Adult cartoon

>Adult cartoon
>It visually looks like cow vomit

Every fucking time.

I don't get why any artist on this world would ever waste his time to draw something that isn't sexy or cute

THE SHOW WAS STILL VERY GOOD

some people draw cool things instead

but yeah, stuff that is ugly in unfunny ways makes no sense

Yeah, but why are the drawings themselves always ugly. The animation can still be barely animated puppeted shit, but why is the animation rigs they are using god fucking awful.

The animation can be stiff and shit if it means doing it on a budget like gif related which is a fan animation based on the Tangled series, but make the DRAWING ITSELF fucking appealing, at least a tiny bit.

IT BROKE NEW GROUND

They don’t want to be mistaken for a kid’s cartoon

I work on rigged animation projects and god knows why people feel the need to not spend time on the drawings.

The ones where an artist have actually sat down, come up with an art direction, style and decent character designs all come out wonderfully.

>visually looks
As opposed to audibly looking?

you can use "look like" without visuals. You look like a faggot now.

i hope you die

Butthurt

Because if you just said, "It looks awful", people might say:

>It's still funny!
>The writing is still good
>I don't care, it has good jokes

Saying visually specifies which aspect of the show OP is talking about.

And it's not even that this process doesn't happen on shows like Bordertown. They just... Approve bad drawings.

Most of the time, these art directions come from showrunners who are not artists in the slightest getting a show and handing off their doodles to professional artists and going, "I want it to be inspired by my doodles."

It's basically how the art direction for Rick & Morty and Bojack Horseman came about.

The best animation you can hope for in an adult cartoon is Archer, and even that can be pretty janky.

I don't care what the show looks like. It's more original and endearing than fucking Dick and sporty.

>Boondocks*

Butchering the English language, one low iq moron at a time.

>MUH ANIME REEEE
cringe

>haha rofl grammar xD

Truly the sign of someone who has nothing to say.

Me agreeds!

Maybe Reddit is more your speed, kid.

wut

I was always under the impression Archer's look was based in old newspaper comic strips

Have people forgotten spawn already or are we just talking about modern adult animation?

please deposit 1$ in "facebook words jar"

Because "mature" animation for "mature" cartoons.

Why does the animation industry have it's head so far up its own ass that anything that looks visually appealing (or has any visual direction whatsoever) must be for kids?

but there are also many cartoons for kids that look ugly

huh?

What do you expect? They don't need to appeal to kids so they can't go to the people paying for the work and say "hey, we need a higher budget to make it look nice". The creators and the people paying for the project know that adults don't really give a shit about the way it looks enough to make it worth making it look good.

Venture bros is the best.

You've got it backwards.

Kids decide which shows to watch based on how the shows look quite a lot of the time, meaning the budget often goes to making the show look good.

Adults decide on shows based on content, and therefore the best shows are the ones that often ignore other things and focus on entertaining content.

It's not that the studios refuse to make good looking shows for adults because "good animation is for kids", it's that good animation is only profitable when kids are involved.

>Game made for adults
>its a generic movie game
Every time.

>it's that good animation is only profitable when kids are involved
That's fucking disheartening when talking about a visual medium.
"Sure we COULD make an adult cartoon that looks good and has good content, but it would just be a waste of money!"

Well blame the industry that refuses to push anything forward

>hey, we need a higher budget to make it look nice

cuter character design wouldn't cost more money, it's simply a decision

>God why is everyone talking about pancakes? I wish we'd all shut up about pancakes

It's true though. If you want good animation cartoons are the wrong medium, go to Sup Forums where the best selling works are often the best looking ones.

this

>adult cartoon
>looks like hanazuki
Would this have been better?

yes

This isn't even weeb memery, it's the disheartening damn truth.