Why CAN'T The United States afford universal healthcare?

I am a believer that everyone in this country should have access to healthcare, just like we all have access to K-12 education. And yet the main argument against it is "we won't be able to afford it."

And my question is, why not? Why can all the other countries in Europe afford it, but we can't? What are they doing, that we are not? I understand that USA has way, way more people than those countries, but surely the USA also has way more money, industry than those countries as well?

Why CAN'T we tax the upper class a lot more?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UrJGlXEs8nI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Man no idea, I pay €180 a month (one of the more expensive) and it covers EVERYTHING, including one or two tooth implants a year. Not dentures, fuciing €3000 single implants

Because you spend most of your money to keep your economy running in a weird set-up revolving around your weapon industry.
Basically it's hard for you to use large parts of your money, so you might not be poor but effectively you're poor.

Also with how easily you frighten an how much shit you cause that same costly jobs machine is also a vital necessity due to continued idiocy, though hopefully Trump ends that at least.

Cuz we need that 6 billion dollars to kill brown people who live in the sand silly

Too many leeches and the bigger the population is the more it accentuates the problems of forcing the young and healthy to subsidize the sick and old. Not to mention every country with a somewhat decent government health program doesn't have to pay for it's own defense because we do it for them.

the problem with universal healthcare (we got that shit rollin' in Panama) is that you need >90% of the people working and that implies that niggers gotta work too.

Here in Panama most blacks work like everybody else since they get the same education as everybody else (except the native americans but those cunts preffer to live in those poverty bags known as shires/reservations).

Still the system is not perfect, but everybody (even people with private health care) is obliged to pay.

Everyone does have access that isn't a fucking retard

But instead people expect everything in life to be handed to them. Then they fail to develop a marketable skillset, have children that they can't afford, live outside of their means, and complain that society is responsible for their bad decisions. And half the country thinks that's A-OK

I don't give a fuck what Europe does - were King Shit on this planet and I'll start taking suggestions once I'm not living in relative luxury compared to the rest of you

This is so ridiculously contradictory I wont even finish thi

Minority's, boomers, and fat people cost too much to treat.

The USA has far more money and industry, but also a vast amount of people. It's still pretty high GDP per capita globally though.
It's also extremely expensive on average for insurance there. Politicians are trying to fix it though - Obama tried, trump pledged to do better.

Taxing the rich isn't a great solution.

Why should we keep people alive if they don't contribute? Why should the government pay for dead weight?

its not contradictory at all, its pretty basic common sense.

The upper class is already heavily taxed contrary to popular belief. Usually upwards of 50% in combined taxes. Although it should be noted different people in the upper class make their money in different ways, raw income is taxed differently than investment earnings. You may want to clarify more where you think the upper class needs more tax?

Pretty much this.

because of this

Because we're paying for everybody's defense, why do you think they lose their shit when Trump says he wants to cut NATO funding?

US PUBLIC SCHOOL IS SHIT TIER

THERE ARE 330 MILLION PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY

YOU FUCKING IDIOT

330 MILLION

330 MILLION

330 MILLION

SHUT THE FUCK UP IDIOT

FUCK OFF

HURR LETS JUST MAKE IT FREE AND COVER EVERYONE DURR

SURELY THIS WILL BE EASY AND GREAT

JUST LIKE THE VA SYSTEM

THE VA SYSTEM IS SO GREAT

OH WAIT

FUCKING KILL YOURSELF

FUCKING LOW IQ IDIOT

ASK MORE STUPID QUESTIONS

They're approaching the problem the wrong way. All universal healthcare would do is put a burden on the government and taxpayers, when they could instead go after the overinflated prices set by the pharmaceutical companies for cheap medicine.

maybe if we had free health care your blood pressure wouldn't be so high

The United States have one of the highest GDP per capita in the world. There is no good reason universal healthcare cannot work. The fact that small businesses have to provide health care for all their employees and deal with that bureaucratic hell is a big factor against economic growth.

not a simple answer, but there are several contributing factors why we can't afford it or just simply switch to a universal system and model it after other countries

>drugs cost more
drugs cost more in the US because they are researched here, then shipped to other countries as generics

>doctors cost more
highly skilled doctors and nurses want to work in the US because they make so much money. In a universal system they couldn't make so much money. The doctors themselves get kind of screwed because at the beginning of their careers they start with a bunch of debt and have to work basically for free for several years as a resident.

>won't compromise quality
There would inevitably have to be compromises made to provide healthcare for everyone, and people wouldn't accept lesser quality care.

>too many poor people
There are too many poor people in the US who take out more than they put in the system, and the middle class would inevitably be squeezed hard for this, just like social security.

1. Nobody can afford Universal Healthcare it's a slow death for any country, the incentives are too distorted.

2. Your fat fucking culture, excessive regulation and really odd economic structure would make Universal Healthcare cost far more than it does in other countries.

Americans seem more entitled than Australians, even though we have Universal Everything, we still have this stigma attached and almost eroded, where I don't see that in the US at all I see people begging and screaming and pleading for more.

What this actually comes from is a lack of understanding of how other countries do it. Americans seem to think that they can fulfill their entitlement dreams of sweeping generalizations of outcome without examining the specifics of existing systems.

Whether Obamacare/single payer, the idea of insuring everyone with a pre-existing condition has already fucked other countries up, yet still they persist like a bug being burned by a light bulb to keep flying at it.

You can't afford it, it isn't as great as you think it will be, it won't be the same as any other country in implementation and you'll regret is just as much as your current corporatist big pharma system atm, but worse.

all our money goes to debt.

youtube.com/watch?v=UrJGlXEs8nI

If we didn't have the cancer of a permanent shitskin welfare caste, then I would be 100% in favor of universal healthcare. Currently I'm against it because I'm in favor of anything that makes more welfare recipients die earlier.

We can afford it. We can even pay a fraction of what we do now and still afford it. What we can't afford is the massive parasitic bureaucracy that goes along with its current implementation.

ObamaCare was just a bailout for insurance companies, many of whom were overexposed to the same toxic securities that brought down Lehman et al. That's all it was, a bailout.

I've never participated in it, and a I openly refuse to pay any taxes associated with it. If the IRS wants to make something of it, they know where I live.

One of the biggest reasons doctors, hospitals, and healthcare in general is so expensive is because of the sunk costs. Hospitals for example have to right off 30% of the people they treat because they never get paid a dime. The rest of us with insurance are subsidizing all these sunk costs with high premiums and overall shitty coverage because we are covering the too much risk in the market. Hospitals and Small Doctors offices operate at small margins. The healthcare providers are not the problem. They system is flawed and will come crashing down if risk isn't spread out more or the financing of pharmaceutical research changes.

Too many fat cunts and niggers. I don't want to pay any more money away to people that I do not like or respect

A few reasons would be:
-A huge nigger population that doesn't work and already on medicaid/welfare. They will never fucking work

-A similar problem with Latinos, but some Latinos work just don't pay much taxes

-We spend loads of money on war. Like fucking huge amounts of money. Unbelievable amounts

-we spend a fuck load on the huge amount of military bases in other countries that we supposedly defend.

And other reasons