BET Black Panther Apologise thread

Well "buitelandse" it's time to apologise to the best Black Panther incarnation ever.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jogj0_8rw48
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Hudlin Panther
Get the fuck out of this board and never come back

Step right up for your apology!

Wasn't this the Reginald Hudlin one? No thanks, I'll stick with my Chris Priest or my MCU or my literal pile of biting fire ants, all of which are much better interpretations of T'Challa.

white people hated Hudlin’s BP because of white guilt and praise Priest’s run because the main character of that BP book was Everett K Ross, who is white

My understanding is that Hudlin's run needlessly took the character to an extremely cynical place while pairing Storm and Panther up just because they wanted a black "power couple" rather than any actual chemistry

>Hudlin
Kill yourself.

Pretty much.

But I saw the other day that Priest's Black Panther was the best selling comic on Amazon, so that's good news.

Sorry, Reggie. Even Coates had a bigger influence on the movie.

PANTHER'S RAGE

Storm/Panther is good though

otherwise kinda yeah

The only lasting thing Hudlin brought to the Panther mythos was Shuri, and even then she's been inconsistent and badly written in the comics.

The story was more McGregor than anything else, the Killmonger stuff is pretty much a modernized take on 'Panther's Rage', with a lot of stuff taken from Priest and some from Coates. Hudlin ranks low as an influence.

>There will never be a Black Panther run as good as Priest's run ever again
feels bad man

If Disney were as committed to "Social Justice" as the liberals like to think, they would make this cartoon real already.

youtu.be/jogj0_8rw48

>Storm/Panther is good though
Fucking no

I do dig the theme song.

>He's not gonna throw him off the waterfall
>He's not gonna throw him off the waterfall
>

I'd say the only Black Panther guy who had less influence on the movie than Hudlin was Kirby, which is frustrating since I'm seeing Kirby fans act like he was the biggest and sole influence on the movie.

What do you all think of Coates Panther?

Its a bit boring, but not the worst comic in the world.

>Movies don't get people into comics

It is real though. It has the watermark of a tv Chanel in the corner for a reason

>nobody in the thread is actually talking about the show

I liked that they kept the motion comic style to it, its theme song kicked ass, i hated that Klaw was drastically changed

Could Priests run even be printed in modern Marvel? Not the trades, they'll obviously be printed to death, but a new series with the same level of disdain for black thugs?

Reading Priest BP for the first time. This is some first issue. Not sure if I dig the structure or not.

It comes together as it goes

I did not expect to laugh so much at this run.

It was the only good thing to come out of that series, but damn was it good

this theme song was killer

The only good thing about it was the theme song. And Storm was such a random, needless, shitty addition, literally one of the worst things

Y'know, I'm reading Priests Black Panther and I'm not getting any similar vibes from Civil War and Black Panther movies. BP seems like Batman meets Romitas Daredevil with Priest. He doesn't seem to have much of a personality in the movie.

The movie is a lot more Don McGregor than anyone else.

When is Wakanda going into space?

Is this a good run to start? Priests, as enjoyable as it is, seems to be a bit all over the place in terms of introductions.

McGregor's is really old school, extremely verbose writing and that 60s/70s art style which might make it hard to get into in another way. Personally if I were you I'd stick it out with Priest until at least the end of the Achebe arc and see how you feel. Priest was my intro to the character, and an excellent book but its definitely not like the movie.

I also would hesitantly recommend Hudlin's run if you want the book to be primarily focused on T'Challa's origin and on Wakanda. I wasn't a fan of it, but its a decent-ish intro to the world of Black Panther and at least aesthetically more like the movie.

There doesn't seem to be much of a focus on Black Panther atm. Like it's very enjoyable and well-written, but it seems to be more about the white fella. Hell, they don't even call him Black Panther, really. He's the 'client'. The writing and art are superb though.

It gets there, with the next story being primarily set in Wakanda. Priest wanted to set T'Challa up as a mysterious figure 'Batman with a kingdom', so he uses Ross as Ishmael to Black Panther's Ahab. It ends up working really well and makes Black Panther a very impressive figure, but its not like the movie and not to everyone's taste.

Shuri (Hudlin’s creation) was featured prominently throughout the film. Coates, though I really dig his run, has contributed nothing toward the film

Coates came up with the kimoyo beads.

I thought he also created Ayo, but I was wrong.