Gem Shows

Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld >>>>>>> trash >>>>>> Land of the Lustrous >>>>>> shit >>>>>> Steven Universe

Tune in to the superior gem cartoon fags.
youtu.be/pkd5mYvKWig

Other urls found in this thread:

canceledtoosoon.libsyn.com/ep-74-amethyst-princess-of-gem-world-2013
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Quit posting videos of TRON on Sup Forums, that belongs on Sup Forums

Where's the rape?

>Full series never
>Enjoy more crappy Steven Universe or Star vs crap

>Full series never?
That's actually sad

Jem > all "gem" shows

Well the pilot thing was made a while ago, so I imagine if there where any interest we'd have something by now. Real shame.

Land of the Lustrous was only okay.
I only watched it a few weeks ago when AotY discussions were being held in earnest.

Apparently this used to be a DC comic.

fuck DC for not investing in this series or making more Amethyst comics

> Another gem show

i'm on S2 now and can someone tell me why i'm suppose to hate SU? cus it's uhh actually been sorta good??

>i'm on S2 now
In time you too will come to understand.

people realized they can't do anything against TTG so they latched on to something more plausible to get off the air.

It's flaws become more noticable as time go on. I don't think Steven Universe is bad per say, as many of people's problems are due to the massive hiatuses, but it is extremely flawed.

Despite the fact it's one of the better cartoon shows still showing right now, it's become an icon for SJW trash so we have to hate it.

Was it any good? Cuz I got a niece and she'd be all over some princess comic shit

You probably havent gotten to the part where they randomly resolve Malachite and the cluster, completely out of the blue, in two rushed back to back episodes as the opening of season three. Season two is good minus Peridot becoming a retarded midget and the writing for the Sardonyx arc, but season three is when things start getting shitty. Season four is even worse.

The original miniseries, the ongoing got awful really fast.

Season one is actually good. It gets progressively worse from there.

>actual strong female protagonist
>doesn't cry like a little bitch
>actually is a girl instead of pseudo "rock people but looks like a girl because our lesbian "fusion" aka fucking won't get pass the censors
>being a girl doesn't prevent her from actually being competent
>not a bitch
>no dumb autistic songs in place of character development
>not politicized at all
>fun lighthearted story with no obsession over MUH LORE as replacement for competent writing
>consistent animation
No wonder it was never picked up. She was from a bygone era.

Jewelpets?

Why would i support a show thats never being made?

It could have been great.

>Sardonyx arc
i'm passed this part and i actually quite liked it
i like how it didn't resolve right away, it was like a little mini garnet & pearl arc
more shows need stuff like that i think

The first volume or miniseries was really good. I would recomend it. Not so much the second volume,
when it became an ongoing it started strong but went to shit halfway throught the storyline.

I would blame it on Crissis on Infinite earth that saw the need to conect Amethyst with the rest of DC lore and added a bunch of retcons to the decriment of the story.

My recomendation, find the first volume and ignore the rest. Even if the first half of the second volume was really good the ending ruins it and the whole series by extention.

More production art because I donĀ“t want to be the only one that suffers.

>Harpy Gee animated
>never ever forever

bump

Who's the other girl?

>I'm on S2
S1 was pretty enjoyable beause it had a monster of the week format for a good chunk of it and then introduced a couple of plot heavy elements that synergized well with everything else. Even townie shit was actually enjoyable because it blended nicely with the other aspects of the show.
Later on, the show started focusing less on nameless monsters and more on the actual characters, which started as something pretty good but eventually dragged on beyond any necessity and started injecting conflict for the sake of it into the show for the purpose of bad "character development".

From this point on it gets even worse. Unnecesary character issues that should have been resolved episodes ago keep resurfacing even though they have been adressed before, "Character Development" actually regresses at times even though you get entire episodes focusing on them including Steven. As an added bonus of these two points, some character will invariably cry every episode, this is not a joke; EVERY episode involves tears in a way.
Lastly the plot becomes weak and it is obvious that whoever writes this thing just makes it up as they go along except for the biggest, most important plot points, which turns what could have been a good story into a mediocre mess.
The enemies the series chose to focus on are incompetent at a level only saturday morning villains compare to and there is never any preceived risk to the heroes.

TL;DR it slowly goes to shit

Lady Turquoise, she's Amethyst's biggest fan and the most bloodthirsty of her friends.

Amy should've gotten an ongoing cartoon after those shorts.

Here's a podcast with Brianne Drouhard talking about the shorts:

canceledtoosoon.libsyn.com/ep-74-amethyst-princess-of-gem-world-2013

She also wanted to do some Bumblebee ones as well, but they weren't picked up.

Don't forget Your Favorite New Show.

At least DC is doing a new line for young readers, they could bring Droughard back to make a Amethyst comic in that style right...right?

He gives me a real Goury vibe.

Is this SAO?

>Full series never
>Enjoy more crappy Steven Universe or Star vs crap

you bet your ASS I'm mad

I was complaining about TTGo, but okay.

Topaz should have stayed a skeleton

I slightly depressed fall-apart skeleton as a sidekick is a great hook

Its bait to get (you)s

Skeleton is fun but they could have taking the dashing well meaning buffoon places too.

Amethyst Princess of Gemworld was bizarre; it felt like an afterthought tie-in for a toy or something that didn't exist.

It was by Brianne Drouhard though right? It had pretty good production values like her style a lot; I just wish she'd used that potential for something less inoffensive.

It was part of the DC Nation so they probably just looked up some rando IP they hadn't used in forever to put something on TV that girls might dig

They actually contacted creators and had them research DC characters and come up with pitches. Drouhard came up with Amethyst and Bumblebee.

I also remember the creator of the Black Lightning shorts originally pitched a blaxploitation take on Jefferson before they turned it down, and then created a new pitch centered on him as a father of younger superheroes.

I just watched why isn't there a full series of this? Worse shit has been done lately and this would actually make a legit good show.

Plus it looks like it would sell tons of toys. I dunno, blame CN. This probably woulda taken off on the hub or something if you paired it with that other show. You know the one. G.I Renegades

I'll be honest. The one and only reason I hate Your New Favorite Show is because it blotted out the chance of this and many other pilots.

Brianne post tits

Because they need room for all the boring SOL shitshows with ugly artstyles that SU got trending

context?

They were the only crew member on TTG that had a worked on the OG Teen Titans

>LotL That Low

No taste