Peter Parker needs to be the only Spider-Man

Why are Miles Morales, Spider-Gwen, Silk, and Jessica Drew are all pointless characters?

Jessica Drew is not pointless, she's Captain Marvel's love interest.

I think an easy solution would be to move them to a different city. Something as simple as shipping Kaine to Houston really helped him feel different to Peter.

And Venom operated in San-Francisco in his original antihero days as well

There is a batfamily, why shouldn't we have spiderfamily?

The Bat family each have different names, and their own merits, skills and backstories.
The "Spiderfamily" all leech off of the success of Peter Parker and the fame of the name Spider-Man.

In-universe?

Spider-gwen is out of the universe.
Silk rarely talk to peter or even got her own comics.
Miles is out of the universe and usually treated as his own hero.
Also OP, You forgot Kaine and ben reily.

I think the whole Clone Saga thing was self evidently unnecessary.

Silk would work better as a one-shot series about parallel worlds where Peter wasn't bitten at all.

Sort of a Chrono Cross story.

Ben Reily is actually pretty cool, though.

You don't play favorites OP.

>kill silk the mary sue
>keep spiderwoman
>replace miles for a younger 616 version
>send gwen back to her dimension, build the dimensional wall and make her universe pay for it

Miles got melded into 616 after Secret Wars III.

I hardly think Jessica counts as a family member. She has next to no relation to Peter, and was merely made to copyright the name. But you're right, there is a messy "Spider-Family", it's just that most are either MIA or irrelevant. The only relevant names that come to mind are Miles and Ben I think.

The problem is that they're all lumped in fucking New York. Why can't Miles be the "Spider-Man of The Ultimate Universe"? No one cares about the number of Supermen over at DC, because they're both different and spaced out

Totally pointless.
Peter Parker is so intrinsic to Spider-Man that to do away with him destroys the point of the character, Spider-Man is not a mantle. Spider-Man is a persona that Peter created for himself when he was fifteen, it was a way for the shy, introverted nerd to express himself and show the world who he truly was without giving away his secret identity. As Peter got older, entered college, matured, grew bolder and more confident, the gap between him and Spider-Man shrank to the point of non-existence.

That's honestly something they could stand to do with a lot of heroes.

Peter anf Kaine only and in an alt universe there's Mayday.

Everyone else GTFO.

I think Miles is artificially relevant. Imagine he was made at the same time as Ben, would he come up half as often, or would he be a 90s version of that time Lois Lane was turned into a black woman?

Jeepers. They actually did that?

>Mayday
Who?

The insular nature of superhero comics leads to them feeling really cramped to me. I miss Wonder Woman going around London underground rock concerts.

The "Bat Family" actually acts like a family, with Bruce and/or Alfred acting as a patriarch and the others falling into various sibling roles. The "Spider Family" is largely disconnected and does not have that kind of simulated familial relationship.

>>Mayday
>Who?
Take a jump off a tall building you fucking degenerate.

user, she doesn't exist any more.

Spider-Man is Peter Parker, Peter Parker is Spider-Man. Miguel O'Hara, Miles Morales etc. They're not Spider-Men. They just happen to be people who possess the proportionate abilities of a spider and go around cosplaying as Spider-Man, Miguel's a great alternative to Spider-Man but he's still not Spider-Man. Miles isn't even a great alternative, I've got no idea why some people like him more than Peter or what Peter killed off so Miles can replace him.

How does every single one of Miles' adventures go again? Oh, that's right. 'Oh no, one of the original Spider-Man's rogues is attacking me because I don't actually have any original villains myself! That's right, not one original bad guy to my name after seven years of publication! What do I do?! What would Peter Parker do?! I'm so screwed! Wait, I know! Venom Blast! Oh yeah! I took them down in one hit, without getting tagged a single time! It's totally not OP and ridiculously repetitive!'

Aunt May Spider-Man?

Fuck right off with that dogshit. Ridiculous.

Current Scarlet Spider ongoing good as an alternative for how bad the current Amazing run is, what do I need to read beforehand?

There's only one successor to Spider-Man.

YOU DON'T EXIST ANYMORE!

Don't be mean.

Most of those characters are more interesting than Pete has been in years, and have better books.

Also,

>Jessica Drew
>having anything to do with Spiderman

silk was created because of yellow fever and to be used as a plot device for a poorly done arc
Hell she changed her name to silkworm

I don't think comic readers are any more welcoming of existentialism than vidya players.

I think he got four original villains in the ultimate universe. There were a Mexican scorpion and prowler, a black taskmaster, and a black venom (which he was quickly killed).

She does though, she was just in that awful spider-verse book.

Miles would be the John/Kyle to Peter's Hal

Kaine would be Guy

The fact that there are so many Spider-people kills my interest in Spider-Man. It makes him seem way less unique and special. The same shit is happening to Wolverine now, even worse.

I am completely fine with Miles and Spider-Woman because they have pretty different power sets from Peter.

Because they're boring by design are all written by hacks. Only way to fix them is going the soft remake route, Kaine style.

So why doesn't Marvel want them to hang out regularly?

Is it so it doesn't dilute the sales of pointless crossovers?

Have Kaine stick with Ben and stay in Nevada. They are both good characters and have differed themselves enough from Peter to warrant staying around.

Miles is in the process of getting his own identity which I hope sticks but he should be a sidekick for a while.

Spider-gwen i'm hoping ends - it was a nice idea but it didn't work out. Don't bring her back.

Silk will fade into obscurity so who cares.

The Parker family in renew your vows can stay, i like the parent dynamic and it's charming in it's own right.

I'd like Mayday and Miguel to turn up every now and then as people Parker is aware of but not overstay their welcome.

Actually I wouldn't mind some stories that tie Peter to Mayday or Miguel in the same way that Deadpool did with 2099.

I see no good reason to have brought Miles into the main universe. He was a proper legacy hero in 1610 and now has nothing going for him anymore. Don't know why Marvel doesn't push Anya Corazon more, she has a cool origin that doesn't involve being a clone or being bit by a spider, and she's a female hispanic so she checks those diversity boxes, but by all means let's give a solo to Gwen Stacy Spider-Girl. L.A., Seattle, Chicago, and San Diego are all big cities that could use a Spider-person, why the fuck are they all in New York?

Only Kaine, Ben, and Pete do.

Silk is the only one I find remotely interesting, and they kinda ruined it with the childish waifu shit they put in the character

I think there should be an event called Spider-cide, in which all Spider-related characters except Peter die from a illness

They're all flash, no substance. Each one surpasses Peter in some way, either by raw powers or simply having tits. But none of them have staying power because none of them are relatable like Peter.

I mean, the thinking was that the Ultimate Universe was obsolete and had nothing left running in it except Miles, so they killed it off to not be 'confusing' and retained him.

But they immediately made that choice confusing by maintaining a stand alone universe for Gwen and dumping a bunch of Ultimate stuff on the X-Men. If they were going to do that, why not just keep Ultimate Spider-Man running? Even if they didn't want the UU's baggage, they could have just jettisoned it, nobody would care.

It seems outlandishly racist at first, but the ultimate lesson learned from the issue was to respect each other as people. The ending was actually pretty nice.

Nobody is as relatable as the 30 year old supermodel boning genius billionaire who runs Parker Industries

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. Billionaire Peter was a mistake, and its been undone now. He's poor again.

That's actually worse, because it's both unbelievable and trite.

So, 616-exclusive Spiderverse.

I don't think anyone can relate to anything Slott writes.

They're not. They all have things that make them valuable.

Like none of them are "Spider-Man, except," and listing Jessica Drew must be a troll.

>Like none of them are "Spider-Man, except,"
Out of all these bland shits, Miles is literally just that.

you forgot the obligatory "You ain't spider-man" "You're THE Spider-man"

Why not? It's time to trim the Spider-fat. Make Peter the carrier, immune to it, and the only solution is to send the other Spider's off to other dimensions or off planet.

She literally calls herself Spider-Woman.
If she has nothing to do with Spider-Man, she needs to pick a different name.

Miles is an OP gary stu character and doesn't earn anything. Venom blast is fucking nonsense.
Miles needs to be erased from Marvel ASAP.

Or are just killed off and Peter is the last one standing.

That's not the Peter we're talking about. All that stuff is just nonsense.

Do you not know the history of Spider-Woman?

It is not like spider-man is trademark name in universe.

You're retarded

Peter>Kaine>Ben>Miles>Miguel>Drew>Gwen=Silk
Fight me

Anything can be fixed or removed with the proper story

616 Parker needs to die and get replaced by an alternate reality Peter who doesn't suck so much.

How about 616 Peter meets Ditko-era Peter. Ditko Peter hates what 616 Peter has become and decides he will help him get his shit together?.

Where's Annie and Mayday on that list?

I don't fight retards.

People really hated Ben.

>Anything can be fixed or removed with the proper story

See also: Silk

Her solo is a real good book and in no small part because her writers just immediately tossed all of Slott's cringe stuff in the trash or revised it to not be stupid

Miguel> Kaine > Ben > Peter > Miles > Silk > Gwen.

Drew doesn't belong on the list because despite being called Spider Woman she's off doing her own thing and she doesn't have the same powers. She should be kept separate.

i still don't understand the chunky black lines on the homecoming suit design

You act like was need a "No more Spiders" moment. People love Pete and consider him a cultural icon. The rest a shit sans the clones and main universe Jessica.

I wouldn't mind seeing them all just work together. It would be cool to see Peter grow and mature as a character into a leadership position, and with his sense of responsibility it makrs sense for him to take a mentorship/moral guidance role as team lead.

But this is Marvel we're talking about, so he'll just continue to piss about fighting the Green Goblin and reminding us that Gwen Stacy and Uncle Ben died.

Her solo was trash, but to be fair she is a fanfiction tier character so is hard to make something good with her.

>616 Jessica not a shit
The only Jessica that anyone actually liked was a clone.
And that was only because she was cute and had a good costume

What you're pitching is fucking boring. No one wants to read about a spider squad. We already have a shitty cartoon about that. Stop relegating Spider-Man to just another face in the spider crowd.

Peter was XY. She is XX, so technically NOT a clone as they'd need a donor X or a modification of the original one.

Why couldn't they bring her back? :(

>No one wants to read about a spider squad.

There already a game about it and several comics.

They did.

But who knows if it will amount to anything.

Because they're just "Spider-Man but X" and it stops there.

I really like bottom right costume

Who is that

spider-gwen

It really made him worse in the long run. Peter complaining about being poor but still hero'ing and getting by I can live with. Post "I was rich you know!" Peter complaining about being poor but doesn't stop complaining about being poor WHILE hero'ing is fucking annoying. That Peter should have lasted one issue gotten a talking to by Human Torch and moved the fuck on. Hell, him running his own section of the Bugle should be great but we don't really see it in action. But that's a discussion for another thread.

I got ya mate.

>>Mayday
>instantly assumes that it's Aunt May

Unless you're not serious, please, neck yourself.

It's actually saddening that the only actually decent, God forgive me, (((Legacy))) characters are stuck in the limbo due to being either forgotten or misused, while garbage tier Spiders see more spotlight than the entirety of Hollywood. Mayday and Miguel didn't deserve this fate.

Bu-but he looks like me user! so relatable

Spider-Gwen's secret identity is literally in her fucking name.
Miles is just another token black character to cater to those whiny sjw types.
Jessica and Silk have bullshit origin stories. Jessica is experimented on with spider DNA or some other shit, so it's basically just taking elements of Peter's origin instead of giving her a unique origin.
Silk is shoehorned into Peter's origin story.
His fucking origin story for fuck's sake. That is a big no-no for comics. and she's a completely convoluted and unnecessary character who serves no purpose other than the whole weird pheromone shit.
Peter Parker is the only Spider-Man and that's how it should have always been. But now, it's just a complete mess, with Spider characters all over the shop.
Marvel has been going downhill since 2010 and it's still descending. I wouldn't think it would be long before their comic industry completely crashes and burns. But they'll still be able to fund it from all the billions of dollars they're making from movies in the MCU.
RIP Marvel Comics.

>Spider-Gwen's secret identity is literally in her fucking name.
I sense you're going to pull "I don't care about her comic book, fuck off, filthy degenerate" card, but that moniker issue is explained in the fucking description of the comic book. In her universe she's known as Spider-Woman, Spider-Gwen is a moniker for the readers.

Kaine is cool

The current Scarlet Spider series follows on directly from The Clone Conspiracy, but you should do yourself a favour and skip that. The recap in the first issue will tell you what you need to know.

I'm glad someone else sees how absurd the situation is.

>Miles better than Miguel

You're goddamn right I'll fight you.

Secret Wars IV
III was that FF arc that DeFalco forced Englehart to write.

Wouldnt mind it, since renew your vows is around. Miles just needs his own identity.

I miss her, guys.

Miles is a far superior Spider-Man both physically and storywise

Heh.

You can't be serious.

>Marvel did nothing for her twentieth anniversary, not even variant covers
>if Spider-Gwen lasts long enough, they'll probably treat her fifth anniversary like it's a special occasion