So i wanna read jugde dredd and i should start with Judge Dredd -The complete case files 1# (1977)

So i wanna read jugde dredd and i should start with Judge Dredd -The complete case files 1# (1977).
Or is better to ignore the old comics and only read the newer stuff?

Start by the old comics, ignore the new stuff.

Read everything, and read the Mega Collections too because someone had the idea to not include Megazine stories in the CCF.

This

Download the Case Files and start from the beginning.
And if you watched Dredd 3D and liked it and that's why you want to read the comic, just save yourself and everyone else the trouble and go kill yourself.

No, i read america and felt interested in knowing if the life in mega city one was so fucked because of the judges or because of the people itself

>implying Dredd was bad
>being this much of a snob about obscure Chinese comic books on a Tibetan ice fishing tutorial forum

Start from the beginning. The early stories are more lighthearted but the world building is immense

>Karl Urban Sucks Cock
Wat

Old Dredd looks so skinny compared with the newer art style

Judge user when?

Only Judge user can help you, summom him.

You can only summon him by posting Judge Hershey, but we're in the middle of a apparently long storytime now.

I'm gonna have to go in a minute anyway

They hadn't finalized his appearance yet- the big things are there but note the not-as-pronounced chin, slimmer physique and large lips.

You know what they say about people who use secure tripcodes.

Is that a goddamn Garand?

nigga that was a good movie, eat shit

Its sort of both. Without the Judges shit would collapse into anarchy, but at the same time the Law is clearly far more labyrinthine and focused on punishing incredibly minor offences than it needs to be. Mega City 1 is unique as dystopias go since essentially everyone has a shit time. The populace gets an oppressive police state where they can be thrown in jail for incredibly petty things while the Judges are out there almost 24/7 in a very hostile and stressful environment to maintain that state.

Shut up razorfist.

Throwaway dude gets a consistently drawn gun. Nice.

>if you watched Dredd 3D and liked it and that's why you want to read the comic, just save yourself and everyone else the trouble and go kill yourself.
What a wonderful human being you are

I never noticed it before, but yeah. There really isn't a beautiful and untouchable elite in Judge Dredd.

That movie was Michael Bay levels of dog shit with slow motion shoehorned into the plot so that they could over use it. Karl Urban can't act for shit. It had no satire, had little to no atmosphere, it didn't look or feel like Judge Dredd, the costumes were a fucking joke. Everything about that movie was fucking garbage. It made Stallone's Judge Dredd movie look good, and that says alot for how fucking awful Dredd 3D is considering Stallone's had fucking Rob Schneider in it.

I know you've got a hateboner about the new movie, but why is it such a bad thing that it gets people to read the old stuff?

Because I'll think I'm talking to someone with decent taste, eventually they'll mention the movie, because they can't help but suck it's cock, and then I'll have to tell them that they enjoy sucking on feces because they do.

And if they do enjoy the movie, why would they enjoy the old stuff? Its literally not even 5% close to being anything alike with that fuck awful movie.

Because they want to know more about it, I've met a few people who started reading the old stuff and really enjoyed it after watching the new movie just because they liked the concept. Just because you like something terrible (which I don't agree Dredd was, I think it was a fun little action movie) doesn't mean you can't like things that are good.

>I enjoy eating shit
Kill yourself.

Have fun in your dump thread alone then, user.

Have fun eating shit, faggot.

I really wish Judge Dredd was in colour. I think colour is important.

>And if they do enjoy the movie, why would they enjoy the old stuff? Its literally not even 5% close to being anything alike with that fuck awful movie.

Guess what? People can dig the comics and the movies even if they're not the same, you elitist faggot.

Like this?

>People can dig the comics and the movies even if they're not the same
Yes, people can eat shit. But they shouldn't.

Exactly like that. Could you have timed that better? x

Nothing to do with timing. There are color editions of the Case Files.

>Nothing to do with timing. There are color editions of the Case Files.
Never knew that at all. I've just got a few B&W ones. They always felt so cheap. I do have Apocalypse War in colour though... :thinking:

These color editions are actually colored reprints from Eagle/Quality comics, patchworked into the files. The physical Case Files are always in B&W until the full color stories start.

>being this assmad about an adaptation of British capeshit

A good one, even

>Judge Dredd
>capeshit
0/10 weak b8

Kill yourself, you shit eating faggot

OH MAN DREDD 3D IS SUCH A GOOD MOVIE

KARL URBAN NAILED THE CHARACTER

>Because I'll think I'm talking to someone with decent taste, eventually they'll mention the movie, because they can't help but suck it's cock, and then I'll have to tell them that they enjoy sucking on feces because they do.
I can't believe I went this long before discovering a 2000AD fan on Sup Forums who was also a giant dickhead. To think I thought they were a pretty alright bunch!

>I can't believe I went this long before discovering a 2000AD fan on Sup Forums who was also a giant dickhead
Look in a mirror faggot, you were a giant dickhead all along.

That's Cranium Cock III to you, buddy.

Well, nothing is perfect.
That guy is the first asshole 2000AD fan I've seen around here in years.

I'm gonna like both Dredd 3D and the comics and there isn't anything you can do about it

>Yes, people can eat shit. But they shouldn't
man what's your damage

Thisss thread sssucksss.