Lyta Trevor

>Superman has a kid
>Batman has a kid
>Wonder Woman has a kid, but she's on Earth-2
Mainline Lyta when? Seems only fair that all three Trinitys should get to indulge in comfy family antics.

Goodness knows the Wondy book could stand to be a bit lighthearted for once. It's all serious all the time these days. Take a fucking pill, editors.

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20071015185912/forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=129681
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It is kinda bullshit that the woman is the one who doesn't get to settle down. like yeah Steve Trevor sucks but you'd think SOMEONE could give her a good love interest.

i did like the movie giving them the same doomed romance as Cap and Peggy.

Since there exist Donna and cassie ,one of them would be the new wonder woman

>Steve Trevor sucks
I don't get this meme at all.

Nah. Donna is just Donna Troy(or Troia, sometimes), Cassie is Wonder Girl, and Lyta has always gone by Fury. The name thing is a non-issue.

So, is Lyta like, half-Amazon? Say she shows up in the main continuity, would she have half the soul of a woman who died violently, or would the powers that be just give her a full one to save themselves the hassle?

How is Diana going to have a daughter?
Is she going to give birth? Adopt? Who is going to be the father? Is she going to be a single parent?
Theres a lot of bullshit that prevents her from being a mom and no matter what its going to cause a gigantic shitstorm

Diana's relationship with Steve pretty much disappeared for decades, they only just got back together in Rebirth

>How is Diana going to have a daughter?
The old fashioned way. Rebirth kept the Zeus bastard origin, meaning Amazons reproduce sexually.

>Who is going to be the father?
Steve. Lyta's surname is Trevor after all.

>Is she going to be a single parent?
No. Diana and Steve will raise her together and have adorable family shenanigans like the others did.

>There's a lot of bullshit that prevents her from being a mom and no matter what its going to cause a gigantic shitstorm
Not really. Any objection to Wonder Woman of all people having a child would be artificial nonsense.

i didn't know it was a meme. but he's always just a warm body, works for the army, that's it? i mean i've not read THAT much wondy but like if he doesn't pop in that first perez omnibus I dunno if it's gonna happen for me. oh and when DC was trying to make him like a nick fury spec ops type it was lame and boring.

but hey no bad characters, maybe someone'll do it.

>adorable family shenanigans like the others did

I would not describe the Bruce-Talia-Damian interactions like that myself

Have you seen the movie? Steve has historically been basically that. Smarmy, a bit pig headed, but ultimately has a good heart.

Also, he was barely in the Perez run, because for whatever reason, Perez decided to age him up and set him up with Etta, and Diana simply didn't have a love interest for a while. Much as I love George's work, you can see a lot of original sin shit in that run that ultimately led to a lot of problems with the franchise. The large absence of Steve and Etta being one of them.

well like i said the movie was the one time i actually did like him, but i attributed that to Pine desu.

i keep meaning to read some of that golden age shit bc it looks wild as hell

The main problem is Diana would have to be pregnant and DC would never cut down on her being involved and kicking ass.aGet married sure but
No Jessica Drew kinda of shenanigans unless they have a timeskip and she has the baby off panel.

The only option to have her adopt like a Chris situation. I can see Jason have a love child she takes care of for him if Robinson hadnt fucked his story up.

Eh, personally, I'd just make up some shit about Amazons rapidly aging until they reach a certain physical age.

Nah, Jenkins actually bothered to do her research and get an authentic feel for the characters.

Lyta does exist on Earth 0 but she’s not connected to Wonder Woman. Also she’s Dream’s mother.

That ddoesnt solve the problem of whether or not Diana will be pregnant or not.
Thats the main problem.
Lois was shown pregnant anf giving birth because shes not the focus of the Superman books.
Talia gave birth and 'rasied' Damian off panel because shes not the focus.

Diana does not have that same opportunity because shes the hero. Since DC will most likely not have her be shown pregnant a timeskip is the only option but they have to marry her first. But that too can cause problems cuz muh strong independent woman.

Last I heard, Lyta got retconned as the daughter of Fury from Young All-Stars. Has that changed (who can keep up)?

So then do a time skip, or Amazon pregnancy is a faster process, whatever. Not really asking for a pregnancy storyline. Those usually suck anyway.

Also, why are you so insistent that DC would avoid showing Diana being pregnant at all costs? Oh shit, women have a visibly swollen abdomen when pregnant? Horror of horrors!

Seriously, what are you on about?

>I would not describe the Bruce-Talia-Damian interactions like that myself
Sure, if you're only going by Morrison's portrayal of Talia

I’d 100% be up for seeing Steve Trevor as a Stay-At-Home Dad.

Let her have a ridiculous demigod pregnancy. She and Steve have a serious argument but make up, but it leads her with a massive headache. She takes a knife to her temple to relieve pressure snd BOOM, baby.

Because then she wouldnt be a shown being involved in the rest of the superhero business. Shes the biggest name they have out there. Im sure the news will just love it that shes indagering her baby and if shes shown slowing down then its sexist that they thibk she cant be a hero.
Its a non win situation.
And even with the timeskip DC actually has to give a shit about Steve or wjoever the father is to write a meaningful story around them.
If tgis was the 80s i can see Steve being a stay at home dad but folks are gonna want the child to be somethibg if they went though the trouble.
This is true plus sone shit about her bring Hol's mother or something. Its honestly very confusing.

>Its a non win situation.
Oh yes, the five people who find a way to bitch about everything are a totally valid barrier to telling new stories with a character. Shove your boogeyman up your ass.

Same.

Would he show up at birthday parties for his alternate continuity mom?

I don't see why not.

Stop talking shit about my husband!

Steve is best boy you philistine

What if Lyta just bursts fully formed from Diana's forehead.

Sure. He looked at her and told her that they were "almost family" back in JLA, so he's aware of the retconning from CoIE.

Why would you want that?

Not that user, but it's a mythological reference

Just have her brought in from the future like Cable but still a kid. Or let Diana spend an arc in a dimension where ten years pass in a week, same way they gave Captain America a kid.

I get that but why would you want that. Her Zeus orgin is barely tolerated.
They did that for Donna and her son was evil. So she gad to give up for power so he didnt become an edgelord.
And Hitch's Justice League just did the same thing with Hunter Prince.

How about she makes the kid from clay?

>Steve Trevor sucks

fpwp

Thats would work if DC shows they give a fuck about Diana and Steve to the point of giving them a happy ending like Superman/Lois.

Bump.

I can see adoption working, if only because it sort of fills out a third kind of niche in terms of parent and kid relationships.

Batman basically had his kid come from nowhere, he met damian after he did a lot of his growing up. Sort of a long lost son thing.

Superman was there for his kid since he was born (from little I know).

So diana perhaps taking in what amounts to a super/divine foster kid seems like it could fit. it was something I was half expecting with rebirth and the revelation of both babyseid and Diana having a brother. of course that went differently than I was expecting but still.

If people are worried about Diana being pregnant while being WW they could always have Donna stand in for her for a bit, it’s not like it hasn’t been done before and currently Donna isn’t doing anything but being Grounded on the satellite. Also you could use this time to bring back some other characters like Cassie and Grace Choi and even bring in Artemis to the regular series

But she was in Sandman. Isn’t that still canon?

Honestly, Donna deserves a bone thrown her way after all the crap she's been through her entire existence. Let her take on the mantle and get something resembling a bit of respect for once.

As for Cassie, she'd almost certainly babysit after Lyta is born. Both parents work after all, someone's gotta look after her, and Cassie would be honored to do it.

Exactly Donna’s character could use a push and this would be a good chance to give WW a wider cast and stories to play with

Daniel's still around, so Sandman still happened at some point. She wasn't Diana's daughter in that though.
She was last seen around 2005 during the lead up to Crisis on Infinite Earths, wherein she begged Daniel to save Hector and herself. Presumably she's somewhere in the Dreaming.
1/2

2/2

Cassie doesnt even exist in the Rebirth Universe and no that Titans of Tomrrow doesnt count.
they cant even write Donna right in Titans why would her as WW work.
For this to work they have give a shit about Diana's supporting cast.

>give WW a wider cast
What's funny about the repeated attempts at reinventing the wheel is that she actually does have a ton of viable supporting characters.

Just off the top of my head there's
>Etta Candy
>Steve Trevor
>Hippolyta
>Artemis
>Donna Troy
>Cassandra Sandsmark
>Phillipus
>Nubia
>Menalippe
>Epione
>Io
>Mala
>Myndi Mayer
>Julia Kapatelis (fuck you Robinson, you HACK)
>Tom Tresser
>Tolifar
>Ed Indelicato
>Trevor Barnes
>Zola
>Athena
>Hermes

Unfortunately, writers just keep piling the fuckers on instead of developing the ones that already exist.

>Cassie doesnt even exist in the Rebirth Universe and no that Titans of Tomrrow doesnt count.
I mean, that is kinda obvious foreshadowing that she'll show up eventually.

Lyta and Hector Hall are radioactive due to the bullshit that Neil Gaimen pulled on the two in Sandman.

Basically no one can touch them anymore and in the case of Lyta, when they did New 52, they had to turn her into a Donna Troy double and went explicitly out of their way to not identify her until for nearly a year as Lyta.

Hell, Geoff Johns was barely allowed to bring her back in JSA and even then, was forced to both do a fake out/reveal she was Dove in disguise before halfassedly bringing her back in Princes of Darkness on the sly and even then, had to rekill her off once Neil found out what he did and demanded her killed off again along with Hector (who Geoff brought back because no one bothered to tell Neil that he was alive again).

Steve Rogers was basically a one-dimensional cipher who existed simply so WW could have a man and be kidnapped and shit like Lois Lane.

The only difference between Steve and Lois though, is that Steve had zero personality; which made him a bore and why writers later killed him off like they did in the 1970s.

Perez ultimately decided to just excise him from the entire franchise Post-Crisis outside a couple of issues when the series first launched (and cowritten by a guy who quickly left the book) and no one really gave a fuck.

It was Geoff Johns who had the hard-on for bringing him back, which was a disaster since Geoff's Steve was a huge piece of shit who stalked WW constantly and basically gaslighted the entire JLA into turning against Martian Manhunter (along with refusing ALL new members) because Steve had puffed himself up in the media as the "8th Man" on the team and was dead set on making sure no one else joined and threatened his reflected glory.

Right, few things. Sandman is separate from the main DCU, so what happened in it doesn't really matter. Second, Rebirth Lyta would be a different version of the character, since she'd be the one native to the mainline continuity. Third, and most importantly, who the fuck is Gaiman to demand characters be killed off? Dude didn't create her, and he sure as fuck don't own her.

Y'know, I've enjoyed some stuff by Gaiman, but he seems like a bit of a tosser.

She's been YAS Fury's daughter since Post-Crisis though New 52 created a new WW daughter version of Fury that was more of a Donna Troy lookalike.

IIRC there was an arc in Legends of the DC Universe written by Phil Jimenez, that brought the YAS 40s Fury back and arc welded her into WW lore (Perez ignored Ordway's retcon creation and Ordway went out of his way to not connect YAS directly to the Amazons). YAS appeared a couple of times in Jimenez's WW but IIRC was last scene in Infinite Crisis, when the Amazons phase shifted to another dimension and didn't come back with the rest of the Amazons

I don't think Gaiman cares as much as you think. DC has a habit of pushing a new Dr Fate legacy character every couple of years, because nobody outside of a few power level fags cares about Dr Fate.

Reminder this was the same period where Space Cop Hawkgirl was killed off despite cartoon popularity. DC tried shilling Reincarnation Hawkgirl in her own solo comic to earn cartoonfags money. It made zero sense because Kendra and Shayera are not interchangeable.

>once Neil found out what he did and demanded her killed off again along with Hector (who Geoff brought back because no one bothered to tell Neil that he was alive again).
links?

web.archive.org/web/20071015185912/forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=129681

>Gerber: I’ve basically been campaigning for another shot at the character ever since. After thirty years, DC finally said yes! (laughs) Of course, by the time I got it, the character had accumulated a continuity as convoluted as…well, I think its only serious rival is Hawkman, in terms of how many revamps, reboots, and revisionist histories it’s undergone. Nobody could really make sense of it anymore.

Looking at old interviews, it honestly seems to be Gerber and DC editorial's fault.

Oof. So it looks like Gerber had been petitioning to write Dr. Fate for years, finally got his hands on him after Infinite Crisis, and then immediately died.
I wonder when the decision to kill off Hector again was made, because it sounds like Gerber wanted him for a long time, and then had this miniseries delayed from after Infinite Crisis
>NRAMA: The series was delayed from its initial launch. Are you willing to talk about the reasons behind that?

>SG: Sure – the reason was me. I’ve been having health problems, and they’ve interfered with my writing of the book. There were a couple of other factors involved, including settling on an artistic team, but far and away, the main reason was my health.
>SG: It’s just a fact of life, it’s something I have to deal with. Naturally, I’d be very happy if there were, you know, a “cure” for this, but there isn’t. I’ve got fibrosis of the lungs, and it’s a…so far slow-but-progressive disease that, if not treated, will ultimately off me.

>I’m moving toward getting on the lung transplant list at UCLA. And, hopefully, I will have a newly-refurbished pair of lungs (laughs) to breathe with in a little while. We’ll see what happens.
He managed to get seven issues of "Countdown into Mystery" out, then died.

It's worth mentioning Lyta's return coincided with David Goyer leaving co-writing duties on JSA. Goyer's last arc was Princes of Darkness, which was the Dove reveal. Lyta's actual return was in Black Reign, which was a Hawkman / JSA crossover and written after Goyer's departure.

I remember one user who observed how the Hector looks for his wife sub-plot felt like a writing conflict between Johns and Goyer because of how meandering and convoluted it was.

The issue is that you'd largely be doing it to ape a trend rather that doing it because it could provide for good storytelling.

I think the thing that really should separate WW from Batman and Superman is that she has a lot of friends. Sure, Batman has his sidekicks and allies, Superman has his family, the Daily Planet staff, and the rest of his Metropolis buddies, but Diana should be Kim Possible levels of "I know a guy." When there is a big shit-just-got-real moment in her comics Diana should be able to show with a superteam's worth of friends, a platoon or two of special forces/black ops types, and a villain or three.

>the Rebirth Universe
It's still New 52.

That will never happen. She already has one of the biggest casts but like user said no one wants to write the previous ones. They all want to leave a mark on Diana and have their story be the long Halloween of All star superman.
Few writers give a shit about Diana and her mythos but they arent allowed tostay on..

To be fair the last writer who really gave a shit about Diana wasted his run on retcons and Veronica Cale. Heinberg has a very obvious love of the character, but his run was pretty crappy. Simone wasn't bad either, and had a good handle on her villains, but kinda fizzled out. I think that Azz, for writing a run completely divorced from everything, had a really nice take on Diana.

>Steve Trevor as a Stay-At-Home Dad.
I don't see it happening, but he could take a desk job that doensn't have him out in the field much so he could raise their kid.

I thought this version of Fury was pretty cool.

why not give wonder woman a son and it will still be Super 'Sons'

The issue with Super Sons is that Jon and Damian have a very established dynamic as a duo, making it a trio without very careful consideration and balancing would ruin the dynamic.

Because Lyta already exists. WW has been especially harmed by introducing way too many new characters nobody does anything with.

Besides, Diana is already the third wheel in the Trinity, her daughter doesn't need to suffer the same fate.

Let's be honest, making a character a father is easy because you don't have to deal with everything related with being in gestation.

Batman discovered he had a son way after his birth. I don't know how it happened for Superman but I doubt the author spent a lot of time on pregnant Lois and baby Jon.

With Wonder Woman, because she's the main character, either you do a time skip and you break any continuity to give her a 10 years old child. Or you show her having and raising her child and I'm not sure most comics readers would be interested.

If only Wonder Woman was a bear and could give birth while hibernating.

>Brave and the Bold
>opens with Diana and Steve having sex
>suddenly visited by a fertility god
Hm.

Bump.

She absolutely exists in Rebirth retard