>be me
>almost sixty years old
>been balding for the past 3 decades
>really want to get into hollywood
>people barely understand my ideas
>people barely understand my writing style
>people barely understand me because of the accent

Meanwhile

>my rogue protege just sold half of his shit to netflix for an insane amount of dollaryroos, the other half is still getting sequels on the big screen
>my archnemesis has successfully transitioned to prose while finishing his last passion projects in comics with his long-time collaborator, and making music and movies for fun on the side
>my bizarro clone is moving from the Marvel all-you-can-eat buffet to the DC all-you-can-eat buffet with huge fanfare, own imprint and the first run on four-digit comic in history while writing the script for his waifu's first solo movie

>I'm writing an Ennis rip-off show for Syfy (during a minor Ennis-adaptation craze no less), editing a dying anthology nobody cares about, and co-writing some shit for a Scott Snyder event

Remem wen fokin Metrix repp`d me oof thei

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/search/image/Y1k9CiHx2TTBPXDj8Ki2Fg/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Millar
rollingstone.com/music/news/grant-morrison-on-the-death-of-comics-20110822
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sounds like you've got to step it up, You ain't dead yet motherfucker.

You've already made that thread yesterday.

>>I'm writing an Ennis rip-off show for Syfy (during a minor Ennis-adaptation craze no less)

But that was better than the Preacher show.

desuarchive.org/co/search/image/Y1k9CiHx2TTBPXDj8Ki2Fg/

I'll make one tomorrow Grant

>my archnemesis has successfully transitioned to prose
lol, no he fucking didn't, Jerusalem was hack trash.

>lol, no he fucking didn't, Jerusalem was hack trash.

Why do you think that?

Jerusalem was the best novel of the past five years or so, pleb

Why would he post that pic?

Dropping by to say you sound unhinged OP. Good luck w all that.

>Has written the gold standards for the biggest names in comics
>Ideas have been used on big budget motion pictures with his name accredited to them
>Didn't have to sell his soul or sell out on his principles to make his name
>Has a genuine appreciation and gets enjoyment from the medium that built him up
>Remains one of the only unique voices in an entire genre of storytelling
>Shepherding in the next era of comic writers

Oh yeah, truly being Morrison is suffering.

Morrison doesn't care about movies. He explicitly said he prefers comics because you can actually put your dick in them.

he's an anti semite nazi worshipper from pol

>>Shepherding in the next era of comic writers
to be perfectly honest with you, all the Morrison fanboy writers are awful. Mostly because they don't understand his nuances and have a very shallow view of the things Morrison has said.

bump

Can you stop your jewish bullshit?
Stop calling everybody a nazi or start using a trip you are one of the most annoying posters in this board and you give jews an even worse name.

It looks like OP can't defend or bash Moore's Jerusalem because he hasn't read it.

>Became a millionaire overnight in his early twenties and got to travel the world doing wild drugs and having a ton of fun for several years which led to him writing some of the best comics of the 90s
>maintained said wealth well enough to live in a literal castle in his home country and have a swanky pad in LA for when Scotland's weather is too unbearable
Honestly Morrison's bulletproof.

why i was cited? I'm saying the jewish cunt talking about nazis needs to stop his bullshit, he start talking about nazis and anti-semites at the first mention of something related to israel.

......did someone assume Jerusalem has something to do with Isreal and fly off the handle? what the fuck

No, someone made a shitpost and some autist took it completely seriously and chimped out about MUH JEWS.

Moore literally ended that garbage heap with an art gallery where each painting represented a chapter so he could explain what each chapter meant. It reached hack levels that shouldn't even be possible, also tried to do a tribute to Finnegans Wake in one chapter but instead of actually saying anything meaningful it reproduced nothing but the superficial style of writing in warped language.
Ironically this is pretty similar to how the Watchmen movie was an artistic failure, by aping superficial style but lacking any of the substance that made the source material great. He is not a good novelist, spelling shit out in excessive detail is great for comics but comes across as pseud amateur night in the context of a novel.

>my rogue protege
Wait, who? It that Millar? Why's he Morrison's "protege"?

I mean, Morrison was basically set up for life by Arkham Asylum, is beloved by everyone in the industry, and has enough clout that he could basically walk in to DC tomorrow, say that he wants to write another Batman comic, and Didio and Johns would be tripping over themselves to give him work, whereas Millar whoring himself out to another glorified script for a new Kickass movie, Bendis is jumping ship to DC because he realized nobody gives a shit about him at Marvel anymore, and Moore is basically going full druid while being the biggest hypocrite in comics.

I'd say he's doing pretty well for himself.

i dunno why OP said protege but they came up in the comics scene together

Morrison gave Millar a leg-up getting in to the comic industry in the 90s. He plotted most of Millar's run on Swamp-Thing, gave him a recommendation that helped him get his run on The Authority, and overall was seemingly groomed to be Morrison's successor, but then Millar went full grimdarkedgy and Morrison and him had a falling out.

Moore is the epitome of someone who has incredible ideas but fucks up the execution sideways - this is especially apparent in his novels. Look no further than the first chapter of his first novel; the idea of a story narrated by a mentally retarded caveman is Joycian as fuck, but ultimately he does nothing with it and his insistent need to shoehorn in "shocking" shit (the retard fucking his dead mom's corpse, getting jerked off by a prehistorical tranny) and his own ideas (if you sacrifice something on the physical plane the ideal side gets stronger, but you can also do the opposite) only fucks up the flow.
Not to mention his burning need for every chapter to end in a TWEEST becomes tiresome after some time

Because he very clearly was? Why are you asking that question instead of looking it up yourself?
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Millar
>When Millar was 18, he interviewed writer Grant Morrison, who was then doing his first major American work on Animal Man, for a fanzine. When he told Morrison that he wanted to be both a writer and an artist, Morrison suggested that he focus on one of those career paths, as it was very hard to be successful at both, which Millar cites as the best advice he has ever received.[7]
>In 1993, Millar, Grant Morrison and John Smith created a controversial eight-week run on 2000 AD called The Summer Offensive. It was during this run that Millar and Morrison wrote their first major story together, Big Dave.[11]
>Millar's British work brought him to the attention of DC Comics, and in 1994 he started working on his first American comic, Swamp Thing. The first four issues of Millar's run were co-written by Grant Morrison,[12] allowing Millar to settle into the title.
>From there, Millar spent time working on various DC titles, often co-writing with or under the patronage of Morrison as in the cases of his work on JLA, The Flash and Aztek: The Ultimate Man,[13] and working on unsuccessful pitches for the publisher.

>need for every chapter to end in a TWEEST becomes tiresome after some time

that's a weird monthly comics thing that doesn't sound like moore at all

>Morrishils
If his life was truly awesome he'd have no need to start shit every month

He's been horrible at prose forever too, the ending of Miracleman is bogged down by it.

>Really wants to get in to movies
>Actively refuses Hollywood offers to adapt his comics. Only allows them to adapt a half-baked four part comic he farted out in 2013

Please cite me him starting shit for Jan 2018
Dec 2017 Nov 2017 etc.

Millar's rich as fuck too, especially after the Netflix deal, I don't know if it's whoring (especially when there's already 2 movies) as much as it is his classic style of trolling, making an SJW type character to get retards to chimp out that kickass is black now.
They're both quite successful. Moore too obviously. Bendis can kick rocks though.

Why is it that casuals think they know so much?

>autismic literalism
He's been throwing shit at Moore since the 80's. He claimed to have done this to "get some cred" in the industry when he was starting, but since he's now an established writer why shit on him a few years ago?

So will Bendis kill Morrison off DC for good?

>but since he's now an established writer why shit on him a few years ago?
[citation needed]

yeah we make fun of him but dude laughed all the way to the bank.

>a few years ago
You mean when he responded to Moore calling him a failed protegee (or something similar)? Moore was talking out of his ass there, Morrison was working in comics before Moore. Morrison is obviously pretty insecure and a bit of a bitch, but Moore is such an unbelievable faggot at this point he deserves everything he gets and Moore. I hope DC has Tom Strong rape Prometha on panel.

Because he doesn't? Want to talk about autism but you seem to conflate a few off handed comments when asked as him just ranting all night long. Seriously when's the last time Morrison threw shade at Moore? Please find me that link.

Morrison's got his problems with Moore no doubt but that's never stopped him from praising the stuff he's done. Meanwhile Moore can't help himself but take a jab at Morrison with ever mention of his name.

Grant
>handsome scottish lad
Moore
>looks like hobo

the most recent time i can think of any of this gossip shit coming from people involved is an interview a few years ago where they asked Morrison if he ever ran into Millar and he said something like preferably on a bus going 55 mph

The only times Morrison ever really speaks negatively of Moore anymore is when Moore instigates it. By all indication, Morrison respects Moore on a professional level. He dedicated entire chapters of his book to discussing how amazing Moore was and how Watchmen, which is a book he personally hates, is perfection on a technical level and one of the best comics ever written, despite his personal issues with it.

He asked about Morrison and Moore, not Morrison and Millar.

The context here: Moore was brought up absolutely randomly when Morrison was asked about sexism in comics. Yes, Moore does feature rape in his comics, but this is only noticeable because comic writers are still shy when it comes to this topic - not to mention that this is not sexism, since the women (and men) raped are not implied to be lesser or inferior because of it.
The Morrison-Moore feud was one sided until Moore's "last" interview, when he finally came out guns akimbo

>Few years ago
Try 6 years

>grant
balding scottish manlet
>Moore
hairy British bear

yeah, i was saying that out of all the people in the post the most recent gossipy thing I can think of involving them is what i posted.

It generally seems Morrison views the whole feud as something pointless. He parodied it in Manhattan Guardian, with the pirates All-Beard and No-Beard (I shouldn't have to explain this one) fighting over a reason neither can quite remember for control of a domain no one really cares about.

MR WORLDWIDE

wasn't there a Moore pastiche in his Doom Patrol too?

Care to chuck me a link to the interview?

I bet Moore smells like shit and piss

What, are you saying that Alan Moore isn't obsessed with rape?

As much as any other comic book writer is obsessed with violence.

What the shit does he even do all day? Is it that much work to make a crappy Syfy show and put out 3 indie comics a year?

He's nearly 60, and all those drugs might well have fried his brain

he is set for life he only has to work when he wants to
also the show was based

He's the EIC of Heavy Metal which I assume takes up most of his time since he's got to be constantly try to convince people to put a story in.

He's also one of the main consultants for the DCEU and apparently a consultant for a lot of DC writers.

>I'm writing an Ennis rip-off show for Syfy
You mean the best comic adaptation on TV? ok friend

>Violence is the foundation of capes
>Moore carries the rape shit across genre
One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong!

>Not liking Gerard Way
How about that shitto tasto my guy

He should've pull a pre-DC buyout Wildstorm and found his own Image-partnered studio.
It's more than obvious that one of his biggest forte is and always will be superheroes. Why did he waste all his creative endeavors with already established material, where he could've focus on building up his own superhero universe/franchise and profit it through movie deals?
I don't know, but I would definitely keep up with a superhero universe with Morrison as his core architect.

I'm almost 100% sure Morrison is taller than Moore.
>Morrison was listed at 5'11" in his bio back in the day
>Moore is a little bit shorter than Gaiman
>Who is a little bit shorter than Matt Smith (6 footish)
>Therefore Moore is slightly shorter than Morrison

>apparently a consultant for a lot of DC writers
Where can I read about that?

Why? Vertigo contracts were kick ass when Morrison was at his prime. There's a reason he still did Vertigo while at Marvel.

>the best comic adaptation on TV
The least smelly corpse in the graveyard

His biggest forte in superheroes with pre-established history though

He very obviously needs established characters to write a really strong story. besides the Invisibles and Flex nothing that's purely Morrison really pops. Even his created characters for DC like Aztek rely heavily on the universe, hell you even could call Aztek an Azrael pastiche.

>Why are you asking that question instead of looking it up yourself?
Because fuck you.
And also because I AM looking it up. You know (thing), so I ask you about (thing). What's so sinful about that?

Fantomex? Xorn?

>his burning need

His X Characters are very much in the Claremont spirit. Taking other cultures to the extreme and making cool characters out of them for the 2 you mentioned. Spunky mutant kids for the others you didn't. Plus Xorn was literally magneto.

Where can I read Jerusalem for free ?

>on Sup Forums
>can't pirate
God this site really has gone to complete shit

As he says, rape is a dark part of life as much as torture and murder is; the reason these can be shown but rape cannot is because of still existing stigma

Nearly everyone who has met Moore say he is a bit scarily tall

He's really bad.

I'm aware that he's fantastic when it comes to use continuity as a device to give strength to his stories, but there are examples like that shows that he can also create interesting new characters that show little to no dependence of continuity for them to work (Xorn is debatable, but the concept of the character alone can and was shown that can stand on his own feet).
Also, great examples can be seen in Zenith and to an extent Seaguy, where both books show that Morrison can easily build his own cape universe and build an interesting world out of it.

Oh I totally forgot about Zenith. Though I think it's pretty derivative of Miracleman 2bh.

I don't think you're completely off-base here in that his specialty is reinterpreting weird old continuity in bizarre yet really entertaining ways. But he isn't terrible at creating characters either.
Professor Pyg
Xorn (Was technically Magneto all along at first although Marvel retconned that against Morrison's wishes which strangely makes him a non-consensually original character)
Flex Mentallo
Crazy Jane
Mr. Nobody (Was technically a character before Morrison as Mr. Morden, but not really because he was just a random normal guy villain then who Morrison name-referenced in Mr. Nobody's backstory)
Nix Uotan
Mandrakk
Danny the Street
Dr. Hurt
Seaguy
The Quiz
Solaris the Living Sun
Prometheus
Mageddon

There are pictures of him next to gaiman, they're similar height, Moore slightly shorter. That's just objectively false, unless he wizardly changes his height.

>desperate goalpost moving

Also I think that might be part of the reason why him and Moore have had so much animosity over the years: That the two each have their own very distinctive / powerful style when it comes to comics and these styles have almost nothing to do with one another.
Alan Moore to me is all about creating these extremely potent characters and concepts that get permanently engraved on the collective unconscious, like how everyone keeps on trying to use his Watchmen characters even though they clearly aren't meant for continued stories, or how both the image of the V for Vendetta Guy Fawkes mask and the ironic Watchmen smiley face both turned into major cultural icons many years after publication.
Grant Morrison on the other hand is more of the cerebral, meta-meta-meta- writer who has this great combination of historian-like comic book knowledge / respect alongside a willingness to twist everything familiar and established into something unexpected and basically psychedelic, to the point where writers after him are kind of forced to keep up his conventions since going back from where he leaves things would be a letdown.
They're both great.

One hit wonder. Doom Patrol is no Umbrella Academy.

Gerard Way's Doom Patrol is the only one aside from Morrison's that I actually like. I came into it expecting I'd hate it like I did all the other non-Morrison Doom Patrol runs, but it's honestly been pretty neat in my opinion anyway.

It's horrible and Grant hates it too.

source on that?

He lives in a castle though

>Write a JLA run that unironically ends 90's edginess.

It's funny, because everyone sees him as a Moore knockoff, but Moore was originally just a failed New York writer who went England and changed his style around so he could appear unique to American comics.

>but Moore was originally just a failed New York writer who went England
He grew up in Northampton, you pillock.

>He grew up in Northampton, you pillock.
Yeah, in Massachusetts.

hes not wrong though

Not him but Morrison and Quitely both showed dislike for Way using Flex Mentallo. And Way's (Sane) Jane is objectively awful. Other than that it's incredibly derivative and creative as a whole(Brotherhood of Nada? give me a break) so it's probably that Morrison doesn't like the comic.

Do you have a source on this?