Hello, we want the rick and morty fanbase

Hello, we want the rick and morty fanbase

you're being facetious but i doubt anybody would argue you on that including the creators

I actually liked the first trailer.

But i'm a sci-fi bitch, so that counts too

They are going to stream the first episode on Reddit. No, I'm not kidding.

this show looks awful

welcome to modern cartoons

This is why I unironically just watch anime.

Why do all shows look so similar now?

cringe...

Yeah I don't like this, I hate the "paper dolls" animation style so many shows have now that looks barely a few steps up from Pivot. So many ""adult"" shows nowadays just seem to have such garbage animation that it's just painful to look at, you would think they would step up the animation budget for an audience that might expect a little more but nobody seems to give a shit, least of all the creators. You can see this style of animation used heavily in Rick and Morty (which this show also seems to take a fair amount of artistic direction cues from) and Bojack Horseman.

Also does every ""adult"" cartoon have to be a comedy? Couldn't they try actually writing a serious sci-fi series without having the fallback of "it's all just a joke ha-ha" if their writing turns to shit?

Something about it actually says Bravest Warriors to me. Not that it can't be both.

because the "artists" are getting lazier

Bojacks' designs are crude but the animation seems reserved for environmental and theatrical effects, and most of the show is about characters talking. Rick and Morty feels more glaringly cheap because the show has a lot more action and flashy stuff going on using the same crude designs.

have you watched the actual series footage since the pilot?

despite the generic adult cartoon designs the animation is actually pretty expressive and fluid

I like Bojack a lot, but the animation is really lacking on the character models where they rotate their limbs on clearly pre-defined joints and it looks almost comically bad when they have to run. Same for Rick and Morty, really, but I've seen some people praise Rick and Morty for its animation and I have just never understood why.

THIS

IS

UNNNN... ACCAPTABLE

UUNNNNAXCEPTABUULLLLLL!!!!!!

Im honestly angry this ugly designed shit, with all alien designs being “cute” to appeal to calarts faggots, and with nothing but dick and fart jokes in the trailer, is actually garnering hype from people. Animation is dead

I cringe at you with your Rick and Morty Szechuan sauce ass.

I've just taken a look at some of the trailers and it looks like what I expect it to. I just really hate it when you can tell that the animators are just lazily rotating/scaling/translating assets, like, even if you are doing that you shouldn't make it so obvious since it looks unnatural and cheap.

I get they are on a budget so can't afford to redraw each frame to and hold it up to the standards of artistic masterpieces, but I'd just like to see some decent quality animation somewhere in the realm of ""adult"" cartoons.

mcdonalds said it would have more in winter
WHERES THE SAUCE RONALD WE GOTTA GET THAT SAAAAUUUCEEE!!!1

>They are going to stream the first episode on Reddit. No, I'm not kidding.

Why wouldn't they? That's a massive audience ready to give word of mouth to your show.