What are some more "urban fantasy" series like this?

What are some more "urban fantasy" series like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

yiikrpg.com/?page_id=2373
youtube.com/watch?v=gpFXydY1K8k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i forget the name but a game titled "postmodern RPG", which will come out soon, is like that. its a videogame tho. Sup Forums hates it but Sup Forums probably will love it.

YIIK is the name. It doesn't look very good.

> urban fantasy
I wouldn't call it that, really. It's more like contemporary pop-culture-soaked magical realism, in the sense that the story still largely works if you remove the fantasy layer.

To answer your question though: idk lol

yeah probably thats just it. the game isnt my cup of tea either, and granted it doesnt look class, but the devs surprisingly seem to have dedicated themselves to creating something new or fun. they shill on Sup Forums but they are pretty open and honest, don try to hide their weebness, unlike someone silently stealing lots of shit from anime, so at least i dont get the impression that they are half-assed or pretentious, aside from the content of the game.

I started reading this series thinking it was some Canadian battle shonen but no its some hipster relationship drama bullshit. Is their any actual Western Battle shonen out their .

I'd only give it a chance if it doesn't use pixel shit retro 16bit sprites artstyle

Not really. Superhero comics are going to be as close as you get.

well /pol-v/ doesn't like it because it's too hipster and therefore leftist narrative or w/e

parts of Sup Forums don't like it because worry gameplay won't match the focus on plot (which may be lolrandumb humor + welcome to nightvale).

I'd like to wait and see where it goes though. Release is this year it seems.
It's PS2 era 3d model retro. Best way to put it. Like what modern pixel art retro is to old school SNK pixel art.

"PS2 era" for today's standards isn't "retro", it's "incompetent"

give them a chance. i just googled their photo cause i loved it. they look like dirty, obscure, but very motivated 90s techno-cultured guys/electronic musicians. nowhere near modern typical hipsters or tumblr sjws.
yiikrpg.com/?page_id=2373

the devs arent typical sjws or modern hipster lefties. some Sup Forumstards cant see through it.

I mean in terms of stylizing. Dunno how else to explain what it seems they're doing.

They definitely chose a deliberate style and put effort into it.

youtube.com/watch?v=gpFXydY1K8k

I mostly want to see how they handle the surrealism

King City fits that pretty well.

King City
Sharkknife
Burn the Orphanage

Fantasy? This is just how Toronto is m8

Do you like /lit/? What about Night Watch series?

The current weekly Avengers book is basically a shonen tournament arc.

Not the OP, but yes to both. More?

From that cherrypicked ass gameplay alone you can see how tedious a typical battle will be. Can somebody post the gameplay footage shown off roughly half a year ago? Basic enemies are damage-sponges and a relatively average attack takes about twenty seconds to pull off (if you don't want to do shit damage).
>inb4 muh Sup Forums boogeyman
The aesthetic and the mechanics we've been shown are decidedly terrible and I hope to Christ they make improvements, a much better example would be Knuckle Sandwich.

Do you mean crazy fighting with powers in a realitivily everyday setting? Then you should read Diamond is Unbreakable

Holy shit that gameplay is putting me to sleep.

Can't say it's like Scott Pilgrim but Rumble is an urban fantasy

It looks like a pretentious nu-male game, that and actual gameplay looks garbage

Hopeless Savages is similar in that it's about a band/bands and has relationship drama and fighting. Bryan Lee O Malley (writer/artist of Scott Pilgrim) even illustrated the 2nd volume.