A Bug's Life

Is this the most underappreciated Pixar movie?
I find it better than most of the studio's recent outings prior to Coco

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N4GIAdlbtLY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes it is. It's a classic and hope Pixar leaves it alone. There's rumors of a sequel lately.

It's nothing special

I doubt Pixar would ever make a sequel to a bug's life, it isn't exactly one of their most recognizable films.

I like it
youtube.com/watch?v=N4GIAdlbtLY

Antz was better

what about Wall-e or Ratatouille sequels?

Those are more likely, especially Wall-e. People love that robot

he's very marketable. yes

you are absolutely correct

Hopper is easily my favorite pixar villain

I fucking love this movie. I was surprised to hear how unpopular it was as an adult.

Hopper is a great villain, Flick actually has some creative inventions, all the bird chase scenes are great (especially the finale one), Flick getting the shit beat out of him was pretty intense for a kids movie plus his speech when he stands up to Hopper is tense as fuck, plus Hopper's death scene was pretty terrifyingly drawn out for a movie about talking bugs.

Also give props to PT who is so badass, he actually tried to take on a bird with fire and would have won if the bird turned out to be real.

Astoundingly it has a somber ambience that no new Pixar has replicated as this movie.

The introduction of the grasshopers, the crazy bug they had, the discoverement of the fake bird and what comes next, and the brutal dead of the villain really made me as a kid fear this movie, but now as an adult I miss these things in children movies an I wish them to return.

i have a confession
i never saw this movie

i really hate "misunderstandments" the movie.

I never understood why they just didn't kill the queen
to assert their dominance

She's already on her death bed and Atta was basically already in charge so it would've done nothing.

They were going to

It's literally a plot point

Antz is better.

And "English" the language apparently

The second time the grasshoppers show up in the movie, they were going to do that to show the ants who’s really in charge. Hopper Justin had the misfortune of deciding to go back after a circus and a neurotic inventor ant thought of a scheme to scare him away.

I had a crush on the princess. She was just so pretty and caring.