Brace yourselves north-americans

Dear americans,

In November, 9th, Donald Trump was elected President of the United States of America.
His candidacy was marked by several ideas, mostly quite controversial, but some not so much.

But one of them caught my attention and i would like it to be debated here, not only because it refers to something quite current but because it can affect the rest of the world.
This idea (which seems more a delirium) is about Trump's decision to repeal the Paris Agreement (a multi-nations treaty aimed at keeping the world average temperature rise "well below 2 ° C"), and to make matters worse, because of his disbelief in global warming, will most likely cut spending on programs to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

I think we will have a very dark and polluted future from now on. And you, what do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/13/trump-looking-at-quickest-way-to-quit-paris-climate-agreement-says-report
youtube.com/watch?v=ju79YT_lBVI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think Trump will be much better informed as POTUS, and I expect him to change his mind to some extent on this particular issue.

Has anyone eve been as far as to have decided to look at Trumps policies and go after for themselves? I think it would be a good use of attention thereafter.

>think we will have a very dark and polluted future from now on. And you, what do you think
That you're a moron.
Pollution in America was steadily decreasing years before any Federal government regulations and the trend downward continued unchanged after the EPA and it's pollution standards.

Environmental alarmist claims are utterly unfounded especially compared to the very real and measurable deaths in result of artificially caused energy poverty.
That and alll the global warming alarmism is vased on a thesis since been debunked

I like hot weather because it makes hot women to barely wear clothes.

It'll spur action in the private sector to counterbalance the decision. Idealist billionaires will be the key in this.

Elon Musk is ahead of the game, Bill Gates will follow suit, along with the younger members of the super-rich out of Silicon Valley.

No, you're a fucking moron. Do you actually think factory built Smog Hog systems would exist (or be as efficient) had the federal gov stepped in? Same goes for diesel emission systems on trucks.

I'm not for the feds stepping in on shit, but you're just wrong in assuming that trend of pollution would've remaind a decreasing one..

t. reigonal safety admin in factories 8 years

>I think we will have a very dark and polluted future from now on.

Yes, and?

Global warming is a myth.
Climate change and pollution are real but their haphazard amalgamation in the theory of global warming is quite simply total bollocks.

Industrialized nations have been kicking the global warming can down the road for 12,000 years.
Trump is a pig who will do nothing about it just like all the republicans since then...

OP has been a faggot for 12,000 years, too. Nobody has done a thing about that, either

Seriously?

Excerpt taken from an article:

'To atual date, global temperature has risen by almost 1.5 degrees Celsius since 1850, with most of this increase occurring only in the last two decades.

Using climate projections foreseen by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change on what will happen if our current carbon emissions rates continue to rise, the new chart (click on the image) adds another 84 years to the account, describing a grim scenario in which Global temperatures rise by almost 5 degrees Celsius by the end of the century.
Of course, this projection is what will happen if nothing changes. As hope is the last to die, there is still a chance that human beings (especially Trump) and their governments will become aware of and begin to cut their emissions. '

Why don't you go after China and other gross contributors to pollution before you go after us? We're already cleaner than virtually every other country (per hectare). Why do we need to get even cleaner? Oh yeah, so we won't be the industrial power house we once were.

Anyone watch that film that DiCaprio made? The film where he asks Obama about the Paris agreement? Does anyone remember what Obama's response was?
>So you're happy with what came of it? [Paris Agreement]
I was happy that we put the architecture in place. The targets set in Paris are nowhere near enough for what the scientists tell us we have to do eventually to solve this problem. But if we can use the next 20 years to apply existing technologies to reduce carbon emissions, and then slowly start turning up the dials as new technologies come online, so that we have more and more ambitious targets each year, then, we're not gonna completely reverse the warming that is now inevitable, but we can stop it before it becomes catastrophic.
>20 years
>before it becomes catastrophic.
pick one, because if you just signed an agreement that says you're going to take 20 years to get your ass moving, then fuck it.

>muh co2
Jumping Don Flash is a gas, gas, gas!

This.

So much fucking this

What's the issue with global warming? Oh wow now it's gonna be -20 instead of -30 AHHHHH SO BAD WOW END OF THE WORLD
kill yourself faggots

Because we expect the US to capable of reason, while the Chinese are fucking cunts.

Shhh. You're telling the inconvenient truth.
Stop that. It's not allowed.

Trump will do a 180 on climate change

I'm okay with the world ending anyway, but the fastest way to get a new set of political paradigms in the US is to make the current system crash and burn so fucking hard there's no question in anyone's mind that it needs to be replaced.

Trump is the potential first step to the latter. I hope he's every bit as bad as people suspect (though I doubt it), if not worse, because it'll hasten the death of the American political system completely. Realistically, Trump will backpedal on pretty much every policy he suggested, be steered around by his VP and cabinet which will collude with congress to continue business as usual.

I hope global warming plunges us into a second dark age, assuming the understanding of it is mostly accurate.

Pretty much this. China wont stop. Then just take it from them. At least in america you can make sure you use those filters to decrease it. Do you think that they give a fuck in china?

That is unimportant, if we cut back on all emissions, to the point of having none, then china can still cause the warming people bitch about but no one says to china to stop it or fix their shit. Why make us do it when we contribute so little compared to china who contributes much more?

In a world of jewry there can be no reason but profit Sven, its the first truth there is.

>Excerpt taken from an (((article))):

Why would the Environmentalism Industry publish anything that didn't promote their religion?

Sorry to interrupt, but China, despite being the largest emitter of pollutants, is the one that invests most in the fight against environmental pollution.

In addition to clean energy moves the economy of the country, with the creation of companies and industries dedicated to the sale and manufacture of sustainable material, and improving the quality of life of its population.

USA has the same potential, only need to take advantage of it.

We havent need gasoline, ever, we only use it cause people allow corruption to dominate them and their minds.

Grow the fuck up and realize the real problem. Then and only then will we be allowed to go to the stars

Bring it on tough guy :3

>Trump's decision to repeal the Paris Agreement

Source?

>China, despite being the largest emitter of pollutants, is the one that invests most in the fight against environmental pollution.

Yet, China still continues building coal factories. China is not good boy here.

>is the one that invests most in the fight against environmental pollution.

Or so they claim. It's not like they lie almost continuously about gross coal consumption, emissions, or other figures of merit.

That would be absurd.

I want concern trolling to end. Holy shit and here I thought user t.a.lk spam was bad.

>invests most in the fight against environmental pollution

In the form of meme technologies like solar power. Are we assuming that the Chinese have fallen for millennial leftist delusions?

>Much better informed as POTUS

I certainly hope so coming from a guy who stated that the unemployment rate in the US was over 30%

This is the problem with you retards. You just take every """article""" and every """scientists""" word for fucking everything. Global warming was proven to be a haox. Climate change is real but its natural. The artic ice was never melting in the way they claimed, it was simply melting and refreezing at different points.

Why dont you get it yet? All this shit is politiscience, its just more shit for globalist shills to pretend is an issue and force false narratives down peoples throats.

I mean really, the earth has been through so much shit, and you think some fucking methane is going to destroy the world because of fear mongering?

trump is going to govern similarly to grover cleveland from a fiscal and domestic perspective

he isn't all that extreme, idk why leftists say this

deporting violent criminals and banning immigration from syria is just common sense

he hasn't even said anything about gays, that stuff is left for mike "feel the itch, flip the switch" pence

Except it isn't true. The United States are the second highest in CO2 emissions, but have the largest emission per capita. It's also one of the leaders in water pollution.

are you actually retarded? The increase in heat will significantly lower food output, which affects everyone. CO2 is also acidic when dissolved in water, and acidifying the ocean is extremely bad for everything that lives there. Not to mention infectious disease that will be able to spread out further

I can't believe somebody would be stupid enough to think it's just strictly about temperature without any other negative effects

I don't know why people would think scientists have some sort of hidden agenda that they would want to make up this shit. It's not like they would gain anything from lying. Some people would argue that they do it for more funding, but that makes no sense considering funding would be going towards climate change research, and if they scientist knows it's a lie, they wouldn't waste their time "studying" something that's already disproved.

Honestly you wouldn't go to your lawyer if you needed surgery, so why don't people trust climate scientists instead of politicians? Especially politicians who don't even know their own fields (say like Trumps "40%" unemployment rate claim)

almost had me

>programs to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
Can we fuck off with this meme already?
They take all the climate change money, use it to pay their friends in the major universities to run the same tired old studies again and again and again and again but none of it goes towards fixing everything.

Increases in heat would make plants grow, giving more crops/food though and more plants would help cut CO@ given that plants convert it.

>hidden agenda
When you do research and you need money to do it, you get it from somewhere right (grants/government/private money)? And you want to continue doing research and stuff so you need money later right? So you it would be best if you had data that fit what the people who gave you money wants, so they give you money later right?

Right-click the filename and go "save linked content as."

She is amazing.

biff timeline

No one cares about your "rain forest", go away southamericanigger

Yknow, let's go with this global warming thing right? The US isn't the fuckin problem. It's China who are the ones who don't give a damn and who who have to wear masks in certain places because the air is so shit.

I hear around in 2030 they won't even have any clean water anymore. So if anyone is the threat here, go bother China. The US has been doing its part to keep better about this kinda thing.

>Source?
theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/13/trump-looking-at-quickest-way-to-quit-paris-climate-agreement-says-report

>Yet, China still continues building coal factories. China is not good boy here.

China really is not a saint on this issue, but it has become an example in the fight against environmental pollution. This is what I'm trying to say.

m8, as someone who knows a lot about academia, trust me that scientists lie all the fucking time, especially in the humanities, and "environmental science" is barely a science. The only people I know that are in environmental science right now are people who failed to be Biology or Chemistry majors.

A hectare is not unit for measuring population, dumbass. I specifically used a measurement of area because it's completely asinine to compare our populace to some densely populated euro country regarding pollution.

By the way, America also consumes many times more tons of "green house gasses" per capita, or per hectare, than any euro country because of our vast forests and fields, essentially untouched and processing and purifying huge quantities of CO2. You owe us financial compensation for cleaning up your mess.

The only question is why should i pay to international organizations when air keeps getting worse, water keeps getting more polluted due to international companies, when people changed to bio light bulbs(who are actually have poison inside), when people forced to drive cleaner cars, when we get tax for light pollution(have less wasteful night light than any 100000 major city on planet).
We pay and nothing gets done. They talk about bio fuel, for which they need to cut down forests to plant bio palms to produce bio fuel. They talk about bio, forcing native production to use corporate products, literally killing native nature produced grapes or anything else to die, not even allowed to be sold without paying massive money. They aren't trying to save planet Earth, they are only exploiting people's good nature.

What up with all this shilling for global warming? it is fake. FEIKKKKK.

Paris doesn't even tries to save itself, it has a very dark and polluted genetics.
youtube.com/watch?v=ju79YT_lBVI

You are correct

Trump has some great ideas, but environmental stuff is one area that he falls short and has to change on.

It's called global warming not global acid

>keeping the world average temperature rise "well below 2 ° C"

Good luck. During the cretaceous period, the average temperature was 4 ° C above the current average and and there was 6 times as much CO2 in the atmosphere. We had nothing to do with that.