How is this movie? I hear it's very anti Christian

How is this movie? I hear it's very anti Christian.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MOFrB743PgE&list=PLPq6iUifPrJZQBMhSY2phIeu16Gitx_j9
youtube.com/watch?v=nAh78K_hqVU
youtube.com/watch?v=adxlG_IAYlQ
youtube.com/watch?v=HsdBTgPW4y0
youtube.com/watch?v=KkqXXKb0jrA
youtube.com/watch?v=CYVoTTiNxpI
youtube.com/watch?v=Ez6wfJWVCeI
youtube.com/watch?v=MOFrB743PgE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's more anti-religion in general

It's alright, the director's cut is the better version.

Also has best waifu

how?

It's fantastic. Classic Eva Green Mommy-Kino.

Nah it isn't anti-Christian but it does portray the Knights Templar as idiots

It's pretty pro christian desu.
It's not very accurate, historically. The Templar knights weren't a bunch of degenerate cunts, they were the spec ops of old. They are why saladandbeans didn't take over Europe.

The movie shows Templar fucking up a Muslim hoard 3 times larger than them, and winning mostly. Only in the end do they surrender.

Eva Green looks like a gremlin, I don't see the appeal. But the concept and setting of the film is what interests me; not a lot big budget films on the Crusades.

>Eva Green looks like a gremlin. Knees are too pointy, 2/10 wouldn't bang.

Not really convinced of it's accuracy, but I found it to be quite entertaining.

Weird. I was just thinking about this exact same topic today. Have a bump

for crying out loud, she has a goofy librarian look, even with all the makeup and brush work. If that's your thing, whatever.

Setting and costumes are great, but the story and characters are pretty shit, unfortunately. I wanted to love it but it's just not worth watching (even the director's cut).

>How is this movie? I hear it's very anti Christian.

Has some cool moments, but very historically inaccurate. The protagonists are also post-modern humanists and are nowhere near medieval people. It's ridiculous.

This long, long review is very good.

youtube.com/watch?v=MOFrB743PgE&list=PLPq6iUifPrJZQBMhSY2phIeu16Gitx_j9

I love this movie.

>youtube.com/watch?v=nAh78K_hqVU
>youtube.com/watch?v=adxlG_IAYlQ
>mfw

Thanks, will watch OP. Any more movies like this that people recommend?

You're gay. Just accept it.

Maybe you two should fuck

The religious people do dumb shit and kill eachother for a city. The non religious dude thats enlightened because reasonsfinds more value in living.

I personally liked it, just don't look too deeply into it. Directors cut is the best tbqhwy fampai.

Huh, that kinda sounds like the Joan of Arc movie that Luc Besson made, or the Seventh Seal. Applied post modern sensibilities to the middle ages...oh well. I'll talk to ya'll later, I need to take a shit.

>The movie shows Templar fucking up a Muslim hoard 3 times larger than them, and winning mostly
Dude what? The Templars attacked a trader caravan, then when Jerusalem died they got the army to march into the desert and die.

You get to watch a big dual-wielding German fuck some people up despite having a crossbow bolt in his fucking neck.

>youtube.com/watch?v=adxlG_IAYlQ

God this still makes my cock as hard as wrought iron.

The beginning is decent and the medieval warfare scenes are great, but the middle part of the movie keeps dragging on and on.

The ending sucks.

The main anti-Christian theme is that Christians do not belong in Jerusalem. The Holy Land doesn't belong to them.

Or maybe you and I should fuck

>How is this movie? I hear it's very anti Christian.
shit

they don't though. Jerusalem is heaven. The crusades were retarded.

Did Christians ever claim 'ownership' of the holy land, though? I thought the crusaders just wanted to secure the safety of pilgrims.

When they say it's any Christian they mean anti catholic, the main character finds more peace with God in doing the common good rather then what the Templars want. I don't like how it shows Guy and the Templars to be a bad guys, and the movie doesn't do a good job of showing the wrongs of the Muslims, but all in all top movie worth the watch

Its anti Crusades and it romanticizes Saladin a lot.
Its still a pretty good movie anyway. Watch the extended cut.
Orlando Bloom is pretty shit by the way. He plays this autistic aloof guy the whole time

>41 minute review
>2 hour movie

I'll watch that when I rematch the movie. Thanks user

Ironclad is bretty good

try el cid instead

>Its anti Crusades and it romanticizes Saladin a lot.

This.

I second Ironclad.

Also, Black Death if you want some Sean Bean.

minute review
hour movie
>I'll watch that when I rematch the movie. Thanks user

That's only the first part of a 6 part series. The entire review is 2-3 times longer than the extended cut of the movie.

>>Its anti Crusades and it romanticizes Saladin a lot.
>This.

Try Khartoum instead

Or anything with Heston in it, 55 days in peking etc

Bro you can't fool me, I played Age of Empires 2, he was clearly a great leader and a blessing on the world.

The scene opens up with a monk who's a corrupt dickhead. It's slightly anti-christian

>Also, Black Death if you want some Sean Bean.

I recommend Black Death. It's damned good.

>Black Death
I saw Black Death. It was another film with a medieval setting looked through a postmodern lens. On one hand women are devious shits, but on the other men are delusional brutes. Nothing of value in that film.

>looking for value in modern film

Its entertaining.

Slanted or not the directors cut is amazingly good

>anything with Heston in it
I saw Ben-Hur. It holds up really well. Really nice cinematography and good acting. I love how balanced everyone's personality is rather than this edgy shit we have today.

youtube.com/watch?v=HsdBTgPW4y0

Enjoy anons

It was largely Christian before Islam and the crusaders set up the Kingdom of Jerusalem after the first crusade.

Reminder that christianity destroyed rome.
Then it oppressed and killed people, and restrained progress for one thousand years.
But now when it's toothless you defend it.

Anti-religious and incredibly historically inaccurate. The Director's cut is still an okay movie though, once you realize that it's about Iraq, not the Crusades.

Coriolanus ia pretty good in my opinion.

Its ok. It does kind of go out of its way to cuck itself.

But for Ridley Scott, its ok. He's usually hit or miss, and this movie was neither. The directors cut is the ideal version. Visually great, tho, of course.

Thanks for recommendations

christians are pagan blashpemers that should be put to death, except for the anomoeans/arians and those with similar beliefs throughout history

>Reminder that christianity destroyed rome.
degeneracy killed Rome.

The Roman Catholic church learned from this.

Pagans destroyed Rome, dipshit. When the Christians reclaimed old European philosophical traditions they integrated it with Christianity.

youtube.com/watch?v=KkqXXKb0jrA

>The Templar knights weren't a bunch of degenerate cunts,
They were accused of kissing of the anus and worshiping the head of baphomet. Are you a fellow traveler?

false. the vatican was against any kind of philosophy and had secret police forces just like hitler had that would take those that learned sciences and philosophy(science and philosophy was intertwined up until the 1700s) and were never seen again or executed in public squares. also it was the christians that burned down the libary of alexandria blaming pagans for being blasphemers thereby setting humanity backwards 1000 years. this is why europe was in the dark ages for so long while the middle east was overflown with knowledge

> Templar knights press for war against dunecoons
> king stops them
> Templar knights try again almost getting Saladin to war
> king stops them
> new knight in the middle gets chance to be king since king is dying
> lol no ill just be a knight
> king dies
> new king immediately has Templar knights go out and kill Saladin's sister
> new king kills messenger
> GOD WILLS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> king goes to war
> goes out into desert ill prepared
> finds dune coons
> DUES VULT!!!!!!!!!!
> get completely ass raped
> Templar leader killed by Saladin

Templars are portrayed as dirty war hawks that John Bolton would've been had concerns about

I know this might be hard to believe but everything you just said is false. You've fallen victim to meme history.

youtube.com/watch?v=CYVoTTiNxpI

Pagans destroyed rome after it was split into two parts, because everyone thought that god loves him more.

>They were accused of kissing of the anus and worshiping the head of baphomet
They were accused of that by State authority, not 'the Christians'.
You have that backwards. Roman Catholics have always adjusted their views if natural law contradicts the bible, meaning that the bible hasn't been interpreted correctly whenever that happens. Just about all the suppression of new discovers were *politically* motivated, not religiously. Much like we have today with consensus driven 'science'.

source your ignorance or face my jambiyya across your neck ya kufar

It's "Christians are violent and attack the peaceful Muslims." Basic lefty historical revisionism.

Inquisition killed lefthaned and green eyed people. Because they thought these people were witches and sorcerers.

I await the Popes word to bring Just War against the ideology of islam and wipe it an its adherents from the face of the earth.

And we will.

It was completely divided up an economically overburdened. It was an over rigid State, debased currency, and too many conflicting cultures eating away at what was left of Roman wealth.
Julius Caesar was smart enough to Romanize every place he conquered, which then ensured a stable Empire after Octavius came to power. Contrast that to Alexander's Empire, which was multicultural and collapsed within a short time span.

>Templar leader killed by Saladin
No, he was alive at the end. He fights lolilljustbeaknight guy.

You're alright Ireland

wrong. the excellence of the inerrant ministry is above reproach. therefore everyone should remain in a state of submission and not question the verdict. this is found in pope gregory the great "the verdict of the superior, no matter whether just or unjustm had to be obeyed by the inferior subject." fidelis christianius

also following in his footsteps is pope boniface and he stated that "if the supreme pwoer err it can be judged only by god and not by man."

this whole concept of fidelis christianity/inerrant sainthood is what led to the decline of knowledge in europe. the only ones that were learning to read and write and have any sort of knowledge was the ministry. and they forbid any philosophy and scientific teachings that others came to learn about on their own.

they burned books and people along with the books. they set up undercover secret police forces to restrain anyone from learning anything that the church deemed forbidden

Nigger what? The guy gets killed. Whatever inaccuracies in the film the guy gets offed after during wine that guy was handed. That's factual

>offed after during wine that guy was handed
wat

I don't recall him ever killing the faggot that became king after the leper died. I thought they fought, then, when bloom had him beat he just went lol im the better man u live. I haven't seen it in years, I could be thinking of another movie.

when your potato farms are set ablaze you will be begging for mercy at the feet of those you seek to destroy

He kills de Chatillion, who isn't the Templar leader. Guy de Lusignon is, and he survives the movie.

It shows Islam in a very positive light.

No, it shows Saladin in a positive light. The muslims were blood hungry retards and he essentially says as much.

I was going to respond to you about the Ayyubid uprisings against him, and examples like the Battle of Hattin...but then I saw your flag.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ez6wfJWVCeI

the portrayal of Guy de Lusingan and Raynald de Chatillion was decent enough, and I loved the Horns of Hattin scene. Those two were colossal retards for meeting saladin in the desert. imagine chasing around mounted archers and mamluks all day with no water, in a full suit of mail in 100 degree weather. fucking retarded generalship, especially when they had places like pic related to hide behind. the crusader states were so low on manpower one loss absolutely crippled them, they should never have risked that battle. the scene of saladin beheading raynald for drinking out of guy's cup was straight out of history too. orlando bloom is a fairly shit actor though, and a fairly shit character, not likeable at all. Arn the Knight Templar is a better movie in every way.

This

It's not anti-Christian. It's just pro-Saladin, pro-Knights Hospitaller, and anti-Fanaticism.

If you watch it, watch the directors cut. The theater version was garbage because it omitted a bunch of scenes.

>(((Hollywood)))
No, thank you.

>its a sean bean dies again episode

The muslims burned the library when THEY sacked Egypt.

Templars are portrayed as dirty war hawks that Hillary would've been had concerns about.

>real crusade history
>being (((accurate)))

Not terribly in topic but "centurion" is another really solid action/adventure from 2010 if you like these others

Same, watched it for the first time just a couple months ago. It is mind blowing they could make that in 1959.

youtube.com/watch?v=MOFrB743PgE

Part one above. Several of them. It is very anti-Christian. Historically complete bullshit too.