Guys, whats the difference between anglo-saxon and celtic?

im pretty much fully celt sadly and i want a anglo saxon gf to imporve my seed

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celts
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Celtic, these days, is generally taken to mean "Scottish/Irish", but only because these were the last Celtic lands stripped of their identity, so they hung onto it a bit more.

Really, all of Europe that wasn't Greek, Slavic, Italian, Germanic (so Scandanavians included) was Celtic/Gallic before the Romans absorbed us all. Spain was populated by "Celtiberians", Northern Italy was "Cisalpine Gaul", France was "Transalpine Gaul" (Lol Cis and Trans, that's where it comes from btw, Latin)

Nothing wrong with being Celtic, although given a choice between the two I'd have the world be Germanic. A lot of formerly Celtic areas like Spain had their blood muddied by Mudslimes and shit, but those of us with pure Celt blood are as white as anyone.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celts

Some really good Celtic shit in the British Museum, if you're ever over there.

I forgot to mention, there was never a sense of a Celtic or Gallic "nation" at the time. We were divided tribes, and that's what allowed the Romans to conquer.

All in all, a pretty good culture to belong to. Beats being a rootless "white person".

im like half Scot-Irish Celt and half East-France Celt.

And I guess I never even really answered your question.

After the Celts of England/Wales had been brought into Roman culture, Christianized, etc, the Romans pulled out as the empire receded in the early 400s, and Germanic Aglians and Saxons from modern Denmark/Northern Germany came over and established themselves as rulers. They Christianized by 600-650 or so, and mixed with the locals such that virtually nobody in England could distinguish themselves entirely as belonging to one or the other.

Meanwhile Scotland and Ireland (Caledonia and Hibernia) had never been Romanized, and were not conquered by the Anglo-Saxons either. Thus what I said earlier about maintaining Celtic identity in those places, though it would be the 1600-1700s before they actually called it "Celtic" and identified it with any kind of nationalism. They were just living as they always had, although the particular groups within these areas that were predominant changed with time (Scoti were an Irish tribe, but gave their name to Scotland where they settled)

Anyway I identify more strongly with my Celtic roots than I do my Anglo-Saxon, since my Mom's side is Scottish and my Dad's is a very Celtic looking sort of English (Brown hair brown eyes).

In b4 some rootless American (who thinks that being able to trace your family tree back to 1900 makes them an old family) calls me a nigger. Same bit of England (Sussex) since 1200, where the records fall off. Nigger.

thanks a lot bud

No problem pal

>Northern Italy was "Cisalpine Gaul", France was "Transalpine Gaul"
>"Cisalpine Gual"
>"Transalpine Gaul"
>Gauls on this side of the Alpines
>Gauls on the other side of the Alpines

I fucking speak Latin and it still astounds me how uninspired Romans were with naming shit. Some of them with literally number their children.

Celts today are Irish, highland Scottish, Welsh, Cornish, and Breton.

Anglo Saxons of today, the English and lowland Scottish, are pretty much a hybridization of Celts and Germans/Danes. The ratio ranges from ~20% Germanic in Northern England and lowland Scotland to ~60-70% Germanc in East Anglia.

Most ethnic Ulster Scots are just lowland Scots who moved over from Britain to Ireland to settle in Northern Ireland, but they've been mixing with the locals for quite some time now, so they're edging closer to the Celtic genes.

nigger

Celts are swarthy bog dwelling alcoholics, just think of your typical paddy.

Anglo-Saxons are the true master race, the protagonists of world history. All men of the earth are measured against the anglo saxon and all pale in comparison.

pls no bully

While you are correct about where the Anglo Saxons settled, I've found that the Borders of Scotland and north-eastern England are among the most Anglo-Saxon places, second only to East Anglia of course.

Am I Anglo Saxon? My dad is British 100% and my mother is American but her family came to the colonies from Germany a couple hundred years ago, so she's aryan.

WHAT AM I

Anglo Saxons are Germans that invaded England. Celts are the native population

You're totally different ethnic groups

Being a Celt is a blessing Im so happy Im Irish

Ameriburger
No seriously, you're founding stock. Be proud. Don't ruin that.

>tfw both sides of your family comes from Cornwall, England

110% Anglo! Not a single drop of nigger/ celtic blood!

Well one's white, and other's some kind of ginger mongrel with even fewer potatoes than sense

>Cornwall
>England

I wouldn't shout that out loud in Cornwall IIWY, Just stick to snorting tin and buggering pilchards and you'll fit right in

I am 1/4 Irish, 1/4 English, 1/4 Italian and 1/4 Czech. I have white freckled skin, green eyes and dark golden blonde hair.

I might as well be a nigger, right?

Picture pls