If every possible universe exists how come there's no universe where Owlman succeeded in destroying Earth Prime and...

If every possible universe exists how come there's no universe where Owlman succeeded in destroying Earth Prime and erase all future timelines?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/52_(comics)
youtube.com/watch?v=LUYYq_mwjxY
rule34.paheal.net/post/list/Job_Applicant/1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because it doesn't exist

>If every possible universe exists
Because that is wrong.

Yeah I never understood this when I first watched the movie, shouldn't there be infinite Batmen and Owlmen there if the multiverse is infinite?

The real answer is that the DC multiverse only has 52 universes.

There is an infinite amount of numbers between 1 and 2 but those numbers will always be larger than 1 and smaller than 2.

Infinite possibilities does not mean all possibilities.

One could argue that that reality was destroyed before it had the chance to happen

Because he destroyed it. Their 52 is dead.

Is that why it's called "New 52"?

Those are fractions though and not numbers

Because just by going to the prime Earth, he's made it no longer the prime Earth. From the moment he arrived, it branched off into a new timeline.

It was literally impossible for him to succeed.

Yes. The Big Blue Dick of Power changed the DC multiverse and blamed it on Barry Allen.

because batman beat owlman on earth prime
any earth where the alternative happened would not be prime

>infinite possibilities doesn't mean all possibilities

Did this fucker seriously just use a brainlet Wojak on Sup Forums?

ON FUCKING Sup Forums? ON MY FUCKING TURF?

A fraction is still a number ya dip

This, because that universe/timeline ceased to exist when Owlman succeeds.

I was hoping the climax would have dozens of Owlmen and Batmen fighting each other. Guess that would cost too much.

Who decided there are 52 DC universes? It seems like a stupidly arbitrary number.

Did someone in editorial accidently delete the master excel sheet and they just said "fuck it, we don't want to deal with the infinite multiverse thing anymore."

It hasn't happened, and just because it can, it doesn't mean it will. There's countless ways for Owlman to fail, but only one for him to succeed

The universe Owlman traveled to ceased to be the true home of Earth-Prime the second he crossed over, because in that moment he spawned a whole new segment of the multiverse where every decision he made from that point on was spontaneously inverted or done slightly differently. That's why there weren't an infinite number of Owlmen and Batmen crossing over at exact the same time, like suggested. Though of course, there's almost certainly an infinite number of universe where that did happen because they crossed over at approximately the same time, and accidentally bumped into each other on the exact same Earth and timeline. We just saw one version where they didn't.

Owlman had this epiphany himself in his final moments. No matter the outcome of his plan, it truly did not matter.

Evil psychopath Wonder Woman is the best grill.

I like your thinking.

Or alternatively, the concept of there being an earth prime that is somehow the "faultline" of all realities or whatever is an impossibility. The potential for realities to constantly branch off infinite realities with every action across time will most likely "out compete" the non-existent, dead realities, which by their nature don't continually produce un-realities.

On DC "Earth Prime" is our world, breaking the 4th wall. Every multiverse is a comic book multiverse.

I thought Superwoman was Lois Lane?

52 weeks in a year, 52 comics per year.

Isn't there an earth X or something where the Nazis's won?

Hm you sure have a lot of interest in Nazi victory, I wonder where your favorite board is.

Show me an american series that puts out a comic a week.

I got the 52 weeks of the year symbolism thing. But honestly I meant what is the in-continuity justification for 52 universes?

Wait, so each comic is set in a different universe?

lot of characters share that name. This is the Crime Syndicate Superwoman, evil Wonder Woman who enjoys money, sex and violence. And violent sex.

It was specifically revealed in this series which did indeed come out every week for a year.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/52_(comics)

But the specific reason for limited universes were to prevent multiverse bloat, which the editors considered a problem.

That's the inherent problem with the concept of an infinite multiverse, at least from a narrative standpoint.

Compelling narratives require consequence.

Consequence require choice.

Choice cannot exist if the answer to "A or B" is always "both".

The answer to "A or B" is always "both" in an infinite multiverse.

What distinguishes her from the regular wonder woman?

Yeah, it said they created 52 universes or something, but they never said why 52? It seemed arbitrary in context. Maybe I missed something.

Which is why its the best idea to not have too many cross-universe stories to begin with. People still care about what happens in a Batman Beyond universe even if theres multiple universes where Batman Beyond never happened. Only exception is "good guys from good universe enter an evil universe and try to fix it/escape it"-formula because you have the concept of a fucked up world threatening to fuck up the good world so the stakes are still high.

Because there are 52 weeks in a year.

Exactly, in fact you can probably assume that the probability of events correlates directly to the proportion of created universes containing those events.

And seeing as, for a compelling narrative, the heroes have to overcome short odds most of the time this means the victory is pyrrhic on a massive scale. If the heroes overcome 10/1 odds twice and 3/1 odds once to attain their victory then they have left 300 times the failure in the multiverse, they may have saved the world you watched but they failed in 99.7 parallel universes containing the event which are now filled with suffering. The infinite parallel dimensions shtick is just retarded.

Looking for the in continuity reason. Already aware of the cute editorial 52 weeks in a year reason.

>Only exception is "good guys from good universe enter an evil universe and try to fix it/escape it"-formula because you have the concept of a fucked up world threatening to fuck up the good world so the stakes are still high.

See, that's not true. Even if the bad guys succeed in ruining the good world, there would still be another good world exactly like it that didn't get ruined, so there are no stakes at all. Even if the good guys succeed in fixing the bad world, there will still be another bad world exactly like it that didn't get fixed, so it was all for nothing.

It's better to just have a finite multiverse, which avoids the whole problem entirely.

Naw. This is fiction, so nothing matters anyway, but infinite multiverse = infinite story possibilities, which is always better, especially if your shit is deliberately episodic and ongoing forever like Marvel and DC

Not only that, if each choice creates a universe a universe simply exists where they chose not or could not travel to a different universe. So even the act of travelling to another universe to save the first one leaves a replicate destroyed.

Doesn't make sense when the stories rely on overcoming adversity when the premise flattens it out with a modicum of thought though.

Cosmology is always arbitrary, user. There is no reason why there are eight planets in our solar system, for example.

Fifty-two is as good an arbitrary number as any other.

Actually the commentary revealed that this version of Superwoman was actually Mary Marvel.

Poor writing

Because there's one where Owlman stops the other one

Okay, so DC has 52 universes, but what about Marvel? How many do they have?

Also, if DC and Marvel cross over, how does the multiverse stuff factor in?

>Okay, so DC has 52 universes
This changes all the time.
>How many do they have?
Infinite, I believe. Main Earth in Marvel is 616.

I just think it's weird people keep going on about 52 earths when there's 53, but people don't seem to count it for some reason.

It's only possible to destroy half of all universes, because in the other half the heroes will find a way to prevent destruction.

Because there aren't 53 weeks in a year.

That doesn't change the fact there are 53 universes not 52.

How can there be 53 universes when there are 52 weeks in a year? QED.

there are some multiversal constants, which means every owlman fails to destroy earth prime for any number of reasons, but the main one is that the presence just doesnt want his creation to be destroyed

"The Presence"? Do you mean God?

how can there be 52 universes when there are 12 months in a year?

yeah or whatever he is called in the dc multiverse version of infinite timeline. either way there are infinite possibilities as long as god allows it, so in reality there's a destiny and set path for each universe made by god, so there is no free will, only fate. i'm pretty sure that was the whole plot of lucifer

52.17 or so when accounting for leap years also, which means we're down 17/100 universe in this scenario, I really think this 53rd universe idea has some merit my dude, you can't just ignore that much universe it doesn't logically make sense.

Are you referencing something or are you a genuine Nazi?

Yeah

>tfw we're stuck on Earth Prime, the most boring of all Earths

I think regardless of weather or not your a Nazi, an entire universe of them is not something that should be ignored. I mean, would YOU want Nazi's to be left to their own devices for any protracted period of time?

It's not like they'd be able to get into our universe. They couldn't even win an easy war.

At least we get to die eventually.

Heh, it's funny because comic book characters are always coming back from the dead.

Wait, what if we're comic book characters?

Perhaps in some alternate universe.

Earth-10 isn't actually home to Nazis though. It's home to the Nazis' grandchildren, who are considerably more mellow, as tends to happen to all societies over time.

Culturally, there's really not much difference between Earth-10 and Earth-0. The biggest difference is that their Superman has a nasty case of PTSD and the regular one doesn't.

>asks why a SPECIFIC universe wasnt destroyed
>claims it goes against multi-universe theory
I know this must be hard to understand, but Earth Prime was the original earth from which all other realities in which earth exists at all descend. Getting rid of it gets rid of them all.
therefore only the one owlman who had the idea made the attempt. If it were genuinely infinite, then there would have been hundreds of Owlman's helping the one when they crossed over to that universe.

and Owlman was dumbing down the theory. it was never infinite possibilities if there is only ONE 'Earth Prime'.
besides it doesnt matter

user, it's because he's lying.
He's the opposite of Batman in terms of morality. Batman doesn't want to give up and believes in constantly fighting "the good fight". Owlman is a retard who wants to blow up things. He saw a world with nothing in it and was fascinated by it and wanted to recreate it. That was his entire goal in the movie, it's why he betrayed them for it

This

Omnicide is not wrong. It literally ends all suffering in the universe.

Shut up Moridin

He'sss right you know!

Th whole scenario is stupid, since if this would truely be the prime universe where all others originated from, there would be an invinend amout of people all going there at all times with all kind of goals.
Not to mention that destroying the prime earth to destory all life would not be enough since prime everything else in the universe still exists.

Autism speaks.

DC has an infinite alt timeline multiverse in the form of hypertime and a 52 multiverse of vibrational overlaps. There’s also the dark multiverse and the multiverse 2 that Empty Hand destroyed.
The anti matter universe is also a seperate multiverse.

Marvel just has an infinite alt timeline multiverse that started with what if.

I understand how that sounds right, but you're wrong. Infinite possibilities DOES NOT mean all possibilities.

Lets assign every possibility to a natural number (1,2,3, etc). As the natural numbers are infinite, this adequately represents infinite possibilities.

We can assign a universe to be a manifestation of a possibility. I believe you are saying that Universe A corresponds to Possibility 1, Universe B to Possibility 2, and so on.

But you can still have infinite universes if you eschew that simple equivalence. Universes could correspond to prime possibilities, square possibilities, even possibilities and more.

This is still infinite even though it does not contain all possibilities.

lol that ship on the screen looks like a flacid penis lmfao

That's why it doesn't matter.

Because no matter how good an owlman might be, there will always be a bat man just a little bit better to stop him

Why do only stupid people post this?

earth X is earth 10, it starts at earth 0 and ends with earth 51 for a total of 52 earths

theres only 52, 0-51

Your mother is still a number.

>user can't understand basic logic
Go back to watching R&M, brainlet

>money, sex and violence. And violent sex.

And in the comics she has this bizarre drive to find a man that could produce with her powerful offspring. Seriously...

That's because McDuffie is a hack.

Because NOT every possible universe exists. The DC-multiverse is not a quantum multiverse.

There are 52 universes in the 'local' multiverse

>Infinite possibilities DOES NOT mean all possibilities.
it means exactly that you dumb shit

>there are no stakes at all
I mean, if you're looking at it from the outside. There's plenty of stakes if Darkseid decides he's BTFOing your world and you have no way to leave.

It used to be bigger back in the day, but the antimonitor destroyed most of it in Crisis of infnite earths, while some earths got to comeback, they decided for a finite number, after all if they want to go outside of that there is always Hypertime or that new Dark Multiverse they created.

Sooo, it's like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=LUYYq_mwjxY

I think someone involved with the film actually said this was the case. Owlman's work was futile from the beginning, which is sort of fitting.

Ever read the Night Watch?

Just because infinite possibilities exist, doesn't mean they occur. There is no universe where Sam Vimes, as he is now, kills his wife. It would go against his character, his nature, and who he stands for; it just doesn't make sense and thus doesn't happen.

Similarly, there is no universe where Owlman is in the right state of mind to win AND where he destroys the universe. It's impossible.

Human character breaks the infinite universe theory, at least how it is commonly presented.

Because that would require the destruction of reality.

Who's this QT3.14?

>Infinite implies there is endless possibilities.
>All implies there is finite possibilities.

Roxanne from the Ducktales 2017 cartoon.

Roxanne from the Ducktales 2017 cartoon.

Or, at least someone who looks like her.
rule34.paheal.net/post/list/Job_Applicant/1