youtube.com/watch?v=x-QUpfMlf48
youtu.be/Lm_OGE5rIsY
youtu.be/XVemoYJ7kR4
youtube.com/watch?v=xw-jSymE76o
youtube.com/watch?v=n-QtsAf9xyU
youtube.com/watch?v=vqt2v1-TEIo
youtube.com/watch?v=oYG1Tg7oo2A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes, it's a great skit. You say "memes aside", but I doubt it would have gotten memed if it didn't have such great timing, performances, and charm.

Of fucking course, it's classic simpsons

i would think the actual quality of the scene is the reason it was memed so hard recently

>but I doubt it would have gotten memed if it didn't have such great timing, performances, and charm
I do, the memes do nothing to focus on any of the positive aspects of it, as is the case with all memes.

it's got a very good sense of humor that can only really be described as "simpsons humor"

It certainly was an unforgettable scene

>mfw I've watched enough variations of this skit to recite every single line from memory

It's really just standard 80s sitcom writing until the house catches fire. That's the joke. Like, if you ever watched a sitcom like Perfect Strangers, Blossom, or even Frasier this scene is depressingly familiar

Well, Simpsons is an odd show, but they write a good script.

Mmm yes, and you call it cleverly written despite the fact that it was obviously typed

y-you know I..uh... one thing I-I alway- um
excuse me for one second

Its one of the best animated sketches, period.

It's a good scene and the best part of that episode, but that episode is lame and season 7 Simpsons isn't all that great either.

>New Orleans?
>Coach!
>You have got...
>the whole city
>through that door
>Everything trapped in one room?

>yeah!

It's a good joke.
Shame the internet drove it into the ground so hard.

>...can I see?

>SHIT NAW!

This here is boiled cheeseburger. Thats what I keep sayin'

>OH LAWD NO-

Poor food never stood a chance

youtube.com/watch?v=89u7gGFQIGE
underated

the joe swanson one is better

youtube.com/watch?v=AK2SdNP4fzg

youtube.com/watch?v=AKSVA_lhdsU

For you

He's not good at doing Homers voice.

Can this be topped? m.youtube.com/watch?v=3uIcXRbZ458

Fuck you, this is one of the best and most creative memes in a long while. Unlike a certain african echidna

Steamed hams but it's gay sex

Now that's isometric exercise

The very last panel should be Gaben saying that, but overall i really appreciate this.

Why Gaben?

yeah that's a real smoking hot opinion there user

The production quality on some of these is impressive

Because we're never getting episode 3 where we actually go and do that.

No shit, it's considered one of the best scenes in the show.

nice

youtube.com/watch?v=dbfbIVtDFG8

youtube.com/watch?v=x-QUpfMlf48

youtu.be/Lm_OGE5rIsY

youtu.be/XVemoYJ7kR4

amazing

Agreed. Simpsons peaked at S3-S6 and notably declined in quality after, then took a nosedive into oblivion starting with S10.

Oh look I made another one

>Boiled cheeseburger?
>That is so depressing.

>COACH, THE BUILDING IS ON FIRE!!!
Naw girl, it's just New Orleans.

People used to say the first 10 seasons were good.
Then people settled on S3-S8.
Now you're saying S3-S6.
Pretty soon it'll just be season 4.
The most famous cartoon in history had only one good season.

It's at least 3 to 7. I would say 3-8 myself, but 7 had a lot of the gold era episodes in it.

It goes like this:
1 - still finding its feet, some good shit in there
2 - some really good shit in there, but still a bit weird compared to later seasons
3-8 gold
9-10 - a noticeable decline and more 'in your face' jokes, but still moderately good
11 - worse than 9-10 but not awful, a good stopping point ending at Behind the Laughter
12-14 - watchable
15+ - zombie garbage

youtube.com/watch?v=xw-jSymE76o

these were my personal favorites

youtube.com/watch?v=n-QtsAf9xyU
youtube.com/watch?v=vqt2v1-TEIo

>saying the wrong part of his name

>that intro
>running to BurgerTANK
>Nick tripping while walking out
>the fucking firetruck at the end
Every time I watch one of these, I get surprised again by the amount of detail put into it.

You're wrong. The entire reason for the meme is that it plays off the natural comedic timing and rhythm of the scene. The meme is a direct result of the scene's quality and emphasizes that quality.

Why did Skinner just have a roast prepared?
Where were the potatoes? The greens?

Well written my ass.

>season 7 Simpsons isn't all that great either.
Nah. Season 7 was still great. Season 8 is where the cracks started showing.

literally just a bunch of kids trying to force another "we are number 1 but ____" meme

>trying to force

I quite liked Season 7 (And the 3F holdovers in Season 8), cause I always saw it as Oakley and Weinstein attempting to bring back the balance of heart and comedy that the 3rd and 4th seasons were known for, as a response to the Mirkin era mostly just focusing on comedy.
Just a shame they started doing weird experimental shit in season 8 because they thought the show would end soon.

youtube.com/watch?v=oYG1Tg7oo2A Best one

It was still pretty meta in that Chalmers could immediately see through Seymour's bullshit but Seymour was still acting like he was in a wacky comedy

I could actually see Frasier doing a scene like this, fire included.

The Metal Gear one is still my favorite. The random real world cutscene just like in the first game is just perfect.

>cleverly written
Why did Superintendent Chalmers randomly barge into Seymour's kitchen?
Why did he not question the fact that Seymour took an obscene amount of time ordering at the Krusty Burger?
Why did Seymour not bother to turn off the stove?

Like, I can accept the comedy tier dialogue, but simple character motivations are left unexplained.

>Why did Superintendent Chalmers randomly barge into Seymour's kitchen?
He probably heard Seymour's scream
>Why did he not question the fact that Seymour took an obscene amount of time ordering at the Krusty Burger?
I think you're overestimating how long it takes to order fastfood thats across the street.
>Why did Seymour not bother to turn off the stove?
He forgot to.

That's how I used to COOK when I played college ball

The joke was that Seymour completely got out of the comedic comeuppance despite that making absolutely no sense. It's funny because it lampoons bad writing and then denies the cliches full blossom.

That's because Frasier did a joke like this.

I say it in every Simpson thread, Season 2 is the most underrated season of the Simpsons. Frankly season 1 is great as well, but 2 is a very special show.

Golden Agen for me will always be 1-10.

cringe