How do japs make even the ugliest characters looks cute as fuck?

How do japs make even the ugliest characters looks cute as fuck?

Other urls found in this thread:

sakugabooru.com/post/show/27447
sakugabooru.com/post/show/5195
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because japs dont have the masculinity to make anything look grotesque or menacing

So, is this a westaboo thread or not?

It is now.

FAVORITE

Sure, why not?

wait, what

>westaboo
No such thing.

Uncle Grandpa would've been a million times better if he was a shota.

come again?

They have the magic of cute, also good understanding of anatomy, posing, and color. Give a skilled Jap (or most SE Asian) artist a cartoon character with a simple design and they can do great things with em.

This copypasta could only be somewhat realistic with a female.

Have you played a jap game popular in the west that is not a jrpg, fanservice or monster hunter in your life.

I don't game.

They just make everything more Anime-like, it's called "moe"

Sorry, I prefer my cartoons to be ugly.

JAPAN!!!!!!!

Ugly pride worldwide.

MY LEGS

If an art school managed to find their secret, it might be worth giving them your money

Mind if I ask what was deleted?

Why do Western artists make ugly as fuck characters?

Ugly is the new black.

don't art schools have a hateboner for the anime style

because they're supposed to look funny and not attract any pedos

Can't be bigger than Sup Forums's.

Japan loves cute things more than cool things.

America likes cool things over cute things.

Hence

>Japanese female characters are pretty while Western female characters are ugly as fuck and manfaced

>Western male characters look alpha as fuck while Japanese male characters look like Twinks

>Western female characters are ugly as fuck and manfaced
So... France isn't Western now?

They can and have made grotesque and menacing things. They just generally don't.

sakugabooru.com/post/show/27447
sakugabooru.com/post/show/5195

I've heard many anecdotes that they do (and art classes in high school). In two cases it allagedly went so far that teachers got fired for it. I think it's an inferiority complex.

die.

You've been spending too much time around Sup Forums

He's generally right about American characters. (And even more so Canadian ones.)

teachers got fired for teaching anime?

For persecuting students who drew it.

Oh well that's alright then.

It isn't, and that's why they got fired.

Because HURR DURRR FUNNY RANDOM RUDE HUMOR DON’T YOUNG BOYS JUST LOVE THIS SHIT

This.

I disagree with the manfaced part but this is pretty accurate

I meant it's alright they got fired.

Then what the fuck are you doing on Sup Forums

One of the comfiest fandoms I've been in. Sadly everything died when it ended.

Source

You can't be serious.

Agree, western female characters aren't made to give more feelings

Moe* I hate phone-posting

shota are for hug, not for fug

Idk why people think art teachers hate anime when most art teachers I’ve ever known are either massive weeks or appreciate Eastern art. My animation and drawing teachers through out high school and college all like or knew about anime but always encouraged students to draw less anime while in class and practice realism so they could get a hang of stuff outside our comfort zone. That is usually the reason for it, but I’ve seeb weebs take a defensive stand against teachers who don’t want you to be a weeb piece of shit who only knows how to draw Japanese cartoons.

Are you that same fag who calls Ruby Gloom ugly, even though that show nor Loud House (especially not Luan) are ugly?

They don't, only some tumblr artist do,

sure bud

except that's completely untrue in most cases. I think you might just be upset that not everything is a generic moeblob

I've heard many anecdotes of art teachers having meltdowns because a student drew in an anime style, and teachers and students having misconceptions of the style like saying it's completely unrealistic and represents a singular style that you just copy.

It is true since moe is not a thing in the West, and there is no such thing as a generic moeblob.

>playing jap games that aren't JRPGs, monster hunter clones, or made by nintendo
You have absolutely shit taste

Bet.

moe literally just means cute you fucking retarded monkey, and most western shows actively try to make cute characters
>there is no such thing as a generic moeblob
Have you never seen any idol anime ever, or pretty much every harem anime that comes out each season.

Moe doesn't mean cute, and there already is a Japanese word for cute (kawaii).

>Have you never seen any idol anime ever, or pretty much every harem anime that comes out each season.
Yes, and there still is no such thing as a generic moeblob.

Actually, moe is more than just cute (though it usually is). It's something that inspires a need to protect or nuture. "I want to protect that smile" sums up the moe sentiment pretty well.

And yes, moeblobs exist.

It doesn't mean that either. It just means a response of love or affection to a character. It doesn't have to have anything to do with wanting to protect the character. Moeblobs do not exist.

>Moeblobs do not exist.
Okay then, moe characters that have no real personality and exist solely for another character to dote on exist.

Moe characters do not exist either. Moe is a not a type of character.

I think it's more about teachers being irritated with bunches of students taking art classes purely to learn how to draw "anime style". I know this was a big thing when I was in middle school around 1999-2002, when DBZ and Pokemon were in their prime in the US. Those kids didn't care about all the other styles of art, they just wanted to know how to draw Goku and Misty.

But there are characters that are associated with "the response of love and affection". Horror is not a type of character, but we know what it means when someone says "horror character".

There are no such characters. Any character can make the viewer feel moe for any reason.

Or whatever. If you're Japanese or fluent in the language, then you probably know more than me. I'm just replying because I need a few more minutes to waste until the laundry finishes. So, I concede.

Meant for Anyway, like I said, I concede.

You're being intentionally retarded
>"Good characters don't exist, any viewer can think any character is good"
>"Hot characters don't exist, any viewer can think any character is Hot"
>"Cute characters don't exist, any viewer can think any character is cute"
>"It's not like characters are commonly designed to elicit a certain response from the viewer, that never happens"
>"I am an intellectual"

I'm not being retarded in any possible way. Moe is not a type of character, it's a response to a character.

>"It's not like characters are commonly designed to elicit a certain response from the viewer, that never happens"
Everyone has different preferences and interpretations, and trying to elicit a specific response from a viewer is not moe.

Fuck me!!!!! I never knew briefs are my fetish!!!!

She's way below 13 you sick fuck!

She's not a real person and doesn't even remotely resemble one.

The state of Sup Forums in the 2018

What do you mean?

>"This character that is made for the specific purpose of inspiring feelings of moe cannot be called moe because reasons"
Kill yourself you absolute retard

Everyone has different preferences, and creating characters that appeal to people is just a normal part of making anime and manga of which moe is a possible by-product of.