This is the story of a boy

This is the story of a boy

Sideways #1

Aw yiss I've been waiting for this storytime.

>DC proudly presents a shitty version of a much more beloved marvel character

i hope speedster lady isn't too evil bc she's already my waifu

How'd he say his name all Logo-y like that?

It's comes from the diaphragm.

>you're someone else's problem now
what a shit teacher

Oh god that mom

And that's it for now.

Think I enjoyed Damage more.
What y'all think?

This writing is so fucking stilted.
Real bummer, cool character and design.
Love the art style.
Thanks for the storytime op

I liked it but I only wish there was more seeing how the previews gave us 2/3 of the comic already.

>rifting in cumshots

twins are for fug

MOMMY

>twins
wew

thicc

c'mon dave

Damn, didn't catch that.

My bad.

I think someone may have gotten mixed up

not that it matters this piece of shit's a piece of shit no matter how it's read

oh god they really did put "proudly presents"

that's 90% of teachers. I've heard those exact words from most of my teachers growing up (not always directed at me)

>Think I enjoyed Damage more.
LOL, this had much better art and writing and a more interesting character than damage.

Not bad. Based Rocafort is taking the heavy lifting on this story, but good enough to read until Morrison comes on

Ah yes another "ehhhhh writing fantastic art" book

I'm used to eeeeh writing coming from spider-books so I feel right at home here.

What a qt. I hope Sideways doesn't screw this up.

Surprisingly, Silencer is the strongest entry in Dark Matter so far followed by Damage since they both explain the stakes pretty clearly and hit the ground running. This was incredibly sluggish and he didn't even get to do much in this first issue which is a decadence a new comic IP CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT indulge in.

So Spider-Man meets the Spot...

Seriously. I know he's co-publisher, but has Didio ever written something that people remember for more than a week?

Agreed - I really enjoyed Silencer. This one has a power which has a nice visual, but it's so generic compared to other portal stories like Jumper or Blink.

I thought OMAC was real fun.
And he got Phantom Stranger up and running.

Womanchild > Stacy

No! We did that all ready!!!

The silencer was ok but Damage fucking sucked so I don't trust your judgement at all.

This was way better than damage. Damage was nothing but a fight sceme with no weight at all while this sets up characters and settings. I like this way better.

Loved this, gives me Ultimate Spider-Man Flashbacks to when it was still good. This was a nice first issue

yep, people praising damage must be Michael bay fans, because that book had no substance

Venom?

Derek is pretty handsome. Nohomo.

I want to kiss him soooo much yeshomo.

>Derek come fuck me and my hot twin sister
>No way man, I got teenage angst to deal with n stuff

High school hero stories were a mistake

Maybe they can go full 90s and give it a zero issue so it could actually explain who these characters are better.

She's SJW.

Fun, but do people remember it? Didio himself cancelled it really quickly when it didn't get sales.

That's basically almost all teachers. In fact, I'd say Derek has it lucky for the most part in that regard (besides his superpowers and their applications in cutting classes of course).

Enjoyed this hit-or-miss first issue? Then you may LOVE another first issue from one of the co-writers to DEATH:

I would have preferred Rocafort had an inker on this.

So far all of them are solid 3/5 for me. I like Derek as a character, Silencer's powerset, and so far Damage has a cliche plot that I happen to like

So how long till Batman will appear behind Sideways and punches him?

I like Derek already. He isn't a douchebag despite the constant ear bud use and that hat. I like the twins setup and I hope to see more of that dynamic. The MILF is a nice addition too. Very much looking forward to more Sideways stories. I hope they don't fumble the ball on this.

I liked this more then Damage. I got a headache reading Damage while this was just safe. Here is hero, here is some supporting cast, here is situation, here is bad guy.

But the artist deserves better.

the same way DOOM only speaks in capitals

Shit costume.

Rocafort can do no wrong

So RFFT is the new THWIP?

>Derek is qt
>Gf is qt
>Bitch twin is qt
Harem ending when?

Spectacle is ok in comics. The physical copy really does the art justice, it does feel like a big blockbuster in comic form and one eyed woman major is a pretty damn intriguing character and I'm looking forward to the next fight.

So the one in the bottom left is probably Venom but who are the rest?

>SJW villain is cute
>adoptive mom is cute
>flashy faggy villain is hot
And we haven't gotten to the cult QTs and the inevitable sexy CEO of Derek's mom's job.

Harry Osborne and the Watcher

I can see why Derek is a mommy's boy.

So "RFFT" is his version of "THWIP"?

Bottom right is probably a Black Cat analogue.

"No way Fag"

Jesus Christ Rocafort. That is some dedication in background drawing.

It's not great but it has potential. I'll definitely keep reading this, if only for Rocafort's art.

I like to imagine it sounding like fabric tearing.

>interracial
Dropped

I want this to do well, there's a lot they can do with this. I like teleporters, and so far the supporting characters are alright. If anything, this book doing well might be the kick in the pants Marvel needs in order to unfuck their Spider-Man books.

Any ideas on Sinister Six knockoffs?

>gives origin and some background
>immediately establishes personalities for four characters
>defines how two characters interact with the setting
>sets up a conflict for next issue
I don't know what you're complaining about.

Two page spread of NYC was nice but how do we rank this compared to the other DC #1's released lately? I haven't checked out Damage yet but it seems boring. I think just this and Sideways are the only things released, yes? Seems like DC are saving The Terrifics for last in case everything is underwhelming.

So, this is the first book that has any connection to Metal.

I keep seeing that pink finger and think it's her tongue long snake tongues are my fetish

>the preview we already saw was the end of the book

>attitud

What is this?

Silencer was also released, and still remains the best book thus far. Sideways remains in the middle, with Damage being the worst

Your disgust amuses me.

I like this series and I'd be interested in reading more. Thanks OP.

I was just thinking that..It's really amazing

Wednesday comics