Ignore old fanbase to cater to dinsey princess brats

>ignore old fanbase to cater to dinsey princess brats
>insult fanbase by calling them misogynists for not liking how theyre effeminating and ruining the franchise
>cartoon and movies caterd to girls underperform sevrely, and the dolls shelf warm
P O E T R Y

I wanted to like Star Wars Forces of Destiny but the show is kinda boring and the dolls aren't that good. They should've copied DC Superhero Girls show and dolls.

>getting this mad at a cartoon aimed at little girls

They Can add More Character Like Han Ezra Kanan Luke
and I am Pretty sure they can do better story
Ahsoka get to have Great story and action

Who the fuck's that broad behind Jyn?
And why's Jyn getting cut off by the edge of the screen?
Also Leia has just less detail in her face than anyone else.

>not getting mad at disney ruining yet another franchise by tunring it into another princess shit franchise
Cant wait for everything fox owns to be caterd only to little girls and have PG ratings only

You realize this little girl's show does not destroy all the other shit, right? Not everything has to be specifically catered to you. Star Wars has been doing this wide demographic approach to merchandising for literally 40 years.

If it was just this stupid cartoon then fine. But what im talking about is evident in every sequel film as well

You're right. It's everything else Disney Lucasfilm is doing that's ruining all the older, existing material. They've made it abundantly clear they no longer give a shit about the old fans. I just wish it would backfire. Sadly the most brainwashed/battered housewife fans won't just let go.
But, hey. Hasbro's none too happy with the merch sales numbers so maybe something will happen.

I gave up on the new movies already, anything non-Rebels is just a trash fire. And I am all out of popcorn........... damn.

Wtf, they all look the same.

>I just wish it would backfire. Sadly the most brainwashed/battered housewife fans won't just let go.
All the die hard fans are starting to get piss off, and TLJ underperformed badly. Releasing a star wars film every year, especially a bad one, is going to create fatigue rather quickly

>calls including women "effeminating and ruining the franchise"
>is angry and shocked when called a misogynist

>it's another "Sup Forums can't be bothered to keep their shitposting in the Star Wars general" episode

>non-Rebels is just a trash fire

Rebels is also shit user.

There is nothing that isn't shit.

Not our fault the new characters aren't popular.

>less than half love Vader
All this is proving is that the majority of adult fans have shit taste

I'm seeing a rift in fans I know irl between those who are literally saying they've been wrong most of their lives about being Star Wars fans and those who are so stuck in that they look like Rich Evans yelling I FUCKING LOVE STAR WARS.
That first one was the saddest thing I've ever read, to see a grown man and business owner back away from what looked like true adoration for a franchise and universe.

Keep your feminsit girl power shit from ruining good things you fucking cunt

I love how you can tell just from their frozen faces and emotionless eyes that this entire thing is an elaborate marketing campaign made up to sell the dolls

No one is "angry or shocked" to be called a misogynist, you get called that for accidentally looking at a woman these days.

It says "favorable impression", so it's leading people into giving negative responses to villains because they're villains.

These movies broke me up so much that i hate what star wars has become. Im seriously depressed that this is happening to star wars, and many other things i used to like. I mean, you have stuff like pitch perfect and yaoi anime, stop invading male franchises and ruining it with your feminine shit

>finn
>surprised he didn't sell well
no one wants a doll of a black guy

vader also has been shilled out the most.
as soon as the new movies were announced vader was pumped out in masse to toy stores and shoved into everything they could possibly fit it in.

You're pretty mad huh?

>watch the heroes you've grown up admiring get trotted out for big screen summary execution on a bi-yearly basis
>dislike that
>get called a misogynist or a nazi

Disney put way too many chips on Rey when the trilogy isn't even over yet. When TLJ opened we didn't even know what her role would be. Then right after Disney decided Star wars is now something to target at girls. They're trying way too hard, girls who liked Rey would've just watched the movies anyway and if they wanted toys, they'd have just bought the toys that are already there.

Sorry user, but I will decide for myself what it, and isn't shit.

For example, (you) are shit.

Why leftists get to say the most hateful abusive shit on twitter, but whenever someone criticizes them for it their account gets deactivated and you cant create another?

star wars is bad and was always bad

unfortunately finn and rey have no excuse for being so unpopular

>>watch the heroes you've grown up admiring get trotted out for big screen summary execution on a bi-yearly basis
Bro are you serious? Han and Luke died oh noooooo!!
Did you think they were immortal? People die.
I didn't even like the Last Jedi that much and I thought Luke's death was dumb as hell but I'm not gonna lose my shit over some REEEE GIRL POWER FEMINAZIS delusion.

>disney fag flipping out because no one liked nu wars

>flipping out
Yeah, I'M flipping out and not Mr. Seething here

Have fun watching males become a cultural black sheep and having all movie franchises become romcom shit, you filthy lazy cuck

>Disney

I think it's pretty much Kathleen Kennedy who is behind this.

>cultural black sheep
You are so delusional dude. How can you even live like this.
If you get this worked up over a woman having a lead role then I hope it happens to all your ""beloved"" franchises.

When is someone going to kill her already

>Han abandons the NR, Leia and goes off to be a smuggler again
>Luke turns out to be a wannabe child murderer.

TLJ/TFA were pure character assassination for people who loved the OT.

I never said anything about REEE GIRL POWER FEMINAZIS.
My gripe is with the way I'm being symbolically cast aside by the brutal discarding of the original trilogy's heroes and their legacies/accomplishments. And thanks for proving my point by immediately trying to turn me into a mean nasty sexist strawman.

>the aliens and single black woman are all the way in the back
You can not make this shit up

Nice try, cunt. Its much more then a woman having a lead role and you know it. Go back to sucking mickeys dick and fuck off

I don't even disagree, but pretending it's because of some feminist plot to undermine men is really fucking stupid user.

at least the asian is up front

Then why do you call everyone who doesnt like it sexist misogynists, you fucking hypocrite

Why do people like you always pop up to defend business malpractice?

>Releasing a star wars film every year, especially a bad one, is going to create fatigue rather quickly

Doesn't matter if it's a bad one. One a year really IS too much.
I have nothing against Star Wars product aimed at either kids or girls as long as there's plenty aimed at guys too. The anti-girl rage here is nuts.

Post cute Reys

>The anti-girl rage here is nuts.
Its completely justified since how they compeltly insult the real fans and are trying to co opt it into being “progressive”

I don't until they start losing their shit like OP and reeeeing over feminism.

The same reason console wars exist. People have no real ideals to get behind so they rally behind corporations. They want a hill to die on.

>One a year really IS too much.
This star wars doesn't have the ability to pull it off like marvel does, half of the movies are gonna be prequels of some sort so there isn't really a flowing narrative unlike marvel which plenty people watch just because the next movie is gonna require you to watch this one.

A piece of media cannot be retroactively ruined. It is crystalized in its original form. Star Wars was always lowest common denominator shlock by the way, you have shit taste and are just mad that the LCD has shifted. Boys don't play with action figures anymore but girls still play with dolls, it's simple dollars and cents.

>I don't until
>until
Thansk for outing yourself

>The anti-girl rage here is nuts.
Because girls literally have no taste so anything aimed at them is almost always intrinsically worse than if it was aimed at boys

>A piece of media cannot be retroactively ruined. It is crystalized in its original form.
I don't know Lucas really tried to make sure the original form wouldn't see the light of day again.

You're not making any sense.
Yeah, I call people misogynist when they are being misogynist. It wasn't a secret.

>Boys don't play with action figures anymore
Youre full of shit. Also im mad that any chance of new star wars films and the sequel trilogy that ive waited for since i was a child has been ruined

And yet it does.

Because he is not in charge anymore.

>I call people misogynist when they are being misogynist.
Hating a bad movie isnt misogynist, and yet you have no mind flipping out like a hambeast when a movie triggers you just becasue it sexualizes a woman

>I've waited for since I was a child
So you like major studios dumping garbage onto the floor and you eating it up like a pig? You're barely human.

I was expecting them to be good and make star wars good again, shithead

>girls literally have no taste so anything aimed at them is almost always intrinsically worse than if it was aimed at boys

Actual guy here. Stop trying to do me favors.

Reasons are irrelevant. The pirated version was popular when he was in charge.

>it's okay if he tried to murder everyone, he failed, so let's instantly forgive and ignore it forever

The people running SW and LFL aren;t visionary or franchise producers, like their equivalent running the MCU. Kennedy doesn't have an eye for the distinction between crafting a series of standalone films and crafting a franchise, and even if she did Star Wars has a much more tightly involved narrative tradition than Disney's mostly-standalone Marvel films. Moreover, she hasn't hired people that *do* have those things - JJ's handling of Cloverfield or Star Trek shows it.

REPRESENTATION IS EVERYTHING!

>I wanted a story that was over since the early 80s to get sequels because my tiny brain literally can't handle new stories
>BUT IT WAS GONNA BE GOOD

Here's the thing about fangirls, they move on very quickly. They will drop any series the moment another series jingles its keys.

>invading male franchises
Oh shut the fuck up faggot. Fujos have been supporting anime/manga since Devilman, and creators have pandered to them.
You have a legitimate excuse when they make a shonen MC gay. But that has never happened and probably never will.
Fuck off brainlet.

Why does the black person have to stand in the back of the group shot? That's racist as hell. Come to think of it, she kind of looks like smug Pepe.

>Boys don't play with action figures anymore but girls still play with dolls
Doll collector here, I wanted to like them but Forces of Destiny aren't good dolls because most of their clothes are molded on and the vast majority of the characters in the line are wearing shades of beige.
They didn't even include Padme who seems tailor made for fashion dolls.

I have nothing against putting more female characters in Star Wars, but the problem is no one wants to buy merch of them because their designs are so bland, just like everything else in the ST.

Nothing I said support's Lucas' endeavors, in fact it just supports my idea that an iconic piece of media is nearly impossible to tarnish once it's finished. Fucking SWfags really are the most retarded people on the planent

I found the FoD Rey and Leia in the free bin at an estate sale. What do I do with them?
>inb4 hotglue

Abrams still hasn't learned his lesson from Lost that mysteries are fine as long as you actually have an answer to it. You don't need to give the answer but having one is better than not.

I'm not saying they did a good job, just that they made a logical choice as to what they're making.

It's a shame the general public has no taste and disliked R1, because Edwards seems to have done a good job. And let's not forget she fired Lord and Miller who are proven god damned successes.

Modern fourth wave feminism in a nutshell.

Whatever the reasons why, there's something very odd about Disney buying Star Wars and Marvel to widen their demographic and sell things to boys, only for Marvel comics and Star Wars movies to start trying to aim themselves at a female audience instead.

Episodes 7-8 and Rogue One had women and minorities as the heroes, maybe an alien or two in the background, while the villains are almost entirely White men. That's not something that happens by accident, with no agenda behind it.

At least im not so stupid to have enjoyed TLJ
Stuff hollywood makes on its own is usually shit now, take your “sequels are bad” autism back to Sup Forums and stay there

I don't think she fired them because of "creative difference", she fired them because she can't control them. RJ despite the disaster of TL manages to get an entire trilogy because he is willing to listen to her idiocy (which is demanding shit like SuperLeia being added into the movie) and the rest of the LFL bureaucracy.

>implying being a franchisefag, especially this one, is not as Sup Forums as it gets
Kill yourself

Thats ketsu from rebels. Might actually be one of the worst characters in the show but shes voiced by gina torres so people give her a pass

>crop of best girl

This is for (you)

I hated TLJ bro.
I was just calling you out for being retarded when it comes to the anime industry.

Just masturbate with them. Wrap their arms and legs around your dick.

>people are still butthurt about TLJ

inb4 soyboy/cuck/mouskeeter/whatever other buzzword they use

Also inb4 seething as a response

>girls still play with dolls
true but they don't like star wars dolls and the sales prove that
trying to put a square peg into a round hole, no matter how hard they try to force it, girls aren't superfans of star wars who will buy all the merch instead they are driving away all of their loyal neckbeards who did lap up their shit

As disgusted as I am with myself, seeing people who actually like TLJ and TFA makes me really angry. I gave Star Wars my life and it has betrayed me.

I haven't seen forces of destiny but I watched the first season of dc superhero girls and it was trash.

Are you me? I hate what these movies have made me. I never used to hate, or even dislike, changes to things I enjoyed.

The movie changes are backfiring though.
But yeah the idea of making a girls show for Star wars is fine even if it was poorly executed.

That survey only takes into account adults.

>"MOOOOOMM! I saw non-whites in a movie!!"

The criticism that Star Wars fans are whiny entitled manbabies who don't like women is mostly true
But Disney stupidly doesn't understand that those manbabies are the sole reason Star Wars is still so big, and that casual fans can't really support all the spinoffs, they just watch the main movies if they hear good word-of-mouth and will only buy costumes and shit during Halloween.
They're cutting ff their nose to spite their face.

>Did you think that the heroes of the original trilogy didn't completely fail at stopping the Empire and also at every other aspect of their lives?
I'm pretty sure that was the general consensus up until Darth Abrams and his apprentice Rian showed up, yeah.

>The criticism that Star Wars fans are whiny entitled manbabies who don't like women is mostly true
This failed attack again? Just saying it enough won't make it true.

I don't like the new direction that Star Wars is going, but getting this worked up over a direct to YouTube show is retarded. Also, "malpractice"? You need to get a grip