Other urls found in this thread:

corecommendedcomics.wikia.com/wiki/Sup
youtube.com/channel/UC1ZtauWih38Lr1aVEXuZybw/videos
youtube.com/channel/UCYJAToPH5GSGShP7Yoc3jsA/videos
youtube.com/user/strangebrainparts/videos
youtube.com/channel/UCQvE-HMyYc_IUizEz9Ar2GQ/videos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

any good comic will be made into a movie

Why the comic book industry shrinking to near death is a good thing!

Anything that doesn't adapt is bound to die.

>US problems thread

#movetheneedle

>Sup Forums hates the big 2, thinks floppies are antiquated, and brags about reading pirated indies on their leapfrog tablet
>lol its da SJWs fault comics suck now!

>thinks floppies are antiquated
They are.

good recs

Floppies are by far the best way to read a comic.
>earliest format available
>no image loss from crease or screen panning
>light and easy to hold
>reason to go to comic store and look at all the new stuff on the shelves, talk to people etc.
Unless you are living in third world tier poverty or have crippling social anxiety there is no reason you shouldn't be getting them.

they are, but that neither using comixology and buying tpb is like buying shit exported from France

World problem*

What? Say that again because it doesn't make sense.

Buying alt shit is expensive as fuck if you aren't a burger.
>please buy my 5-page comix funnies, they are only 10 bucks
>tfw taxes are 50 times more expensive than the product

Graphic novels are read because they're sold in actual book stores
Floppies are stagnant but without the Big 2, they're fucked

>People still take this dumbass seriously

I hope you like ads

>teeny weeny low budget yuro companies dont have this problem
You're right, you have to build something up before you can worry about it falling down.

>People still take this dumbass seriously

Why not?

I don't read capes that often, but I usually pick up an autobio-Graphic novel every time I'm at the library
Gave this a read, pretty good story and foray into mental illness

Too expensive cheaper to get trades.

What was wrong ?

He's Keemstar tier
His fanbase is Mr. Enter tier except Enter's fans actually care about cartoons
He isn't this savior of comics outragefags see as nor is he this menace to the other side of outragefags.
He's just a colossal retard who got triggered by Lois driving a van

That’s not even close to being true

>Unless you are living in third world tier poverty
We already covered this.

>I hope you like ads
>a few house ads and a candy ad
oh fuck my comic is ruined

>most expensive
>filled with ads
>sold in comic shops reeking of piss, sweat and owner's depression
>stunting creativity and by forcing creators to produce art in short chapters of equal length, it forces creators to page pad and cut out good bits
>only small number of braindead burgers still buy comics this way because "muh nostalgia"
>they believe that comics would die off if they'd stop
I really feel inadequate in comparison to floppy master race.

>Too expensive
$4 a month to buy an issue of your favorite run is not expensive

>trades.
>image loss from crease

Everything

maybe if its Marvel and their 5 bucks a book

See that's my problem with him. I absolutely hate how the "pros" treat fans on social media so I think it's funny how re riles them up, but his criticism especially when "reviewing" DC is just retarded.

i'm not poor, i just don't think that wasting 70 bucks on import taxes to read a shitty rhodesian sequential art leaflet is a good idea.
the other choice is buying fanta stuff, but i can't bother with buying the same books about fletcher hanks every two months.

Graham is legit terrible and only hipsters like him.

Floppies are fucking awful. I don't want a story to be drip-fed to me once every month that also forces me to drive to a piss-smelling comic store. They're also harder to store and flimsier than an actual book. Fuck floppies, the only reason they're supported is because "m-muh tradition and collecting".

I read comics, I talk about them, but everyone I know who says they do, don't. They just watch the movies -- but no DCEU, unless it's Wonder Woman. It makes it hard because they'll talk about a story they say they wanna read but haven't found, so I'll buy it for them as a birthday present (along with something else not comic-related, of course) and they'll never read it either. It's like having to be friends with the people on the Big Bang Theory; they only talk about shit they've heard from Youtube or comic websites and pretend they read/buy them. Every single thing you hear makes you cringe, but you don't want to correct them or point things out obnoxiously. You'll feel like you're being kind of autistic and assholish for doing that, and you'll SOUND that way too if you do it even once! So you just nod and listen, not bothering to say much because you don't want to accuse them all of being fakes and make everything so awkward. After all, you do like them as friends, you don't want that! But it comes with the cost of being able to speak your speak your mind. You can't disagree with them and you can't talk about liking a certain run that's current or old because they don't read it! They just don't! And what's worse is when they're once of those artistic people who act like they know dick about politics just because they're an artist or some shit like that. They spout opinions as fact despite not even reading a comic, or making an effort to be objective when watching a movie or reading a book. It's all about finding something they can feel like they're a part of because they want so desperately to belong. And when you call them out politely, they react in the way most people caught lying do: severely defensive. It's not like you go up and call them a fucking fake but silently acknowledge "Dude, it's okay if you like something even though I know you don't read it; I honestly don't care because I still like you as my friend, and I'm okay with that!"

It fucking sucks.

I do. Good ones, too. Not a lot picks up steam in the mainstream but we live in an era where I can comfortably buy comics directly from the artists I like.

>But it comes with the cost of being able to speak your speak your mind.
I meant "NOT being able to speak your mind"

>They spout opinions as fact despite not even reading a comic, or making an effort to be objective
Meant "WITHOUT making an effort to be objective"

Whoops.

Based WWJ.

this

>muh piss smelling store
if you are going to samefag at least but some effort into it

He's what comics needed, when they didn't deserve anything

We never needed him
We never needed him to get DC Rebirth, to get Hellcat cancelled, to get Angela cancelled, to get Yoshida promoted, etc
He shows up and creates dumb twitter drama and that's all.

do people really bag their comic books? i just do whatever with them

I am going to go shill comics on Sup Forums and Sup Forums since Sup Forums doesn't read them any more. Wish me luck.

only nice/old ones

>Sup Forums and Sup Forums
They'll just pull out outragefagbait from years ago
Also, don't be a shill, shills are cancer

most stores i've been to sell them bagged and boarded

The one near me only bags the ones in bargain bins and whenever I read them the corners of the binding wear down so I figure "fuck it", but maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I am going to send them all here and there is nothing you can do to stop me.

>I am going to send them all here and there is nothing you can do to stop me.
Sup Forums already goes to Sup Forums for outrage bullshit
They're part of the Unholy Trinity along with Sup Forums and tumblr

>Sup Forums already goes to Sup Forums for outrage bullshit
I guess you have nothing to worry about then.

>linking tumblr screencaps

kill yourself

It's Graham

who´s the other guy?

Earl Grey, Strange Brain Parts, Strip Panel Naked

I only know strip panel naked, i like that guy

They are and DC is trying to produce more TPBs or elseworlds cause new readers want books with 200 pages like mangas

>Sitterson
>Still relevant
Instead of holding a "SJWs ruined comics/comics are dead" attitude, go to a library, read something good, and recommend that to others.

my nigga, good picks

I've been diving deeper into comic youtube recently, and there is a lot small youtubers that know their shit, have really good taste, but they do videos for actual comic readers, so they're in 200-2000 sub range mostly. They don't do drama or clickbait, but videos with three figure viewcounts for the love of comic books and to share what they enjoy. Made me realize how few people actually want this kind of content, and what must be the ratio of actual active fans vs typical anti-sjw viewers or former fans on outrage channels.

It’s only filled with ads if you’re a Big 2 cuck

I read comics. Only Batman and horror one-offs, but still.

there are still many "sittersons" in this dead industry

And who the fuck gives a damn about them?
Instead of getting in a month long twitter shitfest, read a good comic instead

but there are no good comics anymore

Super Sons
New Super-Man
Rumble
Green Lanterns
Red Hood and the Outlaws
Hillbilly
Mister Miracle
Doom Patrol
The Wildstorm
Fucking hell, Hellboy's coming back

Is there are good website for comic recommendations/reviews? Or a podcast. God knows this shithhole doesn't talk about good comics. The best I can find are the /shelf/ threads

Sup Forums recommended wiki
corecommendedcomics.wikia.com/wiki/Sup Forums_Recommended_Comics_Wiki

I meant for keeping up with current comics

Earl Grey
youtube.com/channel/UC1ZtauWih38Lr1aVEXuZybw/videos

Strip Panel Naked
youtube.com/channel/UCYJAToPH5GSGShP7Yoc3jsA/videos

Strange Brain Parts
youtube.com/user/strangebrainparts/videos

Comic Talk
youtube.com/channel/UCQvE-HMyYc_IUizEz9Ar2GQ/videos

Any bad comic too.

No one talks about comics. People just want adaptions so they can pretend they know and book stores can peddle out Volumes of bad runs.

I want people to read and enjoy books and their characters, but current practices need to change.

Last time I went to the store I got
>Fate of the Four
>Curse of Clayface
>Bane Conquest
>Cable
>Wild Hunt
And all of them were good. (especially fate and clayface)

4 bucks isn’t that bad at all considering all Marvel comics come with a back up digital copy

>Earl Grey
euroautism
>Strip Panel Naked
>Strange Brain Parts
hyper-analytical, useless for recommendations, especially for someone just starting
>Comic Talk
Painful to watch

Going by the way that was worded, you must be quoting someone telling others not to read comics.

Shit picks except for the last 4

Yeah, the constant feedback loops are just making it really damn hard to show people cool shit and talk about it without getting vitriolic, outraged, or both. If I wanted to get my material about 2D animation techniques to a wide enough audience these days, I'd have to turn half of it into a bunch of videos accusing Disney and Warner Bros of facilitating the decline of modern animation, and the other half into a stinkpiece series on today's artists & animators, which would doubtlessly attract the attention of both ends of the political autism spectrum.

I just want to teach people how to do the more advanced animation techniques Williams perfected, but the only people who tend to care about it these days are already too busy with actual work to make time for it, and know those techniques already. The other half are oversensitive faggots who would rather spend their time salving their own self-hatred by finding ways to tear down others, instead of consciously making the effort to improve themselves.
It's fucking annoying, is what it is. You'd think that they would actually have the commitment to actually follow through with at least one major hate crime, but all any of them do is shitpost. It's goddamn lazy.

i do! and the discussion threads die or turn into shit flinging

I like that he pisses people off by recording 10 minutes of audio in his car
>He is a nobody and he is completely insignificant but I can't stop talking about him

The number of people here that openly rely on storytimes to spoonfeed them comics is disgusting. And the way they cultishly follow people that spoonfeed them page by page is equally awful.

tl;dr

>No one reads comics but normies are dumb enough to buy variant covers and reboot #1s thinking they'll be worth Superman's first appearance levels of money in the future

SO JAY, DID YOOOOOOOOU SEE THE NEW BLACK PANTHER MOVIE?!

>feel like the only guy who's reading Spider-Gwen
>somehow 4 different stores doesn't have the last issue

Sigh

>I like X character, where can I read stories about them?
"Here's a list of all the different universes of said character, crossovers, and events. Oh and these writers did good and those other ones sucked."
>Isn't there a beginning I can start from?
"Haha, yeah. From the 40s."

I'll read them when they make something that appeals to me

what do you like?

I only got into comics recently but if feels like I’m a passenger on the titanic should I just quit now before I go to far?

action
martial arts
crime
comedy
romance

For action and comedy:
The goon.
Fucking depressed but so fucking good.
Martial arts:
Iron fist by ed brubaker.
Crime:
Fatale, a crime noir with lovecraft lore

Goon is full of *holds up spork* normalfag humor. You can't be serious.

Well, you already have more trade paperbacks/omnis floating around than you could possibly read in a lifetime, so I really don't see why you would. If anything, things are starting to change for the better anyways.

lol

Never thought that / co / would reach the point of being so fagot to not like The goon, but always get worse.

Yep. It's insane to me that people read those things, let alone have that be their only means of comics consumption. But that's almost all of the comics side of Sup Forums. It's embarrassing.

They found his body! His HAND is still attached! Think of the possibilities!

"Sup Forums" only used to like it because it was flooded with insufferable underage gaiafaggots. It's like Sam and Max with all of the good stuff taken out.

is he a tranny chaser or something

see