Whats the best stories about superman being well superman

whats the best stories about superman being well superman

Up Up and Away was great.

Certainly not
>RRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCK THE AUTHORITY HOW DARE YOU OUTSELL SUPERMAN
the comic

your probably right i still love this story, with the neck snapping and injustice series its nice to see superman be superman

hard mode no allstar

nice i might have a look for this, im on a superman kick at the moment

It's a nice read

Strength

clark kent is superman!!! i knew it

But he said everyone is Superman....which means that YOU are Superman!

im superman. i knew it

Easy, volume 3 of the Adventures of Superman digital first, but all three volumes are worthwhile

Why didn't you just say you don't actually read comics? MoS was fucking 5+ years ago and Injustice is secondary Sup Forums shit. Just fuck off.

i dont read superman and lately super books have been really spiteful

This miniseries is kind of obscure, but it really is Superman at his Superman-iest. Worth your time.

people have been mentioning this, i might check it out

Alan Moore's Supreme.

>If Bruce had checked his flashlight batteries he could have used the light to scare away the criminals in Crime Alley

>ITT Bendis asks us what our favorite moments are so he can have the artist reference them on a page destroying supermans entire canon.

For two years they've been great. Now they're ruining it spitefully with Bendis.

someone post rebirth superdad on the moon with the flag

Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?

Jesus Christ.

I don't know, it's often quoted as one of the greatest but Clark renouncing his powers, possibly leaving the world open to new threats is too anti-Superman a concept for me. Same thing that ruin Superman II for me.

Secret Identity gets to the meat and potatoes of Clark/Superman as the everyman.

I love when writers pull of the best trick of having Clark preserve is secret without ever lying.

From light understones, to dark ones. Just like the lighting in my heart. I never knew I should've checked my batteries in time...

>Being THIS much of an Ellisfag

No, they have not. Superman deserves better than Tomasi, Jurgens or Bendis.

Superman autistically threatening others is sure Superman being Superman.

All seasons is the one that really caught me, cried like a baby.

This story is pure Bronze Age Superman.

Last Days of Superman

I actually enjoy WsF but MoS posting just triggers the fuck out of me at this point. Sup Forums has made me a battered housewife.

Superman/Shazam First Thunder is an amazing story for both Captain Marvel and Superman.

Captures the feel of 'a small town' life so perfectly, also has one of the best pa Kent.

Superman earth one

I just read this. Thank you so much. I never wouldve known it existed. Wonderful tale

I think this series, three Superman vs collections, and the six part Death and Return of Superman series are my next binge when B&N does a DC buy three for two sale.

I personally adore Tomasi's run thus far.

Is it "the best" Superman story? No, but it's been a fantastic run.

The Authority has never outsold Superman.

Honestly it’s the filler that’s really brought it down. But I fucking love Manchester Black and I thought everything from Son of Superman to Black Dawn was great. I’m hoping this final Bizarro arc ends things on a good note.

It wasn’t that. It was
>Fuck all you faggots who are only interested in “edgy” or “broken” heroes who are barely better than the villains i.e. fags who say “Injustice Superman is the only interesting Superman”

While I agree is great it feels more like a cap story rather than supes.

How does it feel like a Cap story?

Since Brubaker Cap stories are nothing but him killing people.

It was
>The only way to stop edgy people is to out edge them.
>That'll show 'em.
It also showed that low iq burgers aren't fit for writing Superman.

But Superman didn't outedgy them. He just gave them a scare.

this is the best Superman series of the decade

so fun

his Majestic tooooo...

What does brubaker have to do with anything?

So you're saying he fundamentally misunderstood the intent behind the Authority.

Yep.

WHTTMOT is, at its essence, a tear-down of the Silver Age, which if all those elements - the Legion, Mxy, Biz, etc. all had disappeared the way Byrne and others were working towards or wanted, then it is simply a coda. As it is, in part, it's mean-spirited; even in Superman Reborn, which is one of the nastiest they's have had Mxy in decades, nothing he did was inherently just murder-balls evil intentions as it was in Whatever Happened.

Snoozefest

Grant Morrison new 52 was pretty stellar in my opinion.

JMS earth one superman is a really neat take on it but its hampered by uninteresting villains and JMS's word vomit

>i.e. fags who say “Injustice Superman is the only interesting Superman”
Literally fucking no one thinks that.
I love Dceu Superman for god's sake and I don't like Injustice Superman whatsoever.

>Superman autistically threatening others is sure Superman being Superman.
Superman threatening people is not out of character.

Bendis please get the fuck out and DO NOT write superman like this you fucking psychopath.

Bendis didn't write those books and if you think Superman threatening Banshee after on the previous page murdered 20-30 people and lined them up in the street is wrong for Superman to do YOU are the fucking psychopath.

Action Comics #1

>superman sobbing as he is forced to kill Zod a la death by cop to save humans isn't superman

lmao, it was superman-y than how he killed Zod in the comics.

>JMS earth one superman

It's one of the first things I read after being away from comic books for a while; I had problems with bits and pieces of it (the "what were you thinking" speech to the UN, for example), and the fact that the artist put Clark in a side/face view in almost all poses, but really liked the art and liked the idea of it. The villains were definitely the worse and most predictable thing about them.

I would like to see them do another trilogy with a different, more interesting plot/writer.

>clark bluntly admits to being superman when asked for his entire career
>no one ever believes him

my new headcanon

While I feel Syaf did get what was coming to him and he was never a great artist (when he wasn't painting that is) he did really good work for Vol.3.

I know bendis didn't write those. He made this thread though.

And no, I simply am not one of those fuckign faggot ass pussies who demands child molesters and rapists "have their fuckign cock cut off in public" and shit. Superman tells him he fucked up, hands his ass to the cops, says "I know how many bruises he has, don't add a single one" and moves on to the next crime.

If you think differently you don't like superman. You like the idea of him and want him to be more like you want him to be.

Haven't seen such an opinion as well. Have only seen my normie pal say that "Injustice showed Superman's true rotten self" (that was before BvS so he has barely heard of TDKR of couse)

>so he has barely heard of TDKR of couse
Oh great... a casual who thinks Superman was rotten in TDKR.

Please don't talk about that book to anyone in the world, I'm convinced that's why people feel so emboldened as to say it's "overrated" or even "trash" these days. If that's your view of Superman in it you didn't actually read it. You looked at the pictures.

anyone read that action with superman in wheelchair? i felt it was the true send off to the silver age supes, at the time the bronze age started with the soft reboot (that never took roots)

Last God of Krypton

They're saying that a great many readers did.

I know at least two people who believe this, and one who did believe this until I got him on some good Superman stories with tarditional Supes; even now, he still thinks Injustice makes the most logical sense as an endpoint for the character. He reads more comics than I do (albeit mostly Marvel), so he's not some ignorant normie, either. Many people actually believe Superman Classic is boring, bland, and uninteresting because of a combination of being too powerful and too morally upright.