ITT: You can only post in this thread if you're job/degree field cannot be taken over by robots

ITT: You can only post in this thread if you're job/degree field cannot be taken over by robots.

>BA in Queer Studies

robot maker

>inb4 robots making robots

lel, not making a robot that does that

>Queer Studies

>Shop teacher and mechanic
People still suck at learning things through the internet, so I'll last a while. And there's too many variables in being a mechanic for robots to take over anytime soon.

wrong

>wanting the opinion of a nigger who sharts his pants

Funeral Director here. Not that bots couldn't do my job, it'll just never happen.

What would you get out of Queer studies?
How to tell what a gay person's feelings?
Also, Chemical Engineering.

plasterer/painter
get fucked robots

phD in african gender studies
Implying its even possible to code a machine to be feminist enough not to implode.
CHECK MATE

>"many, many jobs"
>"magnificent jobs"

you dumb fuck burger$... it's gonna be ORGASMIC watching your collapse!

>Welding

I'm working on an IT bachelors

Athlete

mfw I use robot framework to automate software testing

What do you guys think of carpentry? Will robots take over that too?

Professional shitposter reporting in

Automation is a meme. Data mining machines ran the Clinton campaign. Look how well that went.

Jesus was a carpenter.

lol keep telling yourself that

plumber

dude, like the first industrial robots were made for welding

garage sale to ebay redistributor

Hm, how about underwater wielding?

while(1){
println("ARE YOU KIDDING ME??");
}

There, I just automated any possible job related to gender/woman studies

shills already use bots for shitposting

Where to study that here?

Trust Administration. By and large it's boring as hell, but has its exciting moments from time to time.

Taxi Driver

oh wait...

Welders are cheaper then robots for small workshops that have to do day to day welding.
You also need a robot that has the flexibility of a human being, it's pretty safe until we have androids.

just study engineering and focus on robotics

These gears wouldn't work

pretty sure an AI can do that

It's almost as if GD students are retarded.

Coroner. I honestly think they would never make jobs for this or even have the interest to do it if they could. Seems like a waste of money

robotics? engineering college, bro-ski

What is that, how much is average pay, and how do I get into that???

You can tell the person who made it couldn't meld the two stock gear images to look like real interlocking gears, so he just put them as close to touching as possible

Writer. No way in hell is a bot coming up with a creative Christmas video for a plumbing company the way I can.

>AUTOMATION IS TAKING OVER ALL THE JOBS
WE NEED TO CONTINUE TO FLOOD AMERICA WITH IMMIGRANTS BECAUSE JOBS WON'T GET DONE OTHERWISE
WE NEED TO CONTINUE TO FLOOD AMERICA WITH IMMIGRANTS BECAUSE JOBS WON'T GET DONE OTHERWISE

I work with the AIs to take over the world.

I grow weed..

Yeah but I meant what specific (good) college had that here in Argentina.

I work in IT and focus on security. It's one of those areas where you need to display initiative which is hard to make computer/robots do.

yesssssssss... everything will be alright in the end... your field tilling and process line slave cuck careers will always be their for you to toil in...

>No way in hell is a bot coming up with a creative Christmas video for a plumbing company the way I can
I don't know why I find this so funny but I do

America bro.
Go there and be an engineer.

AIs already write sports articles

You talking about yourself?

What happens when half the city population is gunning for your job?

Some day brah. I'm happy knowing that once I finish my engineering degree I will more easily and quickly be able to get into others.

Automation consultant.

Electro-Mechanical Technician
aka
Mechatronics
yeah, i fix the robots that replace niggers

Nigga same here

This job is too comfy

I hope you're not saying that's your degree. Jobs can't be taken over by robots because they don't exist.....
Engineering. I'm making the robots, bitches.

Depends what engineering you go for.
If you're a computer, Civil or industrial. Then you're fucked.

Im in UTN (call it shit if you want, faggot)
We have industrial robots

You can learn basic things like mechanics, electronics, hydraulics, pneumatics, computers, etc, and build from there
robots are a combination of lots of technologies

Acoustical/recording engineer. Once advanced AI can do all the science of my job I'll still be able to mix and master music. Not like robots are going to understand the aesthetic choices involved in tuning a kick drum or manipulating tasteful reverb characteristics for a saxophone.

Pilot/Aircraft Technician

Pilots will be replaced in the future, but there will never be an AI smart enough to autonomously inspect, maintain, and repair the most advanced aircraft on a case-by-case basis.

This. And even if a shop brings in robots to do the welding, robots are only effective in the flat, and horizontal positions. Even though the flat welding position is the most practical for penetration and fusion, there are often more jobs where there is no sense of practicality - such as being 2,000 feet high on a vessel or a building welding the I-Beams at seams.

Even the automated rolling welder developed by Miller is not being mass-manufactured, because the majority of pipelines in the US and Canada are protected by Labor Unions that intentionally keep humans working.

The Labor Unions will the the very last series of jobs taken away by automation - with the combination of massive drones that also operate as 3-D printers to develop structures from the ground-up without a human touching the material. Even then, there are aspects to this work that cannot be replaced without having humans on hand:

Pile Driving, Plumbing, and Electrical.

Robots will never ultimately replace these jobs because their skill requires curiosity - until curious emotion is automated, those jobs will be protected.

>assuming all robots will be arms forever
>assuming there wont be high mobility weld bots for rental

u know that

Software engineer. It will happen but not until I am much older.

Are you going for a master's in advanced sodomy afterward?

Why is that? The base (maths and such) is all the same.

UTN too (sistemas). That's good to know m8

You might as well say "well no jobs matter, we'll all become robots eventually!"

Professional unix nigga

These machines can barely keep themselves alive without human intervention, the machines designed to keep the machines alive would therefore require even more human intervention.

Thus, I will always have job security. Until skynet learn about cronjobs then I'm screwed.

what's it like working in chemical engineering user?

CE
Hopefully I'll be the one doing the automating

Answer my question here

in the future, queer studies will be a requirement to graduate high school. if there aren't enough real students we'll just teach robots.

Does being a paramedic count?