Conan returning to Marvel

Anyone excited about this? I love the character and the old Roy Thomas works, but im worried modern Marvel won't know what to do with Conan.

I think it's easier for them to do Conan than almost anything else. It's a book that isn't tied down by anything Marvel is currently doing. So it SHOULD be free to just continue being Conan. As long as they don't do any time traveling bullshit and Mockingbird or Squirrel Girl don't make it a point to tell him what a crude sexist racist he is it should be...I 've just realized I've given Marvel the perfect formula to fuck this up.

Sorry

Don't give a shit about new Conan comics but I look forward to the reprints.

If they shove in SJW bullshit then it will be a flop.

It's Marvel.

Of course they will.

Dark Horse already reprinted all the old school stuff.
I'd just love a continuation to Savage Sword of Conan but it seems they intend to crossover with the main Marvel continuity. Thor and Wolverine? Could work if they do it right.

i want the barry windsor smith run without awful recolors tho

Conan now has a transgender black Asian Hispanic sidekick who is always being mis-gendered

Depends on the writer since there are no editors keeping things in check

I love Conan but between the original Marvel series by Thomas & Barry Smith, the Savage Sword series by Thomas & Buscema and the Dark Horse series by Busiek & Nord, literally every great Conan story already has 3 great adaptations.

I really don't need more.

Honestly, at this point i wouldn't be surprised. What a way to kill a character though.

If this didn't look like shit, I'd save it, because this is the most accurate image concerning marvel right now.

Ike being a cheapskate caused this mess due to there being less editors and the ones left being horrifically overworked to the point where they just don't care. I think Zub even said editors don't really dictate all that much anymore on a lot of books so a lot of the recent changes are writers doing it and then editors going "ok".

make it better than

The bigger problem is that Marvel isn't able to, doesn't have the artists to, draw Conan in the style that really suits him- the pen and ink art of the old Marvel comics.

I'm kind of disappointed by this, but am looking forward to Dark Horse liquidation sales.
I swear to god that we are going to end up with Deodato's CG-stuff like in the OP picture

old blood are whittling down

Thin armed boy loving Stygian Zamorian Turan halfbreed dog

Marvel just has the liscence to Conan. Theycant fuck around with his character without some input from the current owners. Iā€™m hoping with master yoshida sama at the helm, marvel will start getting their shit together

But there's the loophole in what I said. Conan could totally be himself and they just push him with characters that constantly berate him for being the kind of man he is. Or they do that censored (unsolicited opinions on women and Hyperboreans) dialogue.

Yoshida? Never heard of the guy but i hope he does a good job

Yoshida's pandering to Westaboos

He's gonna ''team-up'' aka take a backseat to a brightly haired Cimmerian womyn and her lesbian Darfari gf who don't need no men and kill scores of them without breaking a sweat. Plus political references and complaints about Aquilonian patriarchy.

Just pray that they don't decide to make him gay.

>already paired with Thor and Wolverine
Sigh

Fuck Conan Comics and fuck anyone who reads anything else than Robert E Howard's original stories and likes the Ahnuld movies.

Akira Yoshida is their new EiC. His actual name is "C.B. Cebulski," but it came out shortly after he was promoted that he was the secret japanese writer "Akira Yoshida" in the early-to-mid 2000s.
He made up a fake person, and wrote a few comics that were stereotypically weabooish:
>On November 17, 2017, Cebulski was promoted to Editor-in-chief, succeeding Axel Alonso. After the announcement of his promotion, Image Comics Branding Manager David Brothers challenged comics journalists on Twitter as to why Cebulski "chose to use the pen name Akira Yoshida in the early 2000s to write a bunch of Japanese-y books for them," prompting much discussion on social media. Rich Johnston resumed his investigation into the matter, having failed to definitively substantiate the rumors in 2006. On November 28, Bleeding Cool broke the story that Marvel determined that Yoshida was a pseudonym of Cebulski's in 2006 after Johnston reported on Gregg Schigiel's podcast. Cebulski confessed to Marvel executives that in 2003, he had been planning to leave Marvel, and devised the pseudonym to establish himself as a writer for other companies like Dreamwave and Dark Horse, only for another Marvel editor to hire him on the basis of that work. Cebulski publicly admitted to having used the pseudonym Akira Yoshida, leading to accusations of cultural appropriation and yellowfacing because of the stereotypical tropes Cebulski employed in his Yoshida stories, such as ninjas, samurai and yakuza. Comics critic and scholar Kelly Kanayama stated that in those stories, Cebulski "presented a vision of Japanese culture that was just different enough to seem exotic, but that aligned with Western biases about what Japanese culture ā€” and Japanese people ā€” were really like."

I'm pretty sure this is considered actual fraud at Marvel, because they have had rules in place for decades regarding being an editor and a writer at the same time.

hopefully Aaron isn't writing him
he literately did nothing wrong

Wow so edgy bro

Remember when Miracleman joined the Marvel universe? Good times.

I still dont understand what was the purpose of the Mr. Cream character.

What's edgy about that? How old are you?

Old enough. You're being such a tryhard its funny. The Howard stories are great but a lot of the other stuff is too. The first movie is pretty solid even if it made a lot of changes to the original material, and the comics are as influential and some of them, especially Roy Thomas, as good as the original stories.

Queen of the Black Coast (THE Conan romance) got screwed with Wood

Dark Horse never did Beyond the Black River

If it's funny then why does it come across like you're bothered by it?

I tried reading some of the comics and just found them all sorts of wrong, can't see how someone who started with the originals could be into all those watered down, inferior versions of Conan.

Started with the black and white sword of Conan I think it was, terrible, self describing onomatopoeias like all comics at the time, then moved on to the DH's versions, couple renditions of the same stories throughout different editing houses, pretty much all retellings, some times verbatim, other times inferior, and the art never, never holds a candle to Frazetta, so why would you read anything less that the originals? Read some original stories, nothing at all memorable.

Don't get me started on the movie, it's far from solid, it would be a decent Arnoldkino had it not been based on Conan, total garbage.

And no comic is nearly as influential as REH's, the movie is, only because of Arnold, sadly, but that's about it.

Oh btw, if you have any recommendations that you think would persuade me, then please sauce me, I am open minded about Conan comics, and I do want to like them, retellings or original stories.

They all just rub me off the wrong way.

Last one I read was that Wonder Woman/Conan one.

Almost puked.

Your mind is made up, I can't make you like the comic adaptations. But to say all of them are bad is a lie.

I didn't say that all are bad, I'm not even close to reading all of them.

>your mind is made up
It's really not, none of my opinions are set in stone, it's only my mind in it's current state. It was an honest request and still is.

Funniest fucking thing to come out of Marvel in years

Get ready for Conan the Cuckarian