Continuing the Chronological Mignolaverse storytime!

Continuing the Chronological Mignolaverse storytime!

Previous thread Annotated timeline

sutori.com/story/mignolaverse

Missed the first thread for the most part, but glad to see that this storytime continues. Praise be to Ereshigal, Mother to the Ogden Jahad, and Queen and Lord of the Darkness Between The Stars

They got really good at laying story-hooks everywhere, didn't they? Between the Silver Lantern Club, Jack the Ripper and this page, they could easily do another five years of Witchfinder.

Fucking Demons and lesser servants of Darkness, man. Why is the Mignolaverse so infested with the damn things?

hey its that pointy guy

Blame Anum.

Well sure, Anum can be blamed for the creation of the Ogdru Jahad, but how was it supposed to know that Ereshigal would take advantage of the empty vessel he made and use it to wreak unending havoc upon reality for aeons to come?

Oh shit, and we could always get a mini-series on the Captain, too... assuming he's not just Gulliver.

The vessel he made was a 7 headed dragon, what did he think was gonna happen?

>The vessel he made was a 7 headed dragon, what did he think was gonna happen?
HEY. When you and your creator are in a desperate (and losing) war against Cosmic Super Satan, you'll do whatever you have to do, damn the consequences. Unfortunately, the consequences of Anum's actions may have very well damned the cosmos faster than it would have been had he chose not to bother at all.

Good to see that even if they are mostly distant, the Mignolaverse Heaven still works to aid humanity and reality overall, unlike their fellows in some comic universes.

Even though they are hands off most times the Heavenly side of the mignolaverse does come to aid sometimes, mostly through blessings and such

...Lilies? In the service of angels, indeed.

Though there was that one time when Hellboy and co had to take on an 'Angel' called up using a botched ritual. Wasn't pretty to be sure.

Such a great call back and use of floral symbolism

I'm unsure if that was an actual angel or if the scientist was too crazy. Although the seraphim of the bible were described in disturbing ways at times, and the Watchers themselves didn't look like "traditional" angels as well.

With what we know about the Visitor's people and their society, the idea of heaven and hell have been re-contextualized quite a bit for me. I'm willing to consider it an "angel" in the same sense that people are calling this moleman slave a demon, devil or vampire.

That's the way I was leaning too.

If it were an Angel, shit must have gone seriously wrong with it's 'summoning' for it to act in the manner that it did. Also; God fucking damnit Hyperborea. Why must you leave these horrors for the rest of the world to deal with long after your passing!?

Mag's is best girl.

I love that these guys come back in Hellboy in Hell

>"Yes, let's use SCIENCE against the eldritch forces of Darkness and Evil! Surely nothing could go wrong with this plan!"
Fools. Fools, the lot of them.

The Left Hand Path is a selfish one. We see its trappings through all of man's history, and its teachings are, unfortunately, difficult to stamp out. The Heliopic Brotherhood, the Oannes Society, the Osiris Club, Memnan Saa... all inheritors of that awful will.

Angels are glorious and awesome. Nobody ever claimed they were beautiful.

Civilized men laugh, But not one can tell me how Zogar Sag can call pythons and tigers and leopards out of the wilderness and make them do his bidding. They would say it is a lie, if they dared. That's the way with civilized men. When they can't explain something by their half-baked science, they refuse to believe it.

Angels in the bible are not described how we view them today and even in universe The Watchers are not very human like, just look at The Right Hand of Doom.