What does Sup Forums think of The Triplets of Belleville?

What does Sup Forums think of The Triplets of Belleville?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ACXK3g9hpRE
cartoonbrew.com/feature-film/sylvain-chomet-starting-production-new-film-thousand-miles-130048.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's massively overrated.

It's beautifully animated but I'm not french so I can't come from knobbly men riding bicycles

Very depressing car chase.

It's a really good movie, probably still my favourite from Chomet. I even prefer it over The Illusionist, which was alright and just as wonderfully animated yet it felt like a chore to me.

There is something really appealing about the way he portraits these caricatures. The grotesque yet refined and polished style really looks like those satirical french comic books from the '80s.

The OST was great as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=ACXK3g9hpRE

Fairly unwaifuable characters, and therefore worthless for american audiences, see

Really looking forward to Chomet’s next film this year

What???

Soundtrack was pretty fun. a favorite.

Very unique. Mostly good.

But after The Illusionist, I'll see every Chomet film until he dies. He's earned it.

Fantastic movie, I should rewatch it one of these days.
Some of my teachers worked on this actually.

I remember loving this. This is probably the last thing me and my aunt really bonded over.

Killer soundtrack, very beautifully done.

GOAT cartoon. I was super pissed as a kid when it lost in the Oscars to Finding Nemo.

his next movie
coming out this year
chomet

I watched it when I was 9, and I made my parents promess to me that they would NEVER rent that movie again.

But I was jsut a kid, and got too spoocked by the designs and the story.

Now as a man working in the animation industry, I can see how amazing it was, I need to rewatch it.

Never bet against D*sney.

It's great. I loved it even as a kid.

the soundtrack was fantastic, anyone know where it can be downloaded, can't find shit

cartoonbrew.com/feature-film/sylvain-chomet-starting-production-new-film-thousand-miles-130048.html

The article states it'll incorporate live-action and animation. I wonder if it'll qualify for best animated film at the Oscars.

The Old Lady and the Pidgeons is my favorite thing Chomet has made. Why was the guy such a poorfag though? He had a uniform, so I assume he was employed. He looked kind of like a policeman, does France pay them poorly or something?

it correctly predicted the current president of france

I like it, but The Illusionist is where it's at.

I really like how the use of pantomime gives these films a certain level of universal appeal.

it will but the award will go to pixars whatever newest shit will be

The only Pixar movie this year is a sequel, and the academy doesn't care for Pixarquels (Toy Story 3 aside).

Corruption is very common in French politics, I wouldn't be surprised if someone was skimming off the police pension fund.

I came here to say this
It’s good, but it doesn’t deserve 30% of the praise it gets

Right, it's such a neat style

Convinced my friends to watch this shit on acid once. They now have an extreme appreciation of well animated things.