Bob Parr ISN'T cucked by Incredibles II

So some knee jerk reactions I've seen around here and other places suggest that Bob is taking a back seat in the story to appease some feminist agenda.

I don't like SJWs in media, either, but what I see in the trailer is Bob as a father playing a vital role in his children's lives. The bit with Dash and the math made me think of my own father, who passed away when I was in middle school around 2004, the same year the original film was released.

We'll get male bonding between him and Frozone, a seemingly positive portrayal of fatherhood, and plenty of action with Elastigirl and her T H I C C hips and ass. Unless the final product is very different, what are people up in arms about?

>Being a responsible father is now SJW
So what's next? Breeding is a degenerate thing to do?

I didn't think this movie would take place seconds after the first one (if the trailer is any indication with the Underminer). I honestly thought it would be like a 'few years' later sorta deal with the children a bit grown up taking more responsibilities with their powers.

>what are people up in arms about?
This People* have a strong natural disgust towards dishonesty.

*Communists are not people.

I don't see bob as being a father as a bad thing, but why does this have to feel so much like a rehash fo the first one? We already got a movie about bob and helen's problems, why can't the kids have their own movie where they learn some kind of lesson?

You're absolutely right that the complaint of "muh feminism" is an absolutely retarded one, but the thing is the film still looks like trash because it's literally the same exact copy/pasted plot of the first film but with roles reversed.

My only problem with this movie is that it is a immediate sequel. Forget about Sup Forums, OP.

I know right! It seems so weird after all these years for it to take place literally seconds after the first movie. I feel it should have taken years later and them coping with be Heroes in a new era or something.

My problem with it is that it's not the story I wanted/expected to see. I wanted to see the family's mechanics and interactions as a crime fighting team.

Because that's what the fucking ending hinted at.

Wait for the movie to come out.

Same, this just feels like a retread of the first film with the roles reversed.

>everyone is disappointed by the Incredibles sequel
WHO COULD HAVE POSSIBLY GUESSED

You just have to understand the people who scream “SJW!” Are fucking manchildren and literal children. You only see this kind of shit in hobbies like cartoons, comics, video games, etc. Never in sports, serious films, politics(before Trump but he appeals to manchildren on purpose) or other adult shit.

I was watching the new Cloverfield and the final act came down between two women, one of whom is black. I wasn’t phased by it but I realized had this been a capeshit film, I’d get on here and see faggots bitching about Leftist agendas and SJWs.

Just ignore them.

>My problem with it is that it's not the story I wanted/expected to see.

The internet in a nutshell.

That's because the new cloverfield was kinda shit and most people know it.

The problem is the obvious directions a plot structure like this can take, even though we only know the first act or so from the trailer. If Bob gives in to any feelings of emasculation due to his wife's success and his family's need, the character he grows into at the end of the first movie is assassinated. If Helen isn't pressured to ultimately sacrifice her heroic career for her family, even though it's lucrative and makes her feel young and wanted, due to the neglect and strain on the family that its causing, the same way Bob had to, then the series is implying that men and women don't need to play by the same rules, where men have to sacrifice and pick up the slack of the women who can pursue whatever they want without considering the consequences.

People are worried about the former because it's the most obvious way the story can go, considering the amount of screen time in the trailer is given to Bob's struggles caring for the individual kids needs and the cut of his stressed conversation with Frozone. People are worried about the latter because it would amount to a serious deconstruction and critique of the modern feminist ideal woman and family dynamic, the last thing a company like Disney would be likely to do.

I don’t know if you missed my point or just being cheeky. The point being because the movie doesn’t fall into the typical childish hobby category, it doesn’t face any scrutiny from the “muh SJW!” crowd. I can name plenty of Halle Berry films where she is the lead and kicks some white male’s ass but because those films aren’t capeshit or some other nerdy thing, it won’t be criticized as pushing an agenda.

motherfucker you cracked the fucking code!

Tell everyone! Get on the line and tell everyone!

Why the fuck do they change maath

>cucked
>feminist agenda
>SJWs

I'm saying that the movie is crap because it's bad and the tone is all over the place and has the barest veneer of being related to the 'cloverfield' universe tacked on.

>Female bartender
>No problems because children and manchildren don’t go to bars

>Female comic writer
>”LEFTIST AGENDA!”

I'm, of course, talking from my own perspective, but again, thay's what the ending hinted at.

Plus he's going to join in the action mid-way anyway, since the movie is going to be about the whole family.

>Just ignore them
How do you "just ignore" a progressively more powerful cultural and political sentiment?

>Bitching about the film being an "Immediate Sequel"
>That makes it a bad film off rip before release
So everyone must have hated and didn't enjoy:
Back to the Future 1/2
all 3 Evil Deads
Friday the 13th 2/3
LotR 2/3
Iron Man 1/2
Matrix 2/3
Rocky 1/2
Star Trek 2/3

One thing I don't like about the modles is that Helen is curvy and thicc as fuck, but they wont even give Bob a man-bulge. It's canon that Bob is hung as a horse, but they won't even give him the slightest hint of a bulge. It's like the Hulk in Thor Ragnarok all over again.

WHY CAN'T MEN WITH LARGE PENISES HAVE BULGES IN THEIR SKIN TIGHT COSTUMES? It would be less graphic than elastic girls massive tits.

>never in sports
HA! Non-sportfag spotted. The manchildrey in sports is off the charts, just look at the chimpout regarding the NFL kneeling.

I will say this.

I didn't like the matrix sequels as much as the original. The matrix was a good movie.

But back to the future was always a movie in 3 parts, they were meant to go together.

Also, star trek 2 is easily one of the best.

I don't understand people who don't seem to get people using the most open and widely accessible forum in the history of human civilization to express their opinions. Like, what the fuck do you think people are going to use it for?

>wait a decade for the sequel
>its a rehashed plot of movie 1 only with the genders reversed

Will the mysterious tycoon who wants only Elastigirl be some bitter wannabe sidekick too?

This isn't WB, user

>It would be less graphic than elastic girls massive tits.

Boobs =/= dick
Sorry user. Showing a pair of tits isn't the same thing. I mean, if you want bulges that's reasonable but that's just the way our society views these things.

>Progressivly powerful

Maybe if you spend all your time on the Internet. People in the real world don’t give a shit.

user, there's no way it could ever be a direct retread in a million jillion years. Do you think Disney would ever take the effort that they put into deconstructing and criticizing the modern, successful working man who neglects his family to surround himself with beautiful women, the trappings of wealth, clothes and hobbies that make him feel young again in the first movie and point it directly at the modern, empowered working mother? Because that's what a direct retread would mean.

>Elastigirl and her T H I C C hips and ass
this is all i expect from this movie and so far it doesn't look like i'll be disappointed.
fuck all those crybabies.

>Do you think Disney would do the least amount of work possible to make money
user...

You know damn well the whole B Plot with Bob is just gonna be 30-40 minutes of "HA HA! LOOK AT HIM TRYING TO TAKE CARE OF THE BABY! LOOK AT HIM TRYING TO DO HIS SON'S HOMEWORK! LOL DAD'S ARE SUCH BUFFOONS!"

Like it or not, the internet matters, especially in modern elections. I don't think Trump would have been elected without the internet aspect of his fanbase and the likes of GamerGate proved to be an initial rallying cry for people of that political and personal stripe. You can pretend none of that mattered all you want, but history will disagree with you.

>gamergate caused trump

Disney does not want to cause a media firestorm and make themselves seem not or even anti-feminist. Doing so would create a fuckton of work on their part, I guarantee you.

>Trump got elected because of Internet neckbeards

He got elected because Hillary was a shit candidate(even Sup Forums agrees he wouldn’t have stood a chance had Biden ran), it’s hard for the incumbent party to retain the presidency after two terms, and he promised to bring a bunch of useless jobs back.

If what you said was true, those Internet people would have turned out for Roy Moore.

Nation is going back to blue anyway so I’m going to be on the right side of history.

Pic-related for you, OP.
I know, right? The absolute mentality of Sup Forums.

Literally yes, to at least some extent. Men who had surrounded themselves with almost ubiquitously left leaning media suddenly found themselves finding political common ground with the party who just wants to be left alone and bawks at political correctness. The same men who were a part of Gamergate went on to support the ultimate "fuck pc" candidate and did so vocally and in the ways they found most effective earlier.

What part of this doesn't make sense?

>Nation is going back to blue anyway so I’m going to be on the right side of history.

>he think the pendulum is swinging back
What is it with liberals and """utopian""", wishful thinking.
The wall is being built, the beaners are going back, the swamp is being drained, and America is going to be great again.

I honsetly don't mind the new plot, I just hope the new movie isn't entirely focused on him taking care of the baby and that there is an actual super vila to face. This is what made incredible 1 so fun, family bonding story with a villain to face.

Gamergate lasted a year and then died. It hasn't been relevant in years.

Oh it’s a Russian bot

>everyone must have hated and didn't enjoy:
>Iron Man 2
>Matrix 2/3
>Back to the Future 2
yes, actually

obsessed

So what, just don't have it be mainstream/part of any geeky hobbies?

>wall construction nowhere in sight
>Trump still blowing air in Murricas ass about mass deportation
>surrounds himself with career politicians from the swamp and traitors who sold us out to Russia

Trumptards are blind sheep

Exactly, the first film was "muh family" in a way that worked with the plot while what we've seen so far in 2 is stuff you'd expect in a bonus short on the DVD. But it's still really early in the game, I expect there's a lot more.

What a YouTube tier title op

>3/8 examples I didn't like
>so that means everyone else doesn't like them
cool opinion you got there

the Matrix sequels, at the very least, are widely disliked

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and see where it goes.

> the swamp is being drained

> Rex Tillerson, Secretary of State, former CEO of ExxonMobile
> Steve Mnuchin, Secretary of the Treasury, former CIO of Goldman Sachs
> Gary Cohn, Chief Economic Advisor, former COO of Goldman Sachs
> Wilbur Ross, Secretary of Commerce, former investment banker specializing in leveraged buyouts, called the "King of Bankruptcy"
> Scott Pruitt, head of the EPA, who repeatedly sued the EPA on behalf of the fossil fuel industry
> Alex Azar, Secretary of Health and Human Services, former president of Eli Lily and Company
> Jay Clayton, SEC Chairman, former attorney for Goldman Sachs
Etc.

Why are you LoudHouse avatarfagging in an Incredibles thread?

Because Sup Forums is full of autistic bugmen virgins who have to react to everything in the most extreme way with no in-between.

Remember, this is what the champion of the working man looks like. Truly a man of the people who will sacrifice much to save us from the Washington elites.

>implying the alt right, rthedonald and Sup Forums arent the same people that supported gamergate.
gamers are leaning into the right, so when the indusrty and the media went to the left, they reacted.

We were talking about the Incredibles. Go back to Sup Forums, the adults are talking.

Just because someone really wants to be "left alone" as you put it, doesn't mean they're leaning right. Or left.

Gamergate was gamers being pissed that a woman was having sex with someone who wasn't them. That's pretty much it. The idea that it was about some sort of principled stand for video game journalism is a joke. Video game journalism was a joke before gamergate, it was a joke during gamergate, and it has remained a joke since gamergate.

>Manchildren and underages support Trump

I think we covered that already, man.

>Gamergate was gamers being pissed that a woman was having sex with someone who wasn't them
Not really

I fail to see what thia has to do with the movie

Why are you complaining about someone posting cartoons on the comics and cartoons board?

I really despise people like you

Yeah no, it would have been a one thread thing if that was the case. The problem was she fucked her way to a good review of her shitty VN.

Faggot

well, allegedly. Things really kicked off when every major website published an article about gamers being dead/over within a few hours.

hence Gamer-gate

COMICS AND CARTOONS

bad thing that manchildren opinion matters as much as yours.

They don’t. I actually contribute to this world unlike them who shitpost in the Internet and play video games.

You're right, we should instead be talking about the sociopolitical implications instead of western animation on the comics and cartoons board

Paying your way to good reviews with money/favors was commonplace already. It was specifically that it was a woman having sex that made it a big deal.

Go away Zoe.

I like posting random pics whenever I post.

> COMICS AND CARTOONS
This is Sup Forums. These days the majority of the site is Sup Forums with some Sup Forums and /r9k/ on the side.

Does alexa only go back 8 years?

I don't give a shit. There's rules and boards for a reason.

It went back 8 years in 2017, which is when it didn't need a subscription to get the data. It does more now, but you need to pay to get it.

Shit sucks.

>THIS IS OUR SITE NOW GOYIM

> The problem was she fucked her way to a good review of her shitty VN.
Allegedly. We have only the word of her ex-boyfriend on that.

>majority Sup Forums
>site doubled size in mid-late 2014
>at the same time as the GG ban waves
Please

Well there was that game jam debacle too, yeah? The charity one?

Yeah, the initial spike was Gamergate. But the one after that? That's Donald Trump announcing his candidacy for president. Then you've got a steady increase through the 2016 presidential campaign until you're at four times the pre-GG amount.

so why didn't other chan/imageboards blow up like this one?

much of the Gamergate conversation migrated to Cripplechan, but GG also got Sup Forums stuck in the public consciousness as a haven for political outsiders/incorrectness.

So once the God-Emperor started making noise, people started showing up here. The difference being, they weren't told to fuck off like GGers.

I sincerely hope they don't do that, and in fact if they don't and they portray fatherhood positively I'll give this movie a 10/10 even if there rest is bad

Yeah this is my worry. The trailer looked ..ok.. because a kid like Jack would be hard to handle but he was otherwise making Dad jokes and being a good father.

You do know that "ggers" weren't banned, just the discussion, right?

yes, which is why discussion moved to Cripplechan. There was an exodus, but it wasn't as big as the wave of new posters brought in by GG

We also had a massive influx of new years after the jake brahm thing. and the habbo raids invited a bunch of faggots too.