Did

Did...

Did they just give us a central MCU villain who wasn't shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o50EL5IEpiE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Best MCU villain IMO.

Really good, miles better than Boseman. But it sucks they had to make him irredeemable.

>villain
but he did nothing wrong

>sucks they had to make him irredeemable.

Why, Do you want another Loki?

It would actually be kind of cool to have MBJ and Hiddleston as some sort of villain team.

He was tainted by American "culture", of course he was irredeemable.

No he was one of the worse like the movie bottom 5 of the MCU movies

>WE

>WUZ

>we need a racewar to secure the existence of our people and a future for black children.

>it sucks they had to make him irredeemable
Yeah, if not for the first half of the movie, it might have been an interesting dynamic to have T'challa try to win him over. His viewpoints could make T'challa more proactive, and T'challa could temper his extremism. It could've made for a good narrative about not being bound by the mistakes of your father for them to get past that.

How does he compare to the comics Killmonger?

dude was the best thing in the movie. Cared more about him than Black Panther.

>Jews have played a prominent role in organizing blacks beginning with the founding of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) in 1909. The NAACP was founded by wealthy German Jews, non-Jewish whites and blacks led by W.E.B. Dubois. The Jewish role was predominant.

>By mid-decade, the NAACP had something of the aspect of an adjunct of B’nai B’rith and the American Jewish Committee. . . . By 1920, Herbert Seligman was director of public relations and Martha Greuning served as his assistant. . . . Small wonder that a bewildered [Black Nationalist leader] Marcus Garvey stormed out of NAACP headquarters in 1917 muttering that it was a white organisation.

Why did he say this? Dragged the scene out.

>expecting MCU shills and Black Panther movie fans to give a shit about comics

FOUND WALLACE

He's a mix Killmonger and Hunter

>Implying current Black Panther fans even read comics
They have read Hickman's New Avengers and that's it.

And all they needed to make it happen was to make the entire rest of the film shit.

Is that Ebola on his skin?

We gonna have a new raimposting target are we.

It's his kill count.

>How can you claim to be the rightful king when you won't even acknowledge Jews also took an active part in the Dutch colonial slave trade; indeed, the bylaws of the Recife and Mauricia congregations (1648) included an imposta (Jewish tax) of five soldos for each Negro slave a Brazilian Jew purchased from the West Indies Company. Slave auctions were postponed if they fell on a Jewish holiday. In Curacao in the seventeenth century, as well as in the British colonies of Barbados and Jamaica in the eighteenth century, Jewish merchants played a major role in the slave trade. In fact, in all the American colonies, whether French (Martinique), British, or Dutch, Jewish merchants frequently dominated.

I don't think it counts as slavery if it wasn't done by an Anglo country.

I like it

>They've been poisoning us for years!
>In "Collier's Weekly," during the year 1908, solid truths appeared, which are in point today as proofs of what was transpiring. "Collier's Weekly" was the first journal in the land to print the names of Jews in connection with the liquor debauchery of the country. Even so, it had been going on a very long time. There was a specially scathing attack on what was called "Nigger gin," a peculiarly vile beverage which was compounded to act upon the Negro in a most vicious manner. The author, Will Irwin, spoke of this gin as "The king iniquity in the degenerated liquor traffic of these United States." This author and Collier's started a new fashion in giving publicity not only to the names of certain brands of liquors, but also the names of the men who made them - all were Jews! The maker of one brand of "nigger gin" which had spurred certain Negroes on to the nameless crime, was one Lee Levy. Mr. Irwin detailed some of his experiences investigating the gin sold by a number of companies, all bearing Jewish names. The gin was cheap, its labels bore lascivious suggestions and were decorated with highly indecent portraiture of white women. "I never saw it in any saloon which bars the Negro," he wrote. Widely sold brands of cheap, noxious gins and other liquors, made by and brazenly sold under Jewish names, caused newspaper and police comments upon the peculiar lawlessness among negroes. With reference to the Negro Question, "nigger gin," the product of Jewish poisoned liquor factories, was its most provocative element. The date of the appearance of this gin on the United States market is the period when Negro outbursts and subsequent lynchings became serious. The localities where this gin was sold are those where the disorders prevailed.

His viewpoint DID make him more proactive in the end. T'challa ended up agreeing with his argument but not his methods since his methods were basically "kill everyone and rule the world.

I would have liked it if he was defeated ideologically before being defeated physically by BP.
T’challa and gang never actually refute his racial views and prove him wrong. They just plotted to kill/arrest him straight up after they reunited.

Well he was kinda right about Wakanda being isolationist and why that's bad. That's why T'Challa opened up to the world at the end.

Actually didn't know this

i'm just glad he (and the movie) is stark free.

adrian's a good villain but really sick of stark being the center of the universe.

1.FISK
2.Killgrave
3.Cotton Mouth
4.Killmonger

Well that my opinion anyways.

>T’challa and gang never actually refute his racial views
Because he's right :^)

Maybe on a MCU whitout Loki

Kek

>WHO ARE YOU?
>Kendrick kicks in
>I AM N'JADAKA
He had a lot of good moments.
Fox fucking WASTED him.

>erik, it was your methods that was flawed. our love for wakanda won't change!

youtube.com/watch?v=o50EL5IEpiE

>Father murdered in cold blood by his own uncle
>Effectively exiled because of T'Chaka's autism
>Kills one of Wakanda's most notorious rogues for them
>Wins the throne fair and square in honorable combat
>Immediately proves himself to be a strong and decisive leader, winning over the support of his council

>T'Challa screeches autistically and comes back to take his throne by cheating

Killmonger dindu nuffin

Jordan has always been a pretty watchable actor, Fantastic Four was just a pure and total trainwreck in all fronts.

>This is a thing now

they've never had a bad villain

sorry you fell for retarded Sup Forums memes like a moron

Americlaps should just get their racewar on already and get it over with, this sexual tension is killing me.

I haven't seen the movie because I thought it'd be like avatar where the focus is on "look at how great our mystical society is". is it like that or is it actually good?

It's not that the villains are explicitly bad, but a lot of them follow the archetype of "big bad monster that's gonna kill everything", so much so that they kind of mock it in thor ragnarok with surtur.

Mostly it's about getting a large, dysfunctional family to work together for the greater good.

Y'know, like every other Marvel movie.

We've already had a bunch of good villains. Loki, Vulture, Hela, Stane, Ego... all of these guys are good bad guys.

"no"

Why did they bring in Raimi for uncredited writing for this and not Homecoming?

>Loki
>good
Just because he appears alot doesn't make him good.

He was fun in Ragnarok, at least.

He was the only good part of the first Thor movie and he's been a compelling character whenever he's appeared. At least, in everything I've seen him in. Still haven't watched Dark World.

I almost got kicked out of the theater because the group behind us got offended when I called M'Baku the man-ape.

I had to show the usher his fucking Wikipedia page to let me stay in the theater. Marvel made the right choice omitting Man-Ape from his name.

>Hela
She seemed really bored with the whole thing. It might just have been the acting, but I don't think she contrasted well against the stuff on Sakaar, especially Goldblum.

I felt the opposite, she seemed almost Maleficent tier level of enthusiastic about being evil. She wasn't a complex character, but she was a great evil queen.

Goldblum was indeed the true treasure, though.

i like how they made him a big but fun guy.

came expecting a villain, got a big vegan instead.

>Our people are being oppressed
>They aren't my people

Loved that moment. Highlighted a major difference in mindset between AAs who think all blacks are the same and legitimate africans

Yeah, Coogler approached race issues in this film in a very even-handed and conscientious way without pulling punches or picking sides.

>a central MCU villain who wasn't shit?
ego, vulture were widely praised as being awesome villains
surtur was a bit villain, but people loved his "so serious it became comical" routine and wished he was the main villain instead of hela

This is what Trump has brought us to

People can't just enjoy a superhero film where he's black without making his skin color a big deal, like Blade

>People can't just enjoy a superhero film where he's black without making his skin color a big deal, like Blade
probably because superhero films dont exist in a vacuum and do exist within a greater real life universe where such issues are persistent
and sometimes a movie wants to tackle real life issues, often with the subtetly of a sledgehammer, but winston churchill always said you should make your point with one, otherwise it will just go over peoples heads

You left out the part where he has been working with Klawe for who knows how long and he helped him escape! Why the fuck did BP not just point that out when he shows up and execute him on the spot, a traitor just like his father.

Actually they do exist in a vacuum.

I forgot the man ape part. I guess I conflated the great gorilla god into his name and called him the Great Gorilla

im not allowed to comment in this thread

I am positive the never happened.

set up the revengers or dark avengers

You'll get Man-Ape and Loki as a Brawn and Brain team instead.

Crossbones was kind of shit, but that's mainly because he was just there to job out.

For all the jokes about black theater audiences mine was surprisingly quiet. Packed house but there was really only three big laughs, no shouting.
The Incredible Hulk screening was louder.

>Hela
>Good villain
She had the best introduction, which then quickly became an "ok we get it" introduction, then it was ruined because the rest of the movie was just Planet Hulk shenanigans while she just sat around being bored.

Only counting movie villains and not TV ones, I'd say he's second for me, Vulture still has the clearest motives and Keaton gave a better performance.

Wow, this has got to be the shittiest taste ITT.

Honestly, the scene where he's like like "ask my name" and they do and he starts speaking african and the hip hop soundtrack starts playing was pretty badass.

>Speaking African

What jungle bunny languages were used in this movie anyway.

>tfw you can tell he's waiting for them to say the one thing he can answer in wakandan

I enjoyed this more than I expected but it bugged me that only the gorilla tribe had a real name. "Border tribe, merchant tribe, river tribe" etc. are just a bit generic for my tastes.

his views were basically self-defeating. make things right in the world by oppressing the people who oppressed your people? all it would do is create a cycle of violence when the white people eventually rise up against the wakandans.

but he never won the throne. The only way the fight ends is either through death or when the other person yields. if T'chala never died or gave up the fight is still on.

Now I want to see a bad future with a grizzled Cap leading a resistance against Wakandan invaders.

Maybe it was to show a point that they'd been united for so long that they were just "Wakanda" while the other tribe had fucked off by itself.

Xhosa. Read a book.

Like Homefront 2 but somehow more racist

Didn't they have names during the challenge scene? When everyone went "The [mumblemumble] will not challenge today"

During his ancestral vision, it really seemed like they were gonna turn him around. It was a touching moment. Then he immediately went evil-er and it felt really illogical and kind of disappointing.

So, is it true that this movie is so groundbreaking that it will end racism?

That was the "border tribe, river tribe, merchant tribe" part. Apparently the panther tribe's specialty is mining and tech.

i think they only said their tribe name

No but it was more ambiguous than just straight up WE WUZ and I enjoyed it.

I don't see how the "read a book," response was warranted. He asked what language they employed from a continent with many. In the comics they've even used Hausa.

The truth is it's a good movie that unfortunately will receive contrarian backlash because retards are praising it as the 2nd coming of black christ just because the movie is full of blacks.

What is that Sup Forums expression, virtue signaling? It's killing the movie.

That didn't bug me as much as I thought because he did it exactly when I expected someone to do it. Even if you take out the double agent twist, he waited until Killmonger was without his vibro-arm and assassinated him at his most vulnerable. Once they gave his backstory as a black ops wetwork merc, that actually explains most of his reasoning and logic the entire show. Plus is memeing but for as much as Killmonger was supposed to be a Malcom X style Black Panther (they think they were smart about the allusions but sucked at it), he came off much more relatable and driven than T'Challa. He didn't wait around for people to suck his dick like T'Challa did and didn't have everyone rushing in to cheat on his behalf. He won fair and square because he was a man on a mission but T'Challa Gary Stu'd the victory. Don't get me wrong we knew T'Challa was going to win so he can be KANGZ in Infinity War but the entire way they did it was garbage, especially if you read the BP comics and knew why most of the "hero" tcharacters were badly written and ass pulled for T'Challa wank. Also I find it hilarious because as a BP reader, everything Killmonger did in the movie is exactly what Marvel had BP do in Black Panther & The Crew, Coates BP, Kwanzer BP, and even though notMarvel but shilled like it was, Kwanzer's Black/Black AF. I know MCU=/=Earth 616 but I kept watching Black Panther and was thinking, "Killmonger a coldsteel edgelord but he's honest about it and played by the rules while T'Challa a shit as he hides behind tradition but breaks with cheats to keep his throne, something that the Panther God in the comics would have rebuked and removed his powers for."
>Both mfw watching the movie and seeing the flower cheat and the Dorja/White Gorilla asspull.

Xhosa is already pretty famous thanks to native speakers like Nelson Mandela, and the asker is pridefully ignorant besides what with his willingness to dismess the entire continent as "jungle bunnies"

>But it sucks they had to make him irredeemable.
They didn't really. Well not if you're black.

They called him the ape or something.

Didn't he shoot his girlfriend?

Fair. But it's expected from this site. Personally I didn't know about xhosa until recently. I'm more familiar with Western Africa, and South Africa tends to begin and end with the Zulu for me.

>Ego

Really?

Incorrect. Black Panther itself was influenced by politics in some ways, like the need for a black superhero in the first place, and even in the movie N'Jadaka has a political view. Try again.

They never called him that, but the costume was spot on