Why does somebody learn Batman's identity in every single Batman movie?

Why does somebody learn Batman's identity in every single Batman movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eSYeaY6DSsk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Adam West Movie.

Because it’s obvious that Clark Kent is batman

A common thread with Hollywood adaptations is that they think they know better. Another common thread is there are 200 too many hands in every pot.

So the literal faggot costume designers think they can design a better Superman costume than a 75 year old design. And a writer has to figure out why or why not someone's identity just wouldn't hold up to scrutiny. Or the casting department thinks a white person can play a black persons or vice versa. Every person that makes a decision makes a change. And every one of those changes is for the worse.

youtube.com/watch?v=eSYeaY6DSsk
>0:53
at least they admit it sometimes

Batman and Robin.

Barbara

LEGO joker never did
he just thought wayne was an idiot for never realizing batman lived under his house

Why does Spider-Man take off his mask in front of people in every single Spider-Man movie?

Because they need to show off the actor in the dramatic scenes.

>And a writer has to figure out why or why not someone's identity just wouldn't hold up to scrutiny.
In Batman's movies it was most often than not Batman himself to reveal his own identity.

It's fucking Batgirl. Doesn't count.

It’s not realistic for someone to be able to hide there identity in modern society. Especially not someone as prominent as batman

And the villain always find out who he is

they don't need to put him in the middle of the public

Unwatchable movie. I saw it as a kid and didn't really remember it. Tried to give it a shot for a laugh recently and I couldn't get past the opening fight.

I mean in the comics at this point there are probably a few dozen people who know who he is. You have the whole Bat-family of side kicks and spinoff heroes, most of the League, the Outsiders, several villains, and of course tons of secondary Gotham characters like (probably) Gordon, Lucius Fox and other people like that.

I also like to think that the Joker has known literally the whole time but just doesn't care because his conflict is with Batman as a symbol rather than Bruce as a man.

This
But also this.

Because he's actually an incredibly boring and shallow character, and they need something to do with him.

They could have made him a mix of Norman Bates and Batman. His parents are shot in an alley and his father dies but his mother survives. So he lives alone in the mansion with his overbearing crippled mother until he finally snaps and kills her and keeps her dead body in her room where no one knows or sees her. Blaming criminals for his situation and what he did to his mother he becomes Batman and fights crime. While he isn't Batman he impersonates his mother and crossdresses as her while running around the mansion while Alfred tries to ignore it or humor the obviously unhinged Bruce.

Writers are hacks.

I mean, they could. But should they? Would they?

They should.

Yeah, but LEGO Dick, LEGO Babs, LEGO phantom zone receptionist block and probably more that I'm not remembering all found out.

because normies think that would be a great source of conflict in the movies.

Because whenever your character has a secret that they absolutely must keep it becomes inevitable that if the story goes on long enough someone will find out.
This immediately introduces high stakes drama into the story.
In movies, where there is no pressure to keep tricks in the bag for five years down the road, there's really no reason not to use this.
So naturally it gets used a lot.

The comics haven't exactly treated it as a secret for a while now.
Nowadays any time a writer feels like shilling a villain particularly hard they'll just have them figure out Batman's secret identity via plot. And they can just have amnesia or have that knowledge retconned away if no one feels like doing anything with it.
The movies were just ahead of the curve in making sure it no longer had any significance whether a villain could figure out Bruce Wayne was Batman.

No one does in TDK, right?

>can clearly see that the man behind the microphone isn't saying what you're hearing
>sounds like his voice, better just assume he can do this with his penguin powers
Were the citizens of Gotham all retarded?
Was it because they had been drinking runoff from Max Shreks Power plant?

the first two have a good reason to, since they are in the bat family
Phyllis is semi-omniscient and so also has a good reason

>can clearly see that the man behind the microphone isn't saying what you're hearing
They can't see his mouth since Penguin barely reaches the microphones. And he clearly mouths words throughout the scene to try and explain himself.
>Were the citizens of Gotham all retarded?
Yes.

>Movie that is considered the best capeshit has to offer
>Is the only time no one finds out who the hero is
Wow it's almost like superheroes have secret identities or something.

There's that one employee of Wayne Enterprises that goes on tv, then the joker gets people to go after him.

Well in Batman Returns he literally has batsignals surrounding his house mounted on the outer wall to shine into his study whenever the cops flash the batsignal. So anybody who has ever driven past Wayne Manor should be able to figure it out.

Also, in the first movie, Alfred walks Vicki Vale into the Batcave. Seeing how Keaton Batman wasn't afraid of killing people and his trusted servant just let a fucking reporter in on his secret on purpose, it would've made sense for Batman to kill them both.

>I knew it was you because that expression
Jesus...

I remember when people thought that guy was the Riddler because his name was Mr. Reese, which sounds like "mysteries".

Fuck you.

This

>Mr. Reese, which sounds like "mysteries".

>Whoops. Looks like people found out my secret identity. Better kill myself.

>Hugo Strange
>Ra's al Ghul
>Bane
>Hush
>Riddler (until amnesia)
>Dr.Hurt
>Arkham Scarecrow
What other villains know of Batman's secret identity ?

>mild mannered Clark Kent
>a secret Superhero

That's ridiculous user.

I mean I know Nygma is Riddler but that's pretty subtly creative.

According to (iirc) "Death of the Family", Joker knows because Bruce visited him in Arkham and essentially said "I'm Batman" to his face. Joker just doesn't care who Bats is under the mask.