Mister Miracle #1: Director's Cut Storytime

Now featuring an all-new eight-page origin by Tom King and Mike Norton!

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/interview-tom-king-tackles-new-gods-mythology-in-mister-miracle/2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

But that's not what happened. Orion was like 10 years old

I've never seen a single issue embody what I love and hate about a single writer more than this director's cut. The origin was great. The issue itself is self-indulgent horseshit. Why can't we have more of the Green Lantern Darkseid War Oneshot Tom King and less of the PTSD Tom King in the series proper?

If you're just starting this run, you're correct in assuming things aren't exactly lining up.

Thanks for reading.
Tune in next month for issue seven: "The Apokolips Trap"!

Support the official release.

Wow, he fucked up the Pact.

more

Darkseid is

m o r e

M O R E

M O R E

M O R E

M O R E M O R E M O R E M O R E M O R E

M O R E. M O R E M O R E M O R E M O R E

This is some self-indulgent shit.

>The origin was great
Fuck no.

Hmmm.

I'm not sure what to make of King doing all this propaganda fake voice. I get where it's coming from, but it's not working as well as his more habitual incredibly low-affect, fatalistic narration.

>King
I AM SAD

Fuck yes*

Like invisibles desu

Not only is DC pushing for the Directors Cut for their underperforming movies in an attempt to break even with their profits, now they are doing the same with their comics. Sad.

He just summarized what had already been written in ironic wanna be silver age dialogue and changed a few things around to fit his narrative like Orion having the bestests of life on """"""""" Paradise"""""""""
>hurr le son of god
Fuck off.

> Complains that a summary is a summary
come on user,Equally Orion's life in new genesis was based more on training and his children were never explored

This is such a load of shit

>> Complains that a summary is a summary
written in ironic wanna be silver age dialogue and changed a few things around to fit his narrative like Orion having the bestests of life on """"""""" Paradise"""""""""
You could enlighten me on what was so good about it though. Because it's a superfluous piece of shit. He poorly researched something and then summarized it. That's bad.

>>hurr le son of god
I for one HATE that King is pushing the "Son of God/Son of Devil" thing considering Kirby was Jewish and put a lot of himself and his own faith into these characters, so making them revolve around Christianity is ehhh....

So I'm pretty sure the chains and braces make a crude drawing of Darkseid's face.

You're unbelievably retarded if you think any deviation from the source material was unintentional.

Actually it's pretty intentional, to fit King's own view of the origin.

He's stated this in interviews that he sees Orion as a pampered rich boy.

Wow way to fuck up what really happen just to make the viewer more symoathetic to Scott.

It wasn't all peaches and love with Orion, he was already 10 years old when he entered New Genesis.

>written in ironic wanna be silver age dialogue and changed a few things around to fit his narrative like Orion having the bestests of life on """"""""" Paradise"""""""""
literally you are not telling me anything about why it is bad in itself, that tries to emulate the narrative of age do not tell me because it is bad, basically the presentation is as if it were a story told on TV spot.

technically darkseid is an evil representation of a whole, can be both hitler, belsebu, communistShit etc, Orion as the son of Jesus is associated with his people reject him as the heir, as they did with Jesus, king mixes Christianity with original, we must clarify just as this is a reinvention / reboot, if even the pre-flashpoint line would all still be killed by the starlin shit

cbr.com/interview-tom-king-tackles-new-gods-mythology-in-mister-miracle/2/

>Orion is always written as this gruff, “Augh, I’m suffering!” kind of guy. He’s like the Wolverine of the New Gods, right? He’s like, “Oh, the world is so terrible, I’m the son of Darkseid, I’m destined to kill him, blah blah blah.” But, dude! He was raised in Heaven.

>He’s like the bully who’s actually just the rich kid who grew up in a mansion. He’s like, “Oh, you don’t understand me!” Dude, you grew up on the upper west side, what are you talking about?! Whereas Scott has been through the shit, you know? He knows what’s up. So this idea that Orion would come to him and be like, “You don’t know how to deal with pain!” Scott’s thinking in that moment, “Dude, you’ve never even experienced pain. You’ve experienced angst. You’ve experienced the theory of pain, but you don’t know what it’s like to have Granny Goodness as the only person you love.”

it's just an asshole desu
In the run of simmons he became his father almost and if it were not for Scott all would have been his eslaves

And you haven't given any reason for why it's good. King just summarizes past events but like an above user states, he changes it a bit to fit his retarded narrative and shit on Orion. His dialogue is not clever and we've already been over the fact that the plot is just a poor summary of past events so... what's good about it?

Not him but I like it better when both Scott and Orion were older when they got exchanged because Orion already lived in Apokolips and Scott had a taste of life in New Genesis so it makes it tragic.

Scott because he feels that his father betrayed him and he finds himself in this horrible place that he needs to overcome. Orion because he was used to being in Apokolips, his mother lived in Apokolips, and he was thrown to New Genesis against his will. Then he suddenly finds himself in a place where people would hate him if they knew who he was (and I think that eventuallu happens) and he has to learn to unlearn everything he knew in Apokolips and temper that rage and be worthy of being Highfather's son.

Well I guess only because of how he subjugated an entire universe but he didn't consciously do it amd unlike Darkseid he tried using it for good. But telling the world not to hurt others would lead to shit like soldiers blowing themselves up to prevent killing an enemy or a man driving a car off a cliff to not hurt an animal, Orion fucked up.

And once he realized what he did he tried to kill himself but failed and then ended up saving another person.

Orion saw himself as a failure but Scott admired that he pulled himself up and did tje correct thing in the end and then he just used Orion's noble self and honor to cheer him up.

Honestly Simonson did well writing Orion and Scott, they felt like brothers.

I think with King the only instance we see that Scott cares about Orion is when he sees him dead in the throne room. After all the talk about being ready to kill him and telling everyone Orion was not his brother he runs to him and cradles his body, and asks "What have you done?"

Can Barda take Orion? How tough is she? Like WW tough or just Catwoman tough?

She can because FEMINISM.
Orion should be the cosmic god of war so not only is he super strong but also a very good fighter. He's not that popular though so his power level 99% of the time is low as fuck.

Jesus, I thought this was more than just the first issue printed again. 4 printings for the origional one (maybe 5 if I missed one) and now a directors cut that just adds a summary and useless script pages....

Pushing Scott as a son of Darkseid is pretty weird, Darkseid didn't give much of a shit about him other than fucking with him for a bit and using him as a means to restart the Apokolips/New Genesis war.

Darkseid didn't even raise him, he threw him in the orphanage. Both Orion and Kalibak weren't even raised by Granny so it's not like everyone had to go through her.

I think what happens is that you think this is trying to be smarter. It's super obvious, the presentation as a 60s TV spot, counts events and ends. Literally like all the summaries of 52 Morrison.
You are over-thinking this to think that you want to be smart when your intentions are to be a summary of the tv-tv module with an intriguing ending.

I also liked how Simmons wrote them, but the way it does king is very obvious that Orion was infected by the equation of anti life and that's why he acts like that, so Scott is so surprised at how he acts.
he is not a bad guy but he has a lot to do evil things unconsciously. even in the kirby run

Yes but you see

Does this happen at all; Orion getting called out on his shit by Scott?
Also does anyone know when Scott and Highfather actually meet for the first time, i've been looking for ages....

>Also does anyone know when Scott and Highfather actually meet for the first time, i've been looking for ages.

It's not really important.

only in king's head.

Her can fight with Thor

Scott was a child and Orion was a pre-teen, but that doesn't work with kingverse of ORION SUCKS. Not to mention the people of New Genesis kind of hating him which is why he hid his face, but okay Tom. Go to therapy now.

>King just summarizes past events but like an above user states, he changes it a bit to fit his retarded narrative and shit on Orion

This. It feels like this was added later because they realized king had a weird view of orion and needed to justify it. And either they knew that going in and didn't want people REEing or they didn't realize it until people were bitching about it.

either way these "directors cuts" are fucking stupid. Nothing gets "cut" that'd be wasteful. This is literally just self-indulgent milking of his clearly rabid fans.

At least the art was nice.

The truth about his face was quite untouched, literally the run of bryne is known to spend his first years of life in training in new genesis and then went to the city, his discrimination never happened except in mentions of metron in the original

Actually as I understand it was launched because Gerads had a newborn child to attend

Orion hid it for years, it's never really stated whether it was due to actually having faced discrimination first hand. Rather his deep and crippling insecurities.

what does that have to do with what I said?

yup, for that reason, this summary nothing else showed to Orion playing with toys and its better friend, something that orion child is not far from doing, it is worth to clarify that this is a story of scott free, in the run of simmons of orion when scott appeared orion I was still the center of the whole conflict, Scott was just a tool in the plot as Orion is here.

>run of bryne
"byrne's run" you mean.

I just think he's doing a cariacature of Kirby's writing style

>run of simmon
"simmons' run" you mean.