Alderode, with the dammakhert. Beadman seems to be blundering here by worrying more about the known knowns than the known unknowns, to paraphrase a great statesman.

The Shartes are like I don't know, a big dollop of US Jew and Italian and Irish stereotypes and it's great.

Mind you, Nary is probably angling to be Beadman himself.

"Title squarely bought and paid for" is a fucking great line.

Rilursa may have seen Nary, but I doubt that she knows who he is.

There's an elaborate theory in the comics section this time, which is kind of interesting. I think of Murkoph as more Bastion's first experiment than a senet beast's soul (do they have souls?) but it's still neat.

Of course, but if Beadman wants a reliable handiman to act on the Cresce/Alderode affair who can not be connected back to him, is he seriously going to invite him into the kings palace to bump into Rilursa? Even putting the idea into Rilursas minds that thugs openly hang around Beadman in the palace is folly if he wants to be discrete in the matter.

Rilursa prob doesn't need that idea put into her mind.

If a product has a label, it’s basically guaranteed to be a Better

I thought the prevailing idea is Murk is Ssael

This. Dude's weatherbeaten as hell and his hair's receding.

I though Cope explicitly said "He's not Ssael."

He definitely has holy Ssaelit scars, though.

Around blacks, never relax.

The problem from the Crescian army wouldn't be taking stuff in Sharteshane, at least early on before their army could return from the other border, it'd be holding onto it.

Every single city they take would turn into an absolute nightmare for the garrisons between supplies disappearing and any stray soldiers being knifed and all of their stuff being stolen.

The first time we saw it was when Jivi was killing rat's with one of their products.

What’s the probability of anything Ashley says being a ruse to fuel her fetish for evil

I don't know if he was ever actually a person. I wonder if it's more a Timofey situation but it's all the bad, smoke eel kind of stuff.

He could be in Ssael's body all the same. I don't think that is necessarily off the mark, although I'm not sure of it either. He doesn't rot like Duane IIRC but we don't know if plods still rot if they eat flesh. And whatever happened to Duane, it seemed important that he was a gold and a tacit caster. Which Ssael also was, I believe.

A bunch of Sharteshane's Gefendur order cities would be timebombs for Sharteshane, not Cresce. And you really think Cresce wouldn't just start burning places down?

If push comes to shove, I can't see Sharteshane allying with Cresce.

Say what you want about Alderode, the Sharteshanians believe in money.

Is the frummagem familly so powerful to be entrusted in such a mission? I kinda expected them to be "typical" low tier mafia stuff, but I'm starting to doubt it.
which leads me to a question, if they are that good at their job, shouldn't they be rolling in cash? Sette seems to depict a rather modest life style. where's the money they make?

What's with all the Jews?

So how does Sette and her faithful plod lackey tie into this mess?

Well, it’s not like they stole it. Unless they they actually did and the phrase is a Sharteshane euphemism.

They're in control of the city of New Tawhoque so they're a solid gang. Under the Beadmans and probably some other capital gangs but not much else, I'd guess.

>I bet its actually a race to see which user can create the thread first.
With the losing user posting WWATN

By Sharteshanian standards, openly displaying your wealth is seen as a big flag that says "hey come steal from me." Living modestly but comfortably is the highest living, like how the king has an apartment, not a castle.

Also they probably don't treat their kids that well. Filthy Shartes.

I think it's a split between the sororal Gefendur faithful, who'd support Cresce, and the rulers, who'd follow the money.

That said, how much does Beadman actually know about Nary? He obviously didn't give him prior orders before.

It's strange that it's a whole culture where stealing is so deeply normalized.

In the olden days of America and present-day Tanzania, you steal, you get beaten to death by a mob. I'm assuming it's similar in Sharteshane, but I've never seen a culture quite like it in our world.

>but I've never seen a culture quite like it in our world.
Gypsies. They have the notion that "if I can get it I deserve to own it" which is how they became infamous for stealing

>In the olden days of America

In most of the country you can still kill someone attempting to rob you. Hell, in Texas, you can shoot a thief in the back as he's fleeing the scene.

The war-dog on the Cresce banner sure is fluffy.
He's not Ssael, but he's got those markings on his face that look like the painted ones Duane wears when preaching in the flashback to Alderode. It'd be ridiculous if he has nothing to do with Ssaelism. It might be as simple as carving his own face to be like a ssaelit so he can pretend to be a priest to trick people into trusting him.

Nary is exactly my type, but Ashley probably won't draw "special" pages of him because she prefers guys like Bastion. I should really learn to draw.

Naw, I think Nary is handsome enough. His personality is the difficult bit. He's a very cold fish. I can't even imagine his O-face.

His body might be.
Maybe he's Ssael's body but has the soul of a senet beast inside? or pehaps even one of the twins?
Meanwhile Ssael's actual soul is in Sette

He keeps a completely blank face throughout the whole thing.

So if it wasn't the threat of zealots fucking shit up would the Sharts be in charge of the world

Your tweet about drawing videogame dicks forever after Unsounded made my day Ashley. Hurry up with your magnum opus pls.

They do it specifically for that reason

Dress them up all nice and they’ll just get mugged or kidnapped for ransom

Crack theory: Murkoph is Riv post-Ssael

Are we still on that theory?

Yeah. The Queen's sister isn't going to be meeting with anyone. Except an undertaker.

I feel like she can probably handle herself.

What's the probability of Queen Sonorie being the one who plays General Bells like a puppet? I mean, she has the Black Tongue in her pocket, the Black Tongue have an Epheby on board and Bell has brainsnake bite marks on his neck.

Low. Cope doesn't seem the type to lie about plot details, just to not answer.

The Black Tongues, we've seen, are a joke. Dickless tinkerers who can't even impress the idle rich who want to do little but get drunk and laid and show off.

Ruck is the scary party, but who's to say he's not playing both sides?

Rahm, Bastion and Deliceu all seem legit.

All three of them are nuthin personnel loners who want nothing to do with the order. Two of the three seem to have no love for the queen and certainly aren't working for her, and the third hates literally all humans.

They aren't with the order because tittybird stopped talking to the order. That's why the BTs have gone to shit.

As I figure it in all out war Cresce is actually stronger in the field (dem constructs) but Alderode is pretty much uninvadable. The Aldish might have the edge in pymary too because of their castes, but not fielding women wrights means they have fewer to call on.

I get a bit of Dickens' England in there too. What with all the child pickpockets.

Nary has a sexy walk.

>spoiler

Alds don't use female wrights but they have no problem with child wrights, particularly of the uber powered silver and plat variety. I'm looking forward to chapter 14 which Cope says is a self-contained flashback war story. I think it will answer a lot of the questions about the nations' capabilities. Also seeing soldier Duane is gonna be sick as fuck.

Delicious Lizard isn't a real black-tongue anymore. He's a one man Manhattan Project right now, and will be a one man Armageddon if he gets his way.

lol soldier Duane looks like such a dweeb though. I'm so glad, he should.

Theirs seem to be of higher quality, though. There's no one we've seen short of Delicious Lizard who can hold a candle to Duane.

Duane is not ordinary. Regular Aldish wrights are not Duane.

Regular Aldish wrights we've seen are still better than any Crescian save maybe Nutjob McSplinterhands.

>Sette presenting her hindquarters

and Da said she couldnt work a whorehouse

Which "regular" Aldish wrights have we seen? All I can think of is Duane. Aldish writes aren't better just because you have a hate boner for communists.

Quigley, other than his caste, is utterly regular. Bastion is actually pretty meh at regular spellery too, according to Cope.

And Rahm and Elka kick ass. So I have no idea what that other chump is talking about.

Rahm is one of only three Black Tongues of any skill worth mentioning, there's nothing average about him.

Elka is strictly middle of the road, and I don't think we ever see her use spellery on anyone who fights back. She is aggressive and obviously competent, but that's about it.

I get the sense Quigs is a bit better than regular. He was basically a bounty hunter.