Be john k

>be john k
>be an undoubtedly talented animator
>create a popular cartoon that changed the face of cartoons with its emotion and (chaotic) energy
>but be a shitty individual and a nightmare to work with
>get kicked off your own show
>spend the next few years doing dick all other than being spiteful
>the few works made since then, although having that trademark animation, have been absolute shit otherwise
what's his deal, exactly? my moneys on a god complex - only he knows whats best and everyone else is in his way. he needed barriers and to cooperate with other people on r&s for his "humor" to actually work, and without them you get shit like adult party cartoon

Who cares. He’s an actual, literal pedophile. He should be in jail.

I don't remember the exact words but one user way back when described John K. as a flame. Probably managed and controlled the flame can produce purposeful heat, and warm all things around it. However, if left to it's own devices the flame with grow into a raging inferno, destroying everything around until it eventually burns itself out.

its a shame because a part of me wishes he wasnt such a fuck up and that he continued to work on shit. r&s was my favorite show growing up and theres still not much like it to this day

Why is it whenever I think of something or google something a thread about it shows up here minutes later?

because you are me in another universe

In his defense the producers at Spike TV forced him to add more obvious and raunchy humor into the show because they wanted to be sure they could get a more mature audience

I find something more intriguing about him and other creators:
>Make a very successful cartoon
>Don´t make anything relevant after that
Butch Hartman, Matt Groening, Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and him are examples of this

His cartoon was signed the same time as rocko. What did he do that rocko didn't?

>Butch hartman and Matt Groening
Because Futurama and Danny phantom are just figments of your imagination

trey parker and matt stone are talentless hacks, mike judge btfo those 2 hacks

rocko was much more subtle (for kids, that is)

John has always been the cause of his own demise. Even his contemporaries will tell you that. Fuck his talent; he's an asshole that's not worth bringing up everyday.

>be miyazakki
>be an undoubtedly talented animator
>create a popular movies that changed the face of nothing with its emotion and (chaotic) energy
>but be a shitty individual and a nightmare to work with
>make a bad movie nobody remembers
>spend the next few years doing dick all other than being dead

>Butch Hartman, Matt Groening
>Danny Phantom and Futurama don't exist
>Trey Parker, Matt Stone
Comedy Central will not cancel South Park as long as they're still alive. They're never going to escape.

>Implying those have the same success

>Danny Phantom (shit) and Futurama (got cancelled bacause poor ratings) were not successful as their main shows
Fixed

Untrue. John doesn't listen to producers. He thought Onward and Upward was what people wanted.

Ren & Stimpy rarely aired on Nick in my country. MTV showed it way more often, which is where the 2003 revival should've gone to, not Spike.

>Trey Parker, Matt Stone
Pic related says hello.

>>but be a shitty individual and a nightmare to work with
I heard he was kind of an asshole
>He’s an actual, literal pedophile.
but this? wtf happened? is he in jail or did he say/do something creepy to a fan back in the day??

This is a common trend in creative types.

>Neutral Milk Hotel
>Neon Genesis Evangelion
>Star Wars Original Trilogy
>Minecraft

Even the successful creatives that don’t get rich off one particular work usuallt have an easily explainable “brand” that basically provides a good taste of whatever they’ll make (Wes Anderson, Sorkin). What’s rare are the David Bowie, Kanye West types who are constantly reinventing their image with every new major release. It takes a lot of talent to pull that off.

>>Star Wars Original Trilogy

He gets at least half the credit for the three good Indiana Jones movies.

Well said

Literally who?

>kanye west
>talented
kek

Kanye West I can agree on, but Davit Bowie?

pure cringe...

I'd say this counts as a pretty big achievement
Critically acclaimed, won a couple grammys, multiple tonys
Honestly, if you haven't heard of it, maybe you should duck out of society

Both of you are idiots
I forgot Sup Forums was filled with poor taste nowadays
Like, are you guys crossboarders or something?

I would also add Alex Hirsch, and Hirsch is similar to John K in obvious ways.

>Butch Hartman
He made 4 shows and is currently making anime-lite.
>Matt Groening
He's making a Dungeons and Dragons cartoon for Netflix.
>Trey Parker, Matt Stone
They did Book of Mormon and seem content with South Park other than that.

Fuck off plebbit, kanye is bullshit, at least Bowie had a long carreer

Sorry, Bowies music too white for me

Google is your friend.

you're not even trying

He has daddy issues
so strong that it's creepy as fuck

George Liquor is based on his dad

And Industrial Light and Magic, Skywalker Sound, and the rest of the highly acclaimed and prolific production divisions of Lucasfilm. Speaking of Lucasfilm, as a producer he also has been extremely successful.

>"I´m George Liquor... American"
Never got the joke

>unironically liking Le funi alien guy

I think even his animation is pretty bad now. He abuses scale/rotate/translate tools constantly and it just sticks out so badly compared to his hand-drawn animation frames that it makes it look like garbage. Even stuff like the Simpson couch gags he did a few years back look like trash, it's hard to tell what's going on, the pacing is terrible and the Frank Grimes one looks like it would be at home on Newgrounds in the year 2004.

He definitely has a lot of talent, but it's clear that he needs other people to help him make the best of it, and not just sitting around with his dick in his hand making low-effort garbage. It's kind of like a George Lucas scenario where the adversity helped make the product better.

Me neither. The whole George Liquor character itself never really felt funny to me, I'm sure John thinks it's hilarious but he just isn't that interesting or likable or even funny to begin with.