Why is he French? And is it just me, or does Aardman do a lot with French villains?

Why is he French? And is it just me, or does Aardman do a lot with French villains?

Aren't French villains kind of a British thing?

The English and the French still haven't quite gotten over a millennium of being each others' mortal enemies. Or at least the English haven't.

France and England have been at it for a 1000+ years. It was really only until after Napoleon did they bury the hatchet (somewhat) between them. That being said, French being disposed of as the lingua franca has left a lot of French people bitter. There's a lot of laws in France that strictly prohibit or limit the influence of the English language, be it from dubs or even using loanwords.

That being said, it's a lot more light-hearted now than what it used to be.

Yes.

Thread's over, go to sleep everybody.

I applaud the froinch for resisting the English Borg. As much as I love the language, I don't want it to become the only one.

English and Chinese will become the world standard in 100 years.

Let's hope that will not mean "all other languages will cease to exist". Besides, chinese is ugly.

>Chinese
No way. A lot of people speak it sure, but they all live in China, it doesn't even come close to comparing to English in terms of international use. Spanish has way more international presence than fucking Chinese.

cause we all know the british and the french are motal enemies
forever locked in a fruitless struggle
as the US, Russia, and China carve up the world

And besides, Chinese is a harder to learn than an English. And Chinese as far as I know, it’s not a one language, but several somewhat different

>He doesn't know
The Chinks are taking over a lot African countries by forced export of Chink workers. Where ever they go they only use Chinese. Destroying African culture, stealing black women and replacing Europe and America in controlling the black dictators.
In a few decades Africa will become the yellow continent.

The Chinese are so afraid of skeletons that they ban them from video games. With a weakness like this, anyone can repel them.

The Catholics will take over China first.

That is the face of DETERMINATION.

So they just reused the same villain design from Curse of the Were-Rabbit?

He look very british pour moi.

They look very Norman ie. Upper-Class

I cry everytiem

>And besides, Chinese is a harder to learn than an English
It'll vary between the speakers native language but they are on roughly the same level of difficulty

[Britian has left the team chat]

Because for a long time their nobility was French.

>There's a lot of laws in France that strictly prohibit or limit the influence of the English language, be it from dubs or even using loanwords.
Those have mostly fallen into obsolescence, they're not even applied in official documents anymore (unlike in Québec). Only place it's still really enforced is radios being forced to play some amount of music with French lyrics.

The funny part is that the snooty French villain is the British media equivalent of the posh Brit villain in American media.

>will
They're the number 1 political force in some countries already.

>market the film as caveman vs civilization
>actually make the best football film in a decade

Still better than the Pixar formula
>Come up with an amazing creative idea
>shoehorn that idea into another fucking mismatched pair roadtrip movie

I swear it's been a long time since they didn't make a sequel or road trip movie.

>his knowledge of [...] weapons [...] was unmatched
Reminder that Romans copied Celtic weapons.

Because snooty French people are great at being unlikable assholes/villains.

t. snooty french

They invented Foie gras. They're pretty evil.

Not when it comes to writing, no. No logogram based language is as easy to learn to write as an alphabetic one.