Why kickass a black woman now

why kickass a black woman now

Because Millar wanted to write some mor edgy shit with Romita and then paint all the pages red.

No idea why a black woman , and I really dont care.

I like the character but this is so un Kick-Ass. If she were like, someone who was int he Kick-Ass universe or dressed like him because she got the idea through hearing about him that would be cool but I don't even know if this is a reboot or sequel.
>Also the unnecessary Trump line

>more Kick-Ass

The only good thing to come out of this whole fucking dumb franchise was the first movie.

The second one was better imho.

Truth.

there was a second one?

Yeah.
It didn't do so well so the franchise was pretty much put on hold.

The new comic is clearly Millar's attempt to kickstart it again, at least for the movies.

>the fucking awful CGI
>Kick-Ass is now some swole badass
>barf/poop jokes
>Hit Girl turned into some awful blushing waifu girl for Kick-Ass
>fight choreography went to total shit
>Jim Carrey trying too hard to be Big Daddy 2.0
>no good needle-drop moments

Literally the only parts I liked were McLovin trying to be a supervillain and failing.

Everything about the Hit Girl subplot was shit, but Jim Carrey and Justice Forever was great.

The first movie is just too standard. Too homogenized. The second felt like it had some flavor to it.

Isn't the point of kick-ass supposed to be some nerdy kid actually tries to become a hero? From what I saw, the black girl was in the military so it doesn't have the same appeal.

I thought the appeal was that it was some asshole trying and failing to be a hero.

But yeah, although this series seems to be doing a new conceit altogether. She's just pretending to be a hero. Could be cool.

>The first movie is just too standard. Too homogenized. The second felt like it had some flavor to it.

Exact opposite reaction from me. The sequel stripped out the weirdo, goofy personality of the first one and turned it into both a shitty, standard superhero sequel and a shitty R-rated poop comedy.

I can't conceive of someone thinking the fuckhead who directed Cry Wolf and Never Back Down has more personality then Matthew Vaughn, who had the get the first one produced independently because nobody else would make it. The sequel is a studio job and it showed.

>first movie
That's not how you spell Hit-Girl mini.

As for the movie, going 180 on the reaction to "i'm not really gay lol" and gatling hoverpad out of fucking nowhere was beyond retarded.

For me, all of that stuff from the first is all surface level. At the core, Dave is a hero. Gets the girl. Everything is just starkly normal despite the blood and little serial killer girl.

Kick-Ass...has a lot more silly-stupid-ridiculous shit going on. Stuff like Jim Carrey making a statement about cocksucking not meaning you can't be a hero - or Red Mist not getting it up....that's Kick-Ass.

>That's not how you spell Hit-Girl mini.
Now that was pretty great.

> going 180 on the reaction to "i'm not really gay lol"

I mean both versions of that were dumb, but the movie version was less in your face about it. It's a toss-up for me.

>and gatling hoverpad out of fucking nowhere

That was fine, it fits in a world where a 90 pound girl can kill grown men with anime sword skills.

>For me, all of that stuff from the first is all surface level.

The comic was all surface level too, it's just "darker" as though that adds some extra layer of meaning. The movie making it glossy and fun was at least more honest about what it was.

>Stuff like Jim Carrey making a statement about cocksucking not meaning you can't be a hero - or Red Mist not getting it up....that's Kick-Ass.

And my argument is that the Kick-Ass comic was fucking terrible, so changing things only improved it for me. I'd say the same thing for Kingsmen.

>I'd say the same thing for Kingsmen.
Kingsman was a better movie, but the comic was still better just for how the characters were and interacted.

Making Gary be like a super great ROTC person from the start was pretty damn lame. As well as going for easy Karate Kid-level rich snobs.

>Making Gary be like a super great ROTC person from the start was pretty damn lame. As well as going for easy Karate Kid-level rich snobs.

Vaughn makes things more palatable, sure, but he also strips out Millar's awful worldview and tryhard characterisation. Harry being some hard-scrabble prick in the comic was more """"real"""" but he was also far less entertaining. It tries to backload a lot of his character into the letter at the end and I felt nothing.

Both these movies are examples where "Hollywooding" something up made it better.

For me, it just made them more boring.
Which is a shame because The Secret Service recently got a canon sequel - and there was so much SYNERGY it was disgusting.

Well The Golden Circle was fucking terrible so we can both be mad.

The Golden Circle just needed to be 40 minutes shorter. If it had been that...it'd be alright.

But fucking hell there are reports that Vaughn's preferred cut was 3 hours.

>The Golden Circle just needed to be 40 minutes shorter. If it had been that...it'd be alright.

It brought back Harry just so Eggsy could repeat his same character arc. It was Men In Black II all over again.

And it felt like the whole thing was shot on one soundstage. Everyone was in separate random rooms all by themselves ala Arrested Development S4.

>It brought back Harry just so Eggsy could repeat his same character arc. It was Men In Black II all over again.

If they were going to bring him back, then whatever. It's more that at the point they bring him back the movie is already like an hour and 10 minutes in and it takes 35 minutes for this shit to even start to resolve.

It's just shitty time management.

Why is romita jr. allowed anywhere near a pencil

Dunno, the comic lost me when the girl mailed the MC a pic of herself sucking off a black guy and he didn’t instantly post it on Sup Forums.

Pandering for the minories or stupid girls who want to think that they are supporting the minories. This is kinda like the dark skinned token girl of CN.

Honestly all the romantic relationships of kick ass sucks, I don't consider his relationship with Hit Girl (romantic version) much better but it is still better than the rest of them.

No, it sucks because she isn't a normal person, she can kill four bad guys in a second without weapons in the mere first episode. Completely stupid coming from Kick Ass (not Hit-Girl)

>the fags who deluded themselves into thinking this would be a parody of recent treads of diversity in comics, making fun of it
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>>the year 2018
>>not being a black woman
I want Sup Forums to leave.