OHWatta-Goo-Siam!

TCB

YEAH!

So is he Shazam Jr. now?

ohhh I'm not feeling too gooooooood

DEATH TO WHITES

NOT HOW IT WORKS STRIKE

that's exactly how copyright works

if he even tries saying Captain Marvel in his movie DC and Marvel's 1973 legal settlement in which DC promised to never again attempt to use the name Captain Marvel for marketing purposes will be invoked and the movie will be pulled from theaters until it can be redubbed and all references removed

a court will literally order that

it's like YouTube except a bot doesn't act as the judge

SOUNDHOUND!

>I read a blog now I think I know the laws

He's been called captain marvel as recently as like 2010 you stupid fuck. And that's billy not junior. Marvel has a trademark not a copyright. DC could call Billy Captain Marvel in the comics and in the entire movie if they wanted to. The name just can't be used in promo or merch.

/thread

>Being this confident while also being this much of a fucking fool

Zippydoo zippyday you're all now gay

HEY, REMEMBER ME?!

He's never been called it in marketing materials.

If he were to use it as his catchphrase/trigger phrase, it would be all over the marketing for this movie, and Marvel would likely apply to the courts to shut the fucker down, and succeed in their application.

Marvel's trademark hasn't been opposed by DC since they first rented the character from what was left of Fawcett in the 1970s, and the settlement between DC (who initiated legal proceedings against Marvel, not the other way around, after the rental took place - thinking "pre-existing" meant "primacy" as you seem to) specifically prohibits DC from using the name in this way.

In niche comics at DC there's little argument to be had; anybody still buying them likely knows who Shazam was originally (though he is Shazam now - as you yourself point out, for the better part of a decade) so there's nothing to argue.

In a mass-market movie intended to form part of the DCEU? Yeah, fuck 'em. There's no way they're even going to allude to the name. He's Shazam forever.

You burned yourself.

>Holy macaroni

user you really need to stop being so confident. You're wrong. Plain and simple. You're wrong.