ITT: Post shows you thought were going to be shit, but were actually really good

The trailer made this look like another Family Guy knockoff, but the actual show is really well written. Helps I’m a sucker for anything from the 70’s

It's like early Simpsons but TV-MA.

Turns out it's cute and funny.

I'm pretty sure you're both lying

That is faint praise indeed.

>The trailer made this look like another Family Guy knockoff, but the actual show is really well written.
This really. I avoided this since it looked like another Family Guy shitfest. Finally watched it a while back and loved it.
Yeah, I really got that "We're a bunch of losers, but we stick together" vibe from it.

>Why does your hand smell like butter?

I didn't like anything about this show
What's the appeal again?
It's just bill burr being an angry asshole to his kids, right?

The way he is an asshole is funny though, and there's also some shock value since it is rare to have a protagonist behaving in ways we would see as abusive nowadays. His anger is relatable given the situations he finds himself in.

What has Frank done to his kids that Homer hasn't?

yup, you literally watch the youngest son break from the abuse and turn into an asshole, it's fucking uncomfortable watching it happen with the 'oh he abuses them but loves them deep down' vibe it uses

Doesn't Homer generally get comeuppance, or show regret in some way

He regularly strangles Bart and nothing bad ever happens to him as a result.

Kids were not PC bitches back then, they took the abuse and it helped them build character.

Debunked as they were even bigger PC bitches back then.

I ought to take you behind the woodshed you little punk! Respect your elders.

True, now they're Android bitches.

Fucking crypto miners

What are you talking about? It shoves the abuse cycle in your face and rubs it around. Frank constantly bitches about how hard his dad treated him when he was a kid while shitting on Bill, then Bill farts out the insults Frank is constantly calling him on his friend.
It's not even being subtle about it

the co-showrunner used to be a Simpsons writer, late seasons though

Too late, he already has a GTX 1080 Ti with a Intel i9 running Windows 10 so he has a PC.
Also true.

>TFW im just as angry and bitter as the dad, except im half his age
I legit get as violent and pissed at the drop of a half, anger management has never helped and now im at a point where I try to avoid situations where ill snap at all because i dont want to get arrested

>people saying "F is for Family" is like The Simpsons

Nah. The only thing the shows have in common is they're slice-of-life shows that tackle topics of familial struggle. But that's where their similarities end. They can both can address similar issues (dad losing a job, kids not fitting in at school, unfulfilled housewife, marital struggles), but their approaches are very different.

"F" has a much harsher and generally volatile take on familial relations and life in general. Simpsons is much more lighthearted with its overall outlook. This isn't just because "F" is TV-MA while Simpsons is TV-14 or whatever; it's because they are telling very different kinds of stories about very different families.

>Wakfu
>Spectacular Spider-Man
>Batman Beyond
>Xiaolin Showdown
>Buddy Thunderstruck

but this show was shit, user.