Hal N Pals Storytime #38

How's your week been Sup Forums? Also Happy Valentines!

Oh shit they brought back the Tomar-Re Krypton story

Hope you guys enjoyed, if you like it remember to buy the issue.

Detective Comics

Thaaaanks OP

My week's been bretty gud actually. I had hot dogs for breakfast today and I nearly completely forgot it was Valentine's Day honestly. Happy Valentine's, Lantern user!

Well, it's been a while since he had a new costume

Where is Zod's Power Ring? He can't be a GL antag without one!

R.I.P?

Liking this Zod arc a lot, thanks Lantern user for sharing it. Also what's going on with Eradicator? I must've missed it in the past, but why's he with the bad guys now?

He and Zod teamed up with Mogul and Henshaw in AComics a few months back. Eradicator just wants to preserve Kryptonian DNA and Zod is pure so hes like their butler now

Is Sora still evil? Is that still a thing?

Ah righto. I figured that it be about the "preservation of Krypton" considering that's his deal. I liked him this issue, that little "Fascinating" before he shut down got a giggle out of me.

I hope this will not stick

It hasn't been mentioned in a while, but Sinestro is popping up in No Justice so I guess they'll have to do something about it soon.

metal

I like the new uniform. Gauntlets look cool

Its the same costume, except for the torso

Just realized why Hal didn't just give the ring to Kyle then construct himself a rocket as well to get out.
What's No Justice? Elseworld with a different founding 7?

In the aftermath of Metal Brainiac turns up to recruit a bunch of different people for his own JL that has to fight off some kind of cosmic threat. It's going to be canon as far as we know, but there will probably be more news next week.

Normal Braniac, yeah? Not that Bleed Braniac from Convergence? So that's where the photo of Flash's JL with Harley came from, I thought it was bad fanfic.

>Hal acually making use of his speshul ring
About time

Probably, yeah. Manapul has posted some art previews to his Instagram and the design they are using is the regular Superman: Brainiac design. I'm not 100% sure though, in particular because he hasn't really been in anything at all since Talos ended.

And yepp, that's where the weird teams are from.

well this was fucking awesome

wait what the fuck?

Thanks, OP.

The crystal can pierce through constructs, probably why Hal opted to stay behind so he can investigate. Corps will probably act like retards towards it tho, shit like this makes you wonder how the corps wasn't wiped out when Yellow would nullify their constructs. Vendetti should read some Silver Age shit, Hal gets around the yellow weakness pretty well and not have him throw his ring on the floor to punch the construct invulnerable things.

>Hal for a day
Time to become a retard!

>Next Issue: Guy bashes Zod head in a car door construct.

Nice work Zod. You fucked up the prime directive.

I know it isn't the right franchise, don't worry

how long will EVS keep getting DC books?

HAHA. Good one.

I really like all of Kyle's uniforms.

Not long.

KRYPTONIANS ALREADY KNOW OF YELLOW SUN! THE FUCKKEN MILITARY HAD SOLAR GRENADES FOR POWER BOOSTS!

Isnt Kyle's ring also special?

it split off from his white ring but it doesn't seem to have any special qualities

>Hal for a day
Oh boy

>THE FUCKKEN MILITARY HAD SOLAR GRENADES FOR POWER BOOSTS!
Proofs?

So 50+ years of
>It is impossible for anyone else to remove a ring from a Lantern
goes away the second a writer has a kryptonian or Batman around, as usual

His just has 2 charges instead of 1

Maybe his girlfriends will just start walking out on him instead of dying now

bumop

Green lanterns vs zod next?

yes

Time out wut?!

Krypton told the lanterns to GTFO.

I still think his classic's the best, though I do like his post-SCW costume. I have never seen the Yellow Parallax costume

Where'd Kyle get those bandages? It seems kind of out of character for any of the Zods to patch him up

Anyway, I'm glad I could spend part of this Valentine's Day reading about my favorite Lantern couple Hal and Kyle

Zod mentions that he patched them up later on because he needs them alive

>Not liking GuyKyle

Cry more

Zod's telling a revisionist version of history. Because he's Zod.

>Thinking Kyle deserves Guy

>Not thinking Guy is good enough to aid the unfortunate and needy

Sinestro and Kyle fighting over Hal when

Honestly Superman and Green Lantern villains should've always had a lot of overlap. I mean why would Zod only obsess over Earth?

Ego,near a yellow sun and they can fugg humans

Eradictor's still around?

I'd say threesome when but I think that's the end of Sinestro Corps War

he's been around for a while

>they can fugg humans
Zod's married, and even if he wasn't he seems like he'd be into the whole "racial purity" thing. I'm surprised he's only knocked up Ursa once.

so if that analyzing reaches 100% that means we'll have Zod lantern corps too right?

So if these dudes are natives Zod's turned into his cult, why didn't he teach them Kryptonian? Was it easier for him to learn an undiscovered language? Does he preach to them in Kryptonian and hope they get the gist of it?

He probably just screams Kneel at them.
His race is fucked though. Lor is the last pure Kryptonian. Any future Kryptonians will be hybrids like Jon. And humans look the exact same anyway.

>Ape Lantern

The solicits knew about the 53rd Universe the whole time.

Why would you teach lesser beings your culture?

No one is good enough for Guy

Except me

Eradicator can hack rings? I thought Oan tech was better than anyone else's.

yeah, it's pretty stupid that Oan tech isn't more advanced and unhackable with them being billions of years older.

Yeaaaaah, GL rings got nerfed. I remember reading in a comic that Batman reverse engineered the universal translator function of the ring

Whatever happened between the Green and Yellow Lanterns?

One of the GLs (Tomar-re) killed a rouge YL and covered it up. Also, Kyle and Soranik's evil son from the future came back in time and Kyle covered that up. Both of those things were revealed at the same time, Soranik got pissed about them, declared herself the new Sinestro, and took her corps somewhere else. A few YLs stayed with the Green Lantern Corps and were made GLs

Ahhhh.... So that explains it.

Shame, really.

It's also been hinted that Soranik may be under Parallax's influence.

>Kyle is main GL
>Wally is main Flash
>Batfamily is Tim, Cass, and Steph
Today is a good day for 90sfags

Kyle's 90s run is really underrated which is a shame since it's super comfy. He really needs another Earth run

>before the king
I love that I had to do 2 retakes to notice that my brain automatically added kneel

its the only time Green Lantern stories have been interesting

Tynion, Venditti and Williamson are shitty writers though

The oath never fails to make me diamonds.
It's like Venditti looked at the hate for the old run, went back, read a lot, and figured out what made lanterns great and implemented it. Like with Zod the kneel might be entry level but continues use over what 50 years has made it powerful, repetition and recognition are not to be underestimated.

>because he needs them alive
How convenient

Zod is a drama bitch, that's why he needs them alive.

>And humans look the exact same anyway.
Racist fucker. Kryptonian shitord