Why was Lord Zed so over the top grotesque when primarily children consume the content that he’s featured in?

Why was Lord Zed so over the top grotesque when primarily children consume the content that he’s featured in?

Well you see, OP, it used to be that kids weren't treated like delicate little flowers and could actually be exposed to questionable shit (despite Zed being pretty tame). Then soccer moms who are actually shitty parents whined about this, made Zed more comical, and thus aided in the pussification of children media that we see today

Because grotesque stuff is cool, dont be a stuffy parent group mother user

He was American made.

t. pussified child

Cuz Rita wasn't threatening enough.

>implying
she literally warped me into a asian milf loving degenerate and made child me hump couch cushions.

Because in the 90s gross was cool, take Rattrap had the same kind of exposed brain thing going on, albeit mechanical

Or for example, the brazenly displayed intestines on Cheetors gut gun, really not necessary considering he's a robot, but it was of the times

Are you a 'concerned parent' from the 1990s, user?

Oh. Then...they just ran out of stock footage?

grotesque was the "in" thing in the 90s

Kids LOVE gross. Snot, slime, boogers, vomit, blood and guts, toilet humour, toys like Gooey Louie and Boglins etc.

The only cool thing Zed has done since his first introduction is use grow grenades to escape Brainiac's bottle city.

Speaking of one of those children who were consuming that media... I never thought Zedd was grotesque, just that he was awesome.

This. He also gave off strong Darth Vader vibes.

I never cared much for Power Rangers but I will admit Zed had an amazing design.

So guys : Waddya think of the fact that Hasbro is now the ones making toys for Power Rangers and GO BUSTERS is next on the adaptation list?

I always thought Zed was super cool. I even had a plush of him as a kid.

He's hot you degenerate.

>1992
>not already neck deep in soccer mom years
you need to be old as fuck to post here

They asked for his design to be a REVERSE POWER RANGER and they took it literally.

This is the actual reason, to some extent.

Soccer mom is basically a politically correct euphemism for single mom.

Now I'm imagining a daki of Zed, but I can't tell what's on the reverse side.

childhood faves

i honestly didn't think of him as grotesque as a kid. I thought he looked really cool, especially with that mask.

I guess I was too young to realize or care that he was depicted as skinless, since it was obviously a guy in a costume.

I just assumed that it's his natural skin color.

>"My name is Lord ZEDD, with TWO Ds, you ingrates!"

Zedd may have lost some of his bad-ass-ness when he married Rita, but he actually started WINNING! The entire Alien Rangers arc was pretty much Zedd and Rita raping the Rangers at every turn and only losing by sheer contrivance.

My first PR season was In Space, so the show was already treating Zedd like an afterthought. Then when I saw MMPR a little later, it was kind of weird to see this guy as the lord of all evil when I knew about Dark Specter.

His design is that of a EVIL POWER RANGER and what's more evil then NO SKIN?

This is the real reason.

Not to mention they fucked over the machine empire in the end.

This too.

I still dislike how Turbo pretty much started the plot over again instead of continuing from where Zeo left off, and it left off on a lot of loose ends.

cool sculpt. what was this? Is this marvel zombies or something?

No one raised a fuss because you can barely notice the low-res intestine texture on shitty 90s CRTs.

gut gun?

He wasn't evil. He was just grumpy because he was so cold.

Huh, I honestly never thought of it that way. Neat

That was pretty fuckin awesome though you have to admit.

This didnt seem so bad when I was young. People just soft these days. Not even that fucking long ago.

One of Cheetor's guns was formed of his Cheetah mode's guts, and they felt the need to include that detail on the gun once you pulled it off (it also had a water squirting gimmick, so basically a pee blaster)

not a beast wars, so thanks. Weird. But good weird.

Kids, especially boys, think gross is cool.

but pee doesn't come from the intestines...

>Saban is adapting Go-Busters

I still can't believe it

It's a typical 90s uber-edgy character design similar to the SPAWN aliens.

I thought he was cool when I was seven

But that's wrong you retard. Soccer moms were usually stay at home moms, those that took their kids to soccer and then chatted among themselves about how horrible the shit that was on TV was.
Working moms didn't have time for any of that shit.

What is wrong about it? The suits looks more "clothes" to me.

My knowledge of Sentai is limited, but isn't this the season they made to appeal to the west?
Awesome fight scenes and they actually called their machines Zords?

>having to be the season that followed Gokaiger.

Go Buster never stood a chance

It does when I eat bad taco bell, amirite.

Did Japan like him?

So...what's up with the ass on that pink ranger?

It's funny because I don't think you could get away with having a villian like him today, specially since now everything has to look like it's super soft made for mentally disabled children (ala adventure time).

His interactions with rita in season 3 were truly some of the greateat moments in kids television

>Villain is a sapient computer virus

Are we getting Venjix back, lads?

>Same writers
Nope

No idea,but it should be a casting rule that all Pink Rangers have gigantic asses

Best Rita.

The fuck are you talking about? 90s was the X-treme decade and had loads of rad shit.

Pig disgusting

The synopsis mentions the Morphing Grid. RPM is the first show to actually define what that is.

Coincidence? Maybe.

Rita reminds me of Eggman: she can be a comedic villian, but she can also be a legit threat.

>That whole thing with the Green Ranger
>Cyclopsis
>The many times she summoned Lokar
>She goes after the Rangers' parents in Return of an Old Friend

So, they whined basically because the villain was doing his job properly? Holy fuck...

I don't know, AT has had it's share of darker moments. Not exactly nightmare inducing, but on par with Zedd at least. Then again, I was already a teen when he made his first appearance, so I don't know how kids felt about him

Shit, in the 80's some parents were worried that the fucking Smurfs might be satanic or communist propaganda. That kind of bs reaction has been around for as far back as I can remember.

To be fair, the new Smurfs movie is full of creepy esoteric symbolism affiliated with the US deep state, MK ultra, and the blackmail cult that runs your media. Most of your media is saturn worship or communist propaganda in one way or another these days.

Yeah, zombie Spidey rips his brain out through his dome then feasts on his guts.

as kid I loved his design