Recommendation thread

Can you guys recommend me a must read series?

I would prefer series that have ended so i can binge read them from start to finish, but if it is ongoing then i am fine with that.

So far i have enjoyed Transmetropolitan, The Boys, Sandman, Y: The Last Man and Fables.

Invincible

This.

If you don't mind comics with a fairly heavy libertarian slant, "Escape From Terra" was a pretty good webcomic. The author just puts way too much stock in the "non aggression principle" at times.

If you like Y then I recommend Ex Machina. Recently re-released in big trades of 6.

Scalped
Rising Stars
Irredeemable
100 Bullets

America Chavez
Jane Thor
Champions
Riri Ironman
Blackface Peter Parker
One of however many wolverines and gender bended wolverines are running around

100 bullets
Animal Man
Incal
X-statix

Madman
Nexus
Badger
Starman
Hellboy
Jonah Hex
Mage (not finished yet but it's on it's last arc)

Irredee,able by Mark Waid and its sibling series Incorruptible are pretty great, it's a deconstruction like The Boys but focused more on deconstructing a Superman-expy.

Pic related is my autistic ass going through every single of the 68 covers and checking when they came out to read it in the exact right chronological order.

Locke and Key.

Judge dredd america

you should read 100bullets

Seconding Locke and Key

Cerebus

How the fuck has no one mentioned Preacher?

OP, if you enjoyed The Boys then Preacher is an absolute must read.

Prophet

A reading list guide

Don't read this. It's a huge downfall from the Vertigo ones OP mentioned.

If you like eye candy and heavy metal, I suggest Requiem: Vampire Knight. Every page is a hand-crafted love letter to old metal album covers in a world that screams blood and fire.

Scott Pilgrim but only because it's so popular.

If you liked Sandman you should definitely check out Lucifer, 75 issues.

Don't watch the show.