How come that people don't care anymore about Iron Man?

How come that people don't care anymore about Iron Man?

He's just white cyclops, total ripoff character

>says the guy asking about him

got too popular/mainstream that people got sick of him?

especially if you think he's getting too vital for the MCU in terms of he affects other heroes origin stories.

Because he's a shit character and writers don't know how to write him
Though I honestly believe they did a good job with MCU Tony, for what good it's worth

His first movie got him a surge of popularity but that's wearing off, he's going back to being the B-lister he's been since the 60's.

Bendis

>he's going back to being the B-lister he's been since the 60's.
This, there's a reason he was the leader of the Avengers for a long-ass time (the Avengers was originally concieved as a way to corral all of Marvel's lowest selling heroes into a single ongoing book)

no one cares about Iron Man they care about RDJ

Captain America 2

burned out.
now days is just: oh its tony fucking up again or saving the day again with some last minute device, whoopie fucking do

Even less people care about Captain America as a character.

Iron Man had 3 solo movies while Captain America had some Avengers joining in part 2 and almost every single Avenger and introducing more new characters in part 3.

No one reads comics and Iron Man was never that popular of a character. People and Disney still suck MCU-Tony/RDJ's dick though.

He's just a more unlikable B-list version of Batman

What exactly are taking his observation from user because if you're taking it from Sup Forums then I'd hate to break it to you but the mass majority of anons here have never actually read any of his books. They love to shit him on him but never read any books of import. Also Bendis certainly isn't helping things

Because armored adventures got cancelled.

>Because he's a shit character
>Though I honestly believe they did a good job with MCU Tony

So MCU Iron man is the best version of the character then?

to be fair, ever since that show got cancelled talk on ironman comics got more and more silent I think

Iron Man is a white man. Kike SJW Hollyweird propaganda shills cannot have that.. Now we have to worship niggers and "independent and fierce" twats, and don't forget the trannies.

Damn you're mad

No interesting stories.He's just there...doing things

Civil War ruined him as a character in the comics and was never able to bounce back from being the one who killed Cap

>How come that people don't care anymore about Iron Man?

the movies have cooler dudes now like Loki and Rocket Raccoon

the Bendis comics both were called Iron Man but starred a different character

Ultimate Tony is best Tony

His comics are boring and full of retcon origin stories. He went from a Vietnam PoW to an Iraq PoW. From Howard's legitimate child to his adopted bastard. From Howard's adopted bastard to a SHIELD informant's unwanted baby. From adult Tony to teen Tony to superior Tony back to adult to Tony to ai Tony. Constantly switching between wealthy and homeless status.

>How come that people don't care anymore about Iron Man?
He's Marvel's second most profitable character, what the fuck are you talking about?

You didn't think it was weird he got Hot toys replicas of just about every MCU Iron Man armor + some recolors? His shit sells like hot cakes.

Keep in mind, I'm talking about MCU Tony. 616 Tony's had too many retards writing him for too long now.

His comics sell like shit despite MCU success and his movie franchise is basically dead. No new movie and nothing but co-starring in other people's movies.

>His comics sell like shit despite MCU success
You say that, but the nigga's hasn't been cancelled since his MCU debut. In fact, has Iron Man ever actually been cancelled? He's had a turbulent canon, but I'm not aware of any time where his ongoing was straight up cancelled.

>and his movie franchise is basically dead.
You mean the trilogy's is basically over. Marvel would LOVE to do an Iron Man 4, negotiations permitting, and you know damn well if they announce another installment for Phase 4, people are going to lose their shit.

>No new movie and nothing but co-starring in other people's movies.
That has less to do with lack of popularity and more to do with the fact that his solo movies have pretty much wrapped up the arc they started, not to mention that RDJ is crazy expensive (hence negotiations.) See above statement.

Besides, the fact that's he's co-starring in other people's films is a testament to his popularity, not lack thereof. RDJ Stark has basically supercharged the ticket sales of two Phase 3 films so far.

>He's Marvel's second most profitable character
This.

He's basically replaced Wolverine as one of Marvel's poster boys, so I don't know where you guys are getting the idea that nobody cares about Iron Man anymore. Maybe Sup Forums doesn't, but Sup Forums makes a point to dislike/be ambivalent about popular things.

I honestly think the breaking point was the 'many suits being piloted by Jarvis' moment in the movies. It made the suit itself unremarkable, something mass produced and computer controlled

Multiple suits is Doom's gimmick, and Doom does it better, because each suit believes that it's the real Doom

Tony himself is not necessarily extremely interesting. He became more neurotic, and never got his courage+redemption arc.

>anymore
No one ever cared about Iron Man.

shitty b-lister that got lucky

superior tony was great but that got shafted for events and bendis

He’s a Dicklet control-freak who in reality is a villain. He just has good PR and gets away with it. Stark IS a villain.

Stark hasn't been Iron Man for a while; RiRi is a potentially good character that's hurt by a 40 year old white guy writing her, Doom is above Iron Man altogether.

The bigger problem is that he's written inconsistently and changes writers frequently.
Every writer wants to do something different with Tony, so he gets retconned ever other story. Despite the comic being called Iron Man, there's little actual technology or mech-focused writing. Tony's treated like a generic superhero, which is a shame because he's best characterized when he's outsmarting his foes. Not to mention the side characters in Iron Man comics are usually crap, which hurts it further.

People gave the Ultimate universe a lot of shit (which it rightfully deserved), but its deception of Tony (barring the garbage Orson Scott Card solo) was the most consistent and creative that he had been since Demon in a Bottle.

because teen tony best tony

>Stark IS a villain.
He's a conniving cunt but he does more good than bad in the long run. The world pretty much owes it's continued existence to Tony Stark just as much as it does every other Avenger.

>People gave the Ultimate universe a lot of shit (which it rightfully deserved), but its deception of Tony (barring the garbage Orson Scott Card solo) was the most consistent and creative that he had been since Demon in a Bottle.

MCU Tony is mostly just Ultimates Tony with a hint of 616 worked in, which is probably how RDJ and Marvel made him so popular.

Tiny Stank is a has been.

I work as a picker for Amazon Warehouse, so feel free to treat this as purely anecdotal, but when Captain America: Civil War and Spider-man: Homecoming released in theaters, I picked more orders for Mark 46 and Mark 47 toys respectively than I did for either film's titular hero. Seriously, I'm talking about a 5-1 ratio, here, and one suit is literally a recolor of the other.

That said, Cap and Spidey sold a lot more underwear, T-Shirts, and Comfortors, so it's hard to tell who is truly the more profitable, but from what I can tell, Iron Man's still extremely popular.

>Even less people care about Captain America as a character.
Yeah that's why Cap won the Civil War poll or why in last year's halloween his costume sold more than Iron Man's.

Honestly Tony's popularity is waning the more characters they introduce and ever since Winter Soldier Cap became a lot of people's favorite.

Tony still reigns supreme in China and Korea tho but it's mostly the armor more than the character.

I do care about Tony. But every time something interesting happens to the character, he gets status quo'd through events and retcons before it can even be fleshed out.
I'm just disappointed because Marvel keeps dropping the ball with him again and again. I'm getting burned and my interest on the character is suffering for it.

Once RDJ leaves no one will give a shit about Iron Man.

Because ultimately his character and what can be done with him is a puddle deep. There isn't much character development in him to begin with.

Cyclops for brainlets

Superior was the only good version of him but than fucking Secret Wars happened.

Literally the polar opposite of what you just said is true.

Tony Stark is one of the few superheroes that you can literally do ANYTHING with. I mean, fuck, he became the sorcerer fucking supreme in one universe.

His defining features are alcoholism, assholism, and sleeps around a lot. He represents nothing, holds no great ideal unlike Spidey or Captain America. People only care about Robert Downey Jr.

Shit writers for the comics.

The last good IM writer was Gillen, and only when he was writing the dynamic between Tony and 616 Arno Stark.

Goddamn, I fucking miss Arno. He's been ignored since Superior Iron Man.

IM1 was 20 years ago

Even D-Man?

Extremis was such a cool concept. Shame its powers rarely come up anymore.

Extremis could have easliy cured Tony from his Civil War 2 slumber.

I work at a school in northern Europe, and last week was a children's costume holiday similar to Halloween.

Not one child at the school wore an Iron Man outfit, in fact the only marvel characters I saw were some Spiderman and Hulk costumes but only on the youngest kids.

DC had some presence but mostly these kids seem uninterested in superheroes.

over exposure in movies and shitty stories in comics

Got overplayed in the MCU, he started interesting but is kind of a one-note character so now that he has been in three movies about him and had a pretty central role in the Avengers movies, he's running out of fuel so to speak.
As for the comics
>Ririplacement

>Ririplacement

What's that? Don't you like the NEW AND IMPROVED Iron Man?
What are you, some kind of racist woman-hater?

Dont you have children to murder?

Yea, noone remembers any of that anymore.

LOL MATH AMIRITE

>even as obnoxious as this "dialogue" already is, you are now aware that she had to say out loud open parentheses and close parentheses

Who's excited about Slott's up coming run? Probably very few. I'll give it a shot.

With Ant-Man and The Wasp having Ghost as the villain my hopes for ghost story are quite good.

I’m kinda looking forward to it. All I want is Old-School, Howard Hughes, Right-Wing, Pro-Millitary Stark. We won’t get that, but at least we won’t get Bendis’ Hippie Trash.

Don't forget this.

>implying his toys aren't about to outsell literally every other Avenger, just like every other Avengers movie

isn't this basically ironhearts armor.
They might as well have gone all the way and changed the faceplate too since that one is better IMO

Shit comics.

I remember people were fairly hyped off the comics after... Secret Invasion? And that Matt Fraction run that was okay. And then they gave the book to Kieron Gillen. Neat right?
Know why no one ever talks about that book? Greg Land is the artist or at least the beginning of it.
And then they did weird Superior shit with it.
And then they gave it Bendis to shit up with Riri shit.

It never feels like at any point they went "people like this character for these reasons, let's do THAT book" and not fuck it up in fundamental way (like putting Greg Land on it)

Iron Heart's armor is Iron Man's Model Prime armor with tits. He basically gave it to her.

Also, it's more like the Bleeding Edge with Modal Prime worked in.

He had exactly one very good movie and was the poster memelord before everyone stole from him and ultimately turned him uninteresting. He literally only worked well in his origin story and the Civil War movie, everywhere else across the movie's it's been RDJ carrying and in the comics he might as well not exist because he is boredom incarnate

>People gave the Ultimate universe a lot of shit (which it rightfully deserved),
why?

>isn't this basically ironhearts armor.
>ironhearts

It's the MCU's Bleeding Edge, transformative properties and all.

I think he is a shit character. He is more of a Marvel Crossover Event character than a proper comic book character.

>smarmy capitalist
The coolest thing about Iron Man is his armor and there are other characters with it now.

I think Tonys redemption arc is going to be infinity war or avengers 4

Writers keep making him into some pseudo-villain asshole and then they killed him.

He has not actually appeared in a comic in over a year.

probably no more than Batman, at this point I think somehow Tony still has more friends than Bruce. He cannot help but fuck over most people he knows with his controlling dickish nature

what the fuck is this art? Can this guy even draw faces?

And other similar stuff.

Nothing against Arno, but one can see that the entire adoption thing was a huge unnecessary letdown for the character and his world.

the red fonts are ugly as shit and hard to read

its not for comics at all but for typography

>He's basically replaced Wolverine as one of Marvel's poster boys

Then how come that Marvel vs Capcom Inifinite DLC sold like crap?

One of the main complains was no X-men and we all know that specially Wolverine was a character that people wanted to see.

>Yeah that's why Cap won the Civil War poll or why in last year's halloween his costume sold more than Iron Man's.

Because pulling off a Captain America costume its easier, while the Iron Man generic halloween costume its dissapointing compared to what you see in the movies.

Funny how LetoJoker was miles above those two in popularity.

user... Tony has NO friends. Bruce has his extended family and Supes. Tony doesn’t even have Jarvis at this point. All he has is a lying, backstabbing negro.

And Bruce is at least hung and huge. Tony isn’t that lucky. He’s got an average dick, slightly above average height and good enough face. Bruce is the epitome of human perfection.

The MCU's Tony made the writer's at Marvel change the way they write Tony whether they meant to or not. Before 2011, Iron Man was still a serious character. He was snarky, but not a goofball. He was a guy who was serious but had a confident edge of arrogance that he occasionally dished out. Tthe first Iron Man movie's version of Tony Stark started out ridiculously assholish, but he eventually started resembling the comics' Stark in how seriously he took things. He was still a self-confident bastard, but he wasn't a totally quip-machine. Iron Man 2 lost this, though. They went from the first film's "he's grown, though he still has more to learn" to "Okay, now it's going to his head". There're still moments of that seriousness, but it's overshadowed by Tony getting in a drunken fight, flying on top of a donut, and so on and so forth. The comics took Iron Man's status as a celebrity in the movies and created their own warped exaggeration on that. Tony Stark in their comics is no longer just a CEO of Stark Industries, he's a goofy billionaire who's all smiles. He's Bruce Wayne's fake self, always grinning and with the slipping of lame dad jokes...

Basically, they literally took all the wrong ways that Tony was meant to react and over-played it so much that they've hollowed him out into a Marvel Mascot, defined by only the exaggeration of the MCU's surface traits of Iron Man.

The public's shallow perception of the character is shared by the amateur writers who are now under Marvel. Because most of these writers are more familiar with the MCU and their own idea of how they should make him be written, these writer's have slowly twisted the actual nature of the character to meet the false expectations of how he should be based on normie views that they themselves share. This effectively kills whatever Tony Stark was in behavior and more as he will forever be contributed (and advertised by Disney, no less) with an idiotic, unrelated persona.

Why do you ahte Rodhey so much. He is a great friend to Tony, saved his life countless time and I remember Rhodey joined Stark Enterprises to protect Tony’s legacy ,after the Crossing, whilst the corporation is bought out and taken over by Japanese conglomerate Fujikawa Industries. Rhodey learns that Fujikawa Industries are interested in Stark’s armors, and so Rhodes infiltrates Stark-Fujikawa’s mainframe and sacrifices the Eidolon Warwear in order for it to mesh with the servers and wipe all traces of Stark’s armors from the system.
And he stood true to Stark during every shit - Civil War, Dark Reign and other stuff.
Rodhey is a more brutal and yet more stable Iron Man.

>And Bruce is at least hung and huge.
Ah, you that retard...

Better than mainstream. Ultimate Tony was pretty good too. It helped that he was one of the few fun guys in what became a shitty grimdark AU.

>This characters are smart because they know things that every single brainlet know

2x/2(x^1)x = ?
CHECKMATE BRAINLETS REEREE IS A DJEENIUS Y'ALL

>The last good IM writer was Gillen

muh dick. Those issues gave me uncomfortable feelings.

well Ryan Meinerding designed Bleeding Edge for the comics, it's just coming full circle

Because it was a genuinely awful game. The Roster is the least of it's problems.

How so? Phil Saunders designed the Mark L, even claiming he used RM's Bleeding Edge as inspiration.

too popular but I doubt the MCU will let him do anything interesting

The MCU is just about the only place where Iron Man is doing anything interesting anymore.

Because he is a 15 year-old Afro-Yankee dekisugi chan.

Civil War II happened