People didn't like Early Man

>people didn't like Early Man

So I guess it's all up to the Nike guy now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ip1igmoPSD8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>people
>I< didn't see it yet, fuck people.

I thought he only threw money at Studio Laika.

That depends. Will Laika's next movie be a bait and switch about football?

This was the biggest bummer. When I first heard Nick Park was going to return to direct it, I was really excited and thought a prehistoric setting had endless creative potential. The moment word got out it was a soccer spoof, my hype died. I could see the entire formulaic movie before me, and that's exactly what it ended up being. I mean it's not bad, but it's so slight it feels pointless. I didn't know Aardman could make a movie that feels even smaller than Shaun the Sheep (which isn't to say that was a detriment to that film, or that Shaun was a bad movie even). What is it with new Aardman and football? They cram it into every movie.

It doesn't matter. It's going to get nominated for an Oscar because the Academy has a hard-on for stop-motion.

do you not know how to spoiler?

So do I. :^)

In terms of the technical prowess in the movie I guess that's fine. It should be another weak year for animation in terms of the number of entries.

Well, there's one less movie to throw a nomination on now.

Isle of Dogs will probably cockblock Aardman as the token stop motion film.

What's with you people suddenly caring about the Oscars.

They usually get at least two stop-motion movies per year.

Fucking apologise now.

that second pirate from the right looks ssuspiciously curvaceous.

>suddenly

>Blue Peter badge

Wait, there are people out there that didn't like Pirates? Oh boy...

A new contender has arrived

I like Aardman and I even saw Shaun the Sheep in theaters as an adult man but they just went overboard with the ugliness of the main character in this one. Upon seeing the trailer I had no desire to see this character on my screen ever again.

>There will never be a sequel adaptation of Pirates! In an Adventure with Communists
Shame.

I watched it last night
It was OK but the child a few seats from me asking her dad to go home didn't really make me feel like the movie will be successful with the kids.

I think I only chuckled once during the entire film, with that gag involving the prehistoric duck. The film is fucking loaded with puns, and usually I don't mind that, but they mostly fell flat here.
Otherwise, it was pretty dull. Story was super predictable and the characters weren't very memorable. And between the barren wasteland and the bronze city, even the visuals weren't particularly great this time around.

Also football is shit.

I have literally never heard of this movie before. How is it?

>the child a few seats from me asking her dad to go home
damn that makes me cringe

>making an animated movie featuring ugly characters, and its about sports

>aardman movie about caveman shenanigans
good
>mc gets kidnapped by a more advanced society, making a fish out of water situation thats ripe with comedy
great
>the main focus is soccer
literally why?

>soccer

It's like they don't want my money.

You can't always tell how kids are gonna react.
My brother took his kid to see Star Wars and they ended up leaving just before the movie started because his boy suddenly decided he didn't like being in the cinema.

>English production company that makes extremely English content continues the trend by making something as English as Were-Rabbit.

Colour me shocked.

I have a cousin who was big into the movie cars but when they took him to a big display with a full sized lightening mcqueen car the transport truck I forget the name of scared the shit out of him.

youtube.com/watch?v=ip1igmoPSD8