Why was Azrael never in a Batman cartoon?

Why was Azrael never in a Batman cartoon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v4sJ68xa4qM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Probably wrong, but I think they pay out royalties if they use characters outside of comics, like Jim Starlin getting a cheque for KGBeast being in BvS, and Joe Quesada co-created Azrael so they don't want to pay him.

Violent and overly religious.

Also, no Batman cartoon has been in a position to “kill” Batman.

I always wondered about that too. Azrael would be a good supporting character, keep him around Leslie Thompkins and let him be the Big Brother to Cass. (Who also lacks an animated appearance)

youtube.com/watch?v=v4sJ68xa4qM

>Let's give supporting characters supporting characters.

You do realize how inane that is? And what is he going to do as a big brother? His whole thing is to be this semi-crazy guy who's kinda awkward and lost in the world. And you're going to pair him with a semi-mute, anti-social who has no real concept of normal life?

Because the "I work alone" meme and early day adventures are pushed hard in most cartoons.

Yeah why would he want to pair the socially inept weirdo with the other social inept weirdo?

Same reason Zod was never in a Superman cartoon.

Azrael things is that he has two personalities Nicest augment you will ever meet and twisted fucking fanatic.

Same reason bane was shit in tas. Not muh faggots in the production team.

The azrael comic made it to 100 issues, he had a good concept, the problem is that DC wanted jason back, Jean Paul was great, he needed the aproval of bruce, i wish that the agent of the bat concept comebacks, just small arcs with different protagonists, tim, jean, cass , bat inc characters etc, instead of trying to get ongoings from characters noone cares

Most current superhero cartoons are all team-based.

They even tried to do both early day and team-based with Marvel’s Spider-Man.

I would add him in a Manhunter cartoon with the Question, Huntress, Manhunter and Batwoman. Together they fight against conspiracies, crimes and corruption.

He got to be on Gotham kinda sorta.

And it was shitty and it wasn't him.
I liked his Arkham appearences. That Azrael was an amaligation of Michael and JPV.

his death was hilarious tho

I would’ve thought he’d appear as a gag on a Brave and the Bold episode or something.

Why didn't Bane become obsessed with revenge against Azrael?

Didn't knew that it was Azrael that beat him, they also fought during No Man Land and Azrael won that time as well. The lesson kids: Gene-augements beat drug-enhancements

>Freddy enlisted years after leaving Mystery Inc.
>Shaggy fell for the gender identity crisis thanks to drugs
>Daphne looks the same, just older

Bane knew that it wasn't the original who was fighting him though. Going by Nightfall logic, he would have then moved heaven and earth to find out Az's identity.

Bane and JPV should fight more often.

his design is too complicated for animation.

He hasn't appeared in Brave and the Bold or Lego Batman, at least?

DC pays their creators which is why Len Wein got paid more for Nolan using his creation Lucius Fox than he has for all of the comics that he has written and all of the appearances of his character Wolverine combined.

When will she be in a Batman cartoon?

Shemade a cameo in JL in an alternate future that was ruled by Savage.

Was it truly her? Some always thought it was that gal from the Clayface episode.

That would be good.

I kinda like the idea of Azrael being Batman's Vegeta desu.

I would like him to be the Tien of the group.