Paranatural Duckpond

>hijack can't point without flippin the bird... but can he flip THIS bird's frown, upside down? find out next time on parana

>Thanks for reading! Me, I've been listening to Earthsea audiobooks, shouts out to Earthsea.

What is it that Lucifer sees coming that makes him think there's no hope? We have no idea what the stakes are yet and it's been almost six years.

How long is this going to be dragged on
Literally nothing interesting happened since last year

Fuck Namek

I feel like King Catnine supercharging Isaac's lightning in an attempt to straight up murder Spender was at least moderately interesting, even if it hasn't really gone anywhere.

I remember when those stakes were just "bully and journalist groups try to compromise secret spirit watching school club with internal relation problems"...

0 backgrounds.

Um, do you not see the color gradient in panel six

Didn't this comic used to have a plot in it?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH

This is what happens when you try to put too much development into 1 chapter.
>This chapter is about the Activity Club chasing a malicious spirit around the school.
>This chapter is about Isaac feeling disconnected from the rest of the club.
>This chapter is about Isabel's character development or something.
>This chapter is about a Hunter x Hunter ripoff dodgeball game.
>This chapter is about Lucifer and Spender keeping an extremely dangerous spirit from destroying everything.
>This chapter is about some weird power structure in the school that nobody really cares about.
>This chapter is about Ed thinking Isabel hates him or something (honestly don't remember what led up to this since it's been like half a decade).
>This chapter is about some weird self-aware character in the school cafetaria eating up several weeks of updates for seemingly no reason.
>This chapter is about 2 side characters going on a date.
>This chapter is about one of these characters' pet spirits spying on Spender and trying to become a hero like the "mother" he admires. >Also, some dude in a closet.
Cut out fucking everything except the parts where the kids are chasing a malicious spirit, Spender and Lucifer have to prevent a dark spirit from killing everything and the malicious spirit wants to be a hero like his mother, and you would have an infinitely better chapter even with the declining art. None of this other shit was necessary. Just save it for filler chapters.

He's managed a full weeks worth of updates. I might have to send him a medal.

Lucifer wasn't talking you, you crusty little scrote.

>This chapter is about Max and Isaac playing this middle school relationship soap opera bullshit

This is the problem with webcomics I find.
Working on a chapter day by day instead of all at once leaves you in many places at once, which isn't always helpful
I always really liked webcomics that posted a shit ton of updates at once because the updates were far more focused, homestuck and avas demon as examples
The only webcomic that I enjoy that isn't completely all over the place is Gunnerkrigg Court

holy fuck has this really been months of these two fucking characters DEBATING. Can Zach reach out to like an editor or someone who actually knows something about writing to help him out here?

There was an aborted fight, and a lackluster chase (both of which were slightly better than this pop psychology lesson) as well

You know what? Fuck what I said, don't save it for filler chapters, write the whole thing out altogether. I already saw another user say this in a Monsterkind thread about a week ago but I HATE it when writers think "CHARACTERS ARE SUDDENLY EMOTIONALLY YELLING AT EACH OTHER!!" is the same thing as character development. It's just gay obnoxious whining and nothing else.
I didn't mind when Paranatural started to have a larger overarching plot aside from fun ghost adventures but there was no reason to take away the "fun" part.

Zach watched too much anime and for a while now he's been consistently using anime tropes and speeches to make up for dialogues and situations (and lack of backgrounds). It really shows how unprepared he is when it comes to writing and how lazy he's grown over the years. You speak of fillers, but Paranatural is basically that, it's the filler coming out of long-running manga adaptations : out of place, inconsequential, badly written and only there to stall for the main plot to make progress. But there's no counterpart here, it's only the webcomic. So there's no progress going along, just infinitely stretched scenes that could be summed up in a few pages at most.

That's more a problem with hacks than the format. The ones who know what they're doing, however, tend to find work in print comics.

Unless your work is about extreme dysfunction or one of your characters is extremely coarse and prone to fits of anger, you only really get to cash in two scenes like that before it loses value. Nier is a 30+ hour ARPG with a raging, screaming hermaphrodite as a major character and it only pulls two of those. TDKR is a brutal, cynical book and it doesn't even have one of these. One Piece has run for 20 years and it's worn the strength of that device thin by doing it about six times.

Even in the realm of pulp, having friends scream at each other multiple times is a lazy crutch. There's more forms of interpersonal conflict, and abusing the height of tension diminishes its value.

>Zach watched too much anime and for a while now he's been consistently using anime tropes and speeches to make up for dialogues and situations (and lack of backgrounds).
I tend to forget that Paranatural actually used to parody anime instead of straight up copying its shittier tropes. What happened?

can we do it lads

Wrist or bust

Wow.

Rollan