Punisher: Season 2 starts filming this month, allegedly doing The Slavers story arc!

Punisher: Season 2 starts filming this month, allegedly doing The Slavers story arc!

>metro.co.uk/2018/02/15/the-punishers-second-series-could-be-one-of-netflixs-most-controversial-yet-as-frank-castle-takes-on-human-traffickers-and-sex-slavery-7314512/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_Cent_Party
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

But the show sucks.

thank fucking christ

I can't wait for the 3rd retelling of the origin story where he finds out the reason his wife and kids were really killed was human traffickers and the drug conspiracy he stopped last season was just funding for them, and the conspiracy goes even higher up in the government.

Brainlet here, what was the twist about his origin in DD season 2 all about? His old army officer sold drugs and then a photo and the chick also found out and tried to stop him and it all seemed real dumb.

Do you think they'll actually let him be The Punisher in this season? Can the damage of the first season possibly be undone?

I would unironically love this if all these connections were just in his head

>I can't wait for the 3rd retelling of the origin story where he finds out the reason his wife and kids were really killed was human traffickers and the drug conspiracy he stopped last season was just funding for them, and the conspiracy goes even higher up in the government.

And now Frank has to take on an even larger and better organized no-face army of Military / Mercenaries ! But then of course he wants to go back to leading a normal life!

But seriously, OP, this whole article is speculation based on casting.

Based on what I've seen on S1, there is no way they have the balls to do a story like Slavers any justice.

At this point we should know they are not following Ennis' steps.

Maybe it'll be the inverse of Daredevil where the first season kind of sucks and the second is way better?

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath either.

that would be the best twist ever, but season 1 made it clear the conspiracy was real.

>allegedly doing The Slavers story arc!
Only legit paid shills type like this.

Rawlins ordered Clancy Brown to purposefully arrange for a gang meeting to take place where and when he knew Frank would be and then at random a police sting operation was also taking place and at random the criminals started blasting at each other and at random hit Frank and his family so Frank couldn't talk about their dirty dealings in Afghanistan

where do i get a job where i just shitpost on Sup Forums?

[spoiler[With mental illness and hallucinations in fiction you can ALWAYS pull this twist. Even if it's retarded.[/spoiler]

They still have the "out" that his family only died like a year ago in-universe so he's still at the start of his "career", he's yet to see so much crime and take so many lives he becomes the killing machine we all know and love. But as time goes on they get less and less of an excuse, so they fucking better have him actually being the fucking Punisher or else we'll have a Marvel universe where fucking Tony Stark does more lethal vigilantism than Frank Castle.

I still haven't finished last season. Fuck that shit was boring

I finished it a while ago. So what happens now?

>Daredevil where the first season kind of sucks and the second is way better?

That's a lot of random. Makes me feel better that it seems more like shitty writing than me being a brainlet.

>it's a everyone is a shill episode
i'm tired of this episode it runs on fucking repeat and is never true.

If you're implying DD S2 is better than S1 then I'd have to disagree. I loved the Punisher stuff, and there was a great scene with Kingpin, but I don't think it makes up for all the terrible Elektra shit.

>Kim meanwhile is in her mid thirties and a someone seen as a regular therapist.

inb4 she's a therapist Frank has started seeing

no no no wait, I know what it'll be, they know that'd be too lame, but they'll manage to sneak it in anyway, where there's an entire episode where Frank wants to get info from her because she's worked with some trafficked girls before, so he poses as her client, as an excuse to have Frank in therapy, and only at the end of the episode does he manage to get the intel out of her, after spending 50 minutes talking about how much he misses his family

>after spending 50 minutes talking about how much he misses his family
user don't do this to me.

Hoping to see Ma Gnucci in S2; the Gnuccis were already mentioned in the show. Maybe they make her the head of the Slavers.

Man, the Gnuccis with Jigsaw as the B plot would make for a pretty solid season.

>after spending 50 minutes talking about how much he misses his family

Bonus points if he breaks down and cries.

Goverments and Industries to do it all the time find it yourself
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_Cent_Party

Are you really retarded enough to think that shilling is not a common move? Is not a conpirancy theory you epic retard is something that countries gov and business are caught doing all the fucking time

I could get behind that actually. What would be even better is that in doing so, the narrative of him being a psycho vigilante is completely justified.

>Melvin meanwhile, is in his early thirties, and is described as an honest detective.
The article mentions the names aren't finalized, but could we be getting Det. Soap?

>he types a certain way
Are you that autistic?

The final 4 episodes were fucking glorious tho.

>this thing exists, so every time someone says they enjoy something i don't, they must be that thing
your autism is showing user

>autism
the shills daily buzzword

>this retard actually thinks a company would pay to lob insults at anons on a Peruvian basketweaving forum.

So are they inserting Jigsaw into The Slavers?

>someone likes something
>they are a shill
I suppose I can call you a faggot instead?

I probably should get around to watching the first season. Don't know why I keep putting it off.

That is actually perfectly acceptable here.

Daredevil took down human traffickers in season 1

lmao Frank is shit

They should bring him back.

>lol brainlets
frank isnt even fully franked just like daredevil wasnt fully daredevil until season two

He was clearly fully Franked at the end of DD1 but de-franked during Punisher

>thinking Netflix won't water it down and completely fuck it up
must be nice to have delusional dreams

Genuinely hope it starts off with Frank going to the meetings and eventually relapse when he notices an increase of crime.

aw yeah
but real talk, will he finally take karen into his arms to make sweet love to her but she gets impatient and demands that he do it rougher, culminating in a mindblowing release?

Oh that's rich coming from you. Frankly you're likely just a countershill

As someone who hasn't read Marvel since Dark Reign ended what are some good recent Punisher comics?

Fuck finally! ANYTHING would be better than Season 1. Including Black Frank and Angel Frank... even Frankencastle.

They don't have the balls to pull off any MAX storyline, visually or story wise. They'll just do a diet version of it.

>most-controversial-yet
Is there anyone on Earth who thinks shooting sex slavers is controversial?

Far-left retards.

Why can't we just have a solid hour of Frank Franking? A few self contained episodes where he clears out a drug den or goes after a serial killer.

Fun stuff.

The Platoon

Issue 6 can't come soon enough.

If we're doing Slavers then I see no reason not to bring in The Russian.

And I think we've got a good contender for the update.

user's wrong.
The meeting was arranged to go wrong to cover the assassination attempt, there was no "they randomly got caught in the crossfire".

Because The Wire, Lost, Mad Men and Breaking Bad have convinced all TV exectives that only narratively complex series can succeed. Episodic shows are for children now. See: Stark Trek discovery

Why can't it be episodic with an overarching plot?

This. Something like Justified or Dexter would be good for Punisher.

2014-2015 run by Nate Edmonson.

Frank goes to Los Angeles and uncovers a gang conspiracy going from Mexico to the Middle East; then gets the Howling Commandos coming for him. This was also when the Marvel Universe was going to explode so Frank spends his last day going after Al-Qaeda.

Fuck if I know. Execs are retarded.

How's the Becky Cloonan run so far?

....and nobody fucking cares

like honestly, I've seen threads about luke cage and fucking jessica jones after a month

but punisher? all the fucking discussion disappeared after like a week.

if it wasn't for iron first and defenders, punisher would be the worst marvel show yet.

Yeah, remember when people were genuinely saying that "marvel shows are better than dc tv shows". Remember when you don't hear these people anymore. Because they realize, after the shitshow that was iron first, defenders, and now, the punisher, these shows are no better than the cw flicks.

Feige is very about this shitshow. You can tell he doesn't give a flying fuck about these "shows" and only wants to see perlmutter empire in ruins. It's going to be fucking hilarious when all the fox shit, the x-men, deadpool, will have more in common with MCU than the fucking their "own" tv show department. When the fuck will people wake up, and realize that feige does not give a fuck about TV? How can you be so delusional?

It's good. Frank gets angry about a drug operation that quickly gets taken over by the muscle hired to kill frank. And they essentially juice up everyone on this steroid rage drug against their will just to fuck him over.

It's getting annoying how Disney can't do anything right with Marvel without Feige taking care of it.

Hell, why they don't make Feige the new director already? Everything on Disney is underperforming except Feige MCU

I mean chairman/president

Why would anyone watch Netflix shit when War Zone exists?

They should adapt In The Beginning.
That should be enough.
Slayers sounds like something you should adapt later, especially because Frank kind of stopped being Frank at the end of season one.

eh, i didn't care much for Bernthals punisher. too short, too twitchy and too much retarded grunt screaming

>Everything on Disney is underperforming except Feige MCU
you're forgetting about the disney live action flicks, beauty and the beast made more money than any capeshit that year
>plays a minor character in thor films
>dies like a bitch in ragnarok
JUST

>>dies like a bitch in ragnarok
Who gives a shit about MCU flicks? He was perfect Frank

my point is his career went completely just. And his character was not only a slap in the face, but a complete was of our and his time. They even treated Micheal Keaton better in homecoming. They even treated david hasselhoff, the og nick fury, better in mcu.

wait, so hes actually going to be fighting CRIMINALS?

I thought he was going to reenlist and go fight terrorists, or something...

Who else has read the Slavers story ark?

Spoiler!

"coward"

First season of Daredevil was the only legitimately good Marvel Netflix production.

It's not good. No internal monologue, Frank barely uses guns, the main baddie is underwhelming and the whole arc could have been done in 4 issues but has been stretched to like 12. It's not garbage but it's far from great

>not a Barracuda arc
gay

Oh boy. I can’t wait for more scenes of the Punisher not punishing people as he mumbles like a retard.

Seriously, just kill this shit series already.

If Iron Fist wasn't cancelled, what makes you think they will kill this series?
The only show that has been cancelled so far was Agent Carter, but that's because disney only wants one marvel show on their channel (everyone wanted to cancel agents of shit, but disney literally stepped in and stopped that from happening). And Inhumans....it's not cancelled...yet.

barracuda when

>No internal monologue

With the direction they took I think this is a good thing. Frank's inner monologue is mostly always calm, matter-of-fact and pragmatic. I don't think the production team could translate it well to screen.

Punisher was actually the only good Marvel Netflix show other than Daredevil.

>Cool opening
>Everything in between was fucking retarded
>cool ending
Never seen such a waste of potential in a film before.

Frankencastle was good, especially in the two or three issues of him giving Daken what he deserves.

illiterates

This better end with Punisher meeting Moon Knight

I wonder if we'll really see Jigsaw this season.